PDA

View Full Version : Saw 2 Black Ls...

GoldLS1
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Just checking to see if anyone claims them...

One was at Waffle House on Cooper close to UTA yesterday (monday) at 6:30ish. Either an 03/04 w/ old style wheels or upgraded everything up to 03/04 but not the wheels.

The other was at at Don Davis Service Center off 360 and 30 (Watson Rd) today at 5:00ish. Btw the service tech jumped on it a lil... Id kicked his ass if hed did that to mine. 03/04 w/ black lid.

sandpiperx
10-18-2006, 07:04 AM
I will have to claim the waffle house on monday. I stopped for a bite and a cup of coffee. The company RV I stay at three days a week is right down the street on cooper. I also saw another black L on 35w in fort worth tues. he got off heading into down town I saw him breifly and waved..
:tu:mp

gagspa
10-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Just checking to see if anyone claims them...

One was at Waffle House on Cooper close to UTA yesterday (monday) at 6:30ish. Either an 03/04 w/ old style wheels or upgraded everything up to 03/04 but not the wheels.

The other was at at Don Davis Service Center off 360 and 30 (Watson Rd) today at 5:00ish. Btw the service tech jumped on it a lil... Id kicked his ass if hed did that to mine. 03/04 w/ black lid.
Ours was the one at Don Davis and yes, my wife already jumped his ass about driving it that way.

Were you there?

Tex Arcana
10-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Ours was the one at Don Davis and yes, my wife already jumped his ass about driving it that way.

Were you there?

What'd she say/do to the jacka55?? :d

GoldLS1
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Nice lookin trucks!! Odd that BOTH of yall are on here tho...

I was at Don Davis (see first post :tu: ), I was actually standing outside staring headon at the truck when he jumped on it. I heard the exhaust b4 I saw it when he jumped on it around the building. Then he jumped back on it again when he was comin back around to the front of the service center. YOUR EXTREMELY LUCKY he didnt drag the front bumper on the curb. He had to back up 3 times tryin to park it in the lane.

What did ya have done there to the truck if ya dont mind me askin??

sandpiperx
10-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Not that odd most of the L's I run into in the metroplex are on here it seems. but it's all good. thanx for the roses and If I owned the truck that was at the service center I would be ripping the gm's arss and getting my monies back if at all possible. That crap really rubs me wrong..hope it works out. And if any of you spot me say hello and lets talk. have a fantastic day. :tu: MP

gagspa
10-18-2006, 08:51 PM
What did ya have done there to the truck if ya dont mind me askin??
They were replacing the driver side interior door handle as the paint had started to chip off.

We also had a brake problem that we were following up on.

GoldLS1
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
What brake prob, if ya dont mind me askin again. Mine are squeekin (both fronts I think). Im not sure if its just how these trucks are but the brakes dont stop the truck for ****. Ive been thinkin of some drilled/slotted and new pads.

Did they do a good job on the handle changeout??

gagspa
10-19-2006, 08:32 AM
What brake prob, if ya dont mind me askin again. Mine are squeekin (both fronts I think). Im not sure if its just how these trucks are but the brakes dont stop the truck for ****. Ive been thinkin of some drilled/slotted and new pads.

Did they do a good job on the handle changeout??
No squeaking, but when you brake aggressively the ABS comes on sooner than it should.

We took it in and later they called back and said that our brakes were worn out (30K miles) and that they wanted to replace the pads and the rotors. I told them that I would do it myself. So after dealing with them all day I finally got the truck back. The next afternoon I pull the tires to have a look at the pads and rotors only to find out that they still look almost new. Both the pads and rotors are in excellent condition. So that was another afternoon wasted.

I went in to talk to the tech on Tuesday. He told me that the problem is that we have two different types of tires on the truck. The fronts are Hankooks with a treadwear of 400ish and the backs are Goodyears with the treadwear of 200ish. He said that the fronts are locking up quicker than the rears which is triggering the ABS. I asked him what that had to do with the pads/rotors and he said that they were worn. We had an argument about that as well. In the end I doubt that I will be back. Don Davis has probably just lost any future service on my vehicles and my new car purchase will not be from them.

They treated me good for a while, but that has changed ever since they got a new service manager.

Silver_2000
10-19-2006, 08:54 AM
No squeaking, but when you brake aggressively the ABS comes on sooner than it should.

We took it in and later they called back and said that our brakes were worn out (30K miles) and that they wanted to replace the pads and the rotors. I told them that I would do it myself. So after dealing with them all day I finally got the truck back. The next afternoon I pull the tires to have a look at the pads and rotors only to find out that they still look almost new. Both the pads and rotors are in excellent condition. So that was another afternoon wasted.

I went in to talk to the tech on Tuesday. He told me that the problem is that we have two different types of tires on the truck. The fronts are Hankooks with a treadwear of 400ish and the backs are Goodyears with the treadwear of 200ish. He said that the fronts are locking up quicker than the rears which is triggering the ABS. I asked him what that had to do with the pads/rotors and he said that they were worn. We had an argument about that as well. In the end I doubt that I will be back. Don Davis has probably just lost any future service on my vehicles and my new car purchase will not be from them.

They treated me good for a while, but that has changed ever since they got a new service manager.

His explanation about the traction differences makes some sense BUT sounds lke they were trying to get you for brake work you didnt need

gagspa
10-19-2006, 09:52 AM
His explanation about the traction differences makes some sense BUT sounds lke they were trying to get you for brake work you didnt need
That is what I thought too. The problem with the brakes is still there, and since the pads and rotors are fine his explanation is the only one that I can think of. But if that is the case then why didn't it happen on my Mustang when I was running DRs on the rear and Khumos on the front?

Tex Arcana
10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
That is what I thought too. The problem with the brakes is still there, and since the pads and rotors are fine his explanation is the only one that I can think of. But if that is the case then why didn't it happen on my Mustang when I was running DRs on the rear and Khumos on the front?

More weight on the back? Or the tires you have now are actually harder than the others were.

Another thought: what shocks are you running?? If you have something other than the stock shocks, say adjustables (QA1s), they may be set too soft, and the tires are hopping, inducing the ABS to trigger.

SILVER2000SVT
10-19-2006, 01:04 PM
The antilock system is independent for all 4 wheels, most certainly separately for front and rear...It's a truck, it's designed to have varying loads in the bed which affect the amount of friction force that can be applied to the rear brakes. Having a sticker tire will not affect how this control system is working.

If the service advisors are going to lie to you, they ought to be at least trained to tell a lie that could be true.

I HATE DEALERSHIPS! To think that people actually pay a premium of 2-3 times the justifed rates to have the dealer work on their vehicles because they think they are getting better quality workmanship.

gagspa
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I HATE DEALERSHIPS! To think that people actually pay a premium of 2-3 times the justifed rates to have the dealer work on their vehicles because they think they are getting better quality workmanship.
I agree. I only went there because it was under warranty.

SILVER2000SVT
10-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I agree. I only went there because it was under warranty.

I've done it myself a time or two for the same reason. It's just that every time I would come back with a story about something they messed up or didn't diagnoise right, etc, hence the reason for my personal view of dealerships. I consider myself lucky that my truck is not under warranty anymore and I don't subject myself to that torture.

The only decent experiences I've had with them is when there is no thinking involved. When the problem is obvious and it is very clear which parts need to be replaced before the mechanic even see it.

Lyfisin
10-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Is it possible he had to jump on it a couple of times just to test the brakes?

Tex Arcana
10-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Yet another thought: warped rotors. :(

GoldLS1
10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
You know a few days back I hit the brake kinda hard and I thought the ABS kicked on WAY to soon also. Maybe its just these trucks...

Another thought disable the ABS!!

SILVER2000SVT
10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I've had my ABS kick in early before. It doesn't happen very often but when it does I can usually recognize a small bump while braking that would cause it to kick in early. Both my old Dodge trucks did the same thing.

gagspa
10-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Yet another thought: warped rotors. :(
When I checked the rotors they seemed fine and even the tech said that they were okay.

Tex Arcana
10-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I've had my ABS kick in early before. It doesn't happen very often but when it does I can usually recognize a small bump while braking that would cause it to kick in early. Both my old Dodge trucks did the same thing.

In all honesty, it happens to me fairly regularly, but then I know I'm either braking really hard, or I know the traction isn't there, it typically doesn't surprise me.