PDA

View Full Version : New Shelby Cobra 1/4 Mile Times Stock

Beaudee
10-18-2006, 04:03 PM
What are the new shelby cobra mustangs running in the 1/4 mile stock?Anyone have links to some video footage of a stock 1/4 mile run.A friend picks his up tonight,all i hear is how bad it will eat a lightning.I thought they where running in the low 13's stock.Thanks:confused:

PUMP
10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
What are the new shelby cobra mustangs running in the 1/4 mile stock?Anyone have links to some video footage of a stock 1/4 mile run.A friend picks his up tonight,all i hear is how bad it will eat a lightning.I thought they where running in the low 13's stock.Thanks:confused:

I ran against one at TMCC at Rusk in April. He ran 13.2 on street tires, and claimed it was stock.

gagspa
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
I ran against one at TMCC at Rusk in April. He ran 13.2 on street tires, and claimed it was stock.
I would expect them to run much better than that stock. I ran my car faster than that on street tires and I'm making almost 100hp less and can't drive.

Beaudee
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Does the new cobra have the pcv oil migration problem we have.Friend was asking about oil seperator.

TP Derrick D
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM

Beaudee, think about this. the Shelby's have 500+hp(L's-360-380 stock),480 # ft torque, Lightning weigh 4700#'s, Shelby around 3,920#'s. Its faster than '03-'04 Terminator Cobras which was faster than Lightnings. I'm talking about from the factory because I can just hear all the I beat a Cobra smack coming on here.I'm not talking about a fresh off the showroom stock Shelby -vs- a vehicle thats got $20,000 worth of mods on slicks. go to www.MUSCLEMUSTANGFASTFORDS.COM for more info. also check out www.50mustangandsuperfords.com

PUMP
10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Timeslip-10177.html

Above link posted a 12.87, but with 2.2 60-ft time. Lots of horses but no shoes?

BC Lightning
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
In the July issue of Car and Driver there was a good article putting the Shelby Cobra up against a base model C6 Vette . . . . . . . . . the Cobra had no chance against the stock C6 Vette, I'll rip the pages out of the mag and scan them in

Beaudee
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Beaudee, think about this. the Shelby's have 500+hp(L's-360-380 stock),480 # ft torque, Lightning weigh 4700#'s, Shelby around 3,920#'s. Its faster than '03-'04 Terminator Cobras which was faster than Lightnings. I'm talking about from the factory because I can just hear all the I beat a Cobra smack coming on here.I'm not talking about a fresh off the showroom stock Shelby -vs- a vehicle thats got $20,000 worth of mods on slicks. go to www.MUSCLEMUSTANGFASTFORDS.COM for more info. also check out www.50mustangandsuperfords.com

Yaah i thought all about it.I told him i would meet him at a track and have it all legal like,no smac coming from here.I also said he better drive it like he stole it :D .I believe i have a truck that can do in the high 12,s with my present modds..His is bone stock,and he wont even drive it to work unless its on his trailer.i did 130+ burger runs with mine the first night i had it,lit a smoke in it and a smokin burnout on the way off the lot after i picked it up from the dealer.I would do the same with a GT if it was mine.I'm not going to take smac from someone who wont even drive it in to work,and doesnt have the pelotas to drive it hard.I hear the same smac from GTO owners,i happen to have one and plan on taking the L. and the GTO to the track in the future with a trusted friend driven the GTO.I will film it and post it when i do.All in all i am not scared to loose or put up.I only talk smac to those who deserve it,think about that.

WA 2 FST
10-25-2006, 04:58 PM
If he can't run mid, low-12s with a bone stock Shelby Cobra, then he should have the car taken away from him. Period.

Beaudee
10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
:tu:
If he can't run mid, low-12s with a bone stock Shelby Cobra, then he should have the car taken away from him. Period.:tu: :rll: I dont think he will ever race it.I tried to get him to take it to Terry for a tune and a pulley.Maybe when he gets over the new car syndrome.He said the dealer offered 650H.P. with a warranty when he picked it up.Doug Stanley Ford in Desoto.

WA 2 FST
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM
:tu: :tu: :rll: I dont think he will ever race it.I tried to get him to take it to Terry for a tune and a pulley.Maybe when he gets over the new car syndrome.He said the dealer offered 650H.P. with a warranty when he picked it up.Doug Stanley Ford in Desoto.

Wow... that's pretty cool that Doug Stanley would do a performance upgrade and maintain the warranty on the vehicle.

When these things come down in price, I may have to get one.

Beaudee
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Says he paid 5K over sticker.

gagspa
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Says he paid 5K over sticker.
That is about the cheapest I have heard of.

Beaudee
10-26-2006, 08:03 AM
That is about the cheapest I have heard of.
Yaah most are 10K over.Helps to have friends in the family.:rolleyes:

wesman
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM

The black one with silver stripes in Arlington that I ran into on Tues can't beat a Lightning at any speed;)

As Derrick said, I'm not stock tho....I've got intake and exhaust :tex

--wes

Beaudee
10-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt challenge him with a stock L..I would take my truck to Terry just to give it the Clint edge.To rub it in i would have a smoke lit and be drinkin a Dr. Pepper on the way down the track.He got the black with the gray stripe.I am envious,its a sweet lookin ride.Theres a white one still there and a ford GT.