PDA

View Full Version : AT&T is hiring

StormShadow
10-19-2006, 11:03 AM
For those of you looking for a good job with a good company. If any of you guys are interested in a job with AT&T let me know and I'll do what I can to help you out. I have worked for SBC/ATT for 9 years and will be able to retire with full benefits when in 21 years when I am 50 years old. ATT is a hard company to get on with so I figured some of you younger guys may want to jump on this opportunity.

http://sbc.recruitmax.com/candidate/images/common/sc_leftrule.gif
Premises Technician
Location Department Date
TX-Arlington
TX-Bedford
TX-Dallas
TX-Euless
TX-Fort Worth
TX-Hurst
TX-Richardson
TX-Carrollton
Technical - Outside Feb 9 RequirementsThe new AT&T provides services to virtually every country and territory in the world, providing international voice service in 240 countries, linking 400 carriers and offering remote access via 19,500 points of presence in 149 countries around the globe.

Don't miss this opportunity to work for the company that is the number one U.S. provider of local and long distance voice services and provider of broadband DSL.

Our AT&T Premises Technicians demonstrate, install and recommend AT&T home entertainment equipment and services to our customers.

Premises Technicians must possess STRONG verbal communication skills as well be able to perform the following tasks:
Install and rearrange inside wires
May work in attics, basements, and crawl spaces
Work outdoors in all types of weather
May climb ladders (up to 28ft) and will work with hand tools
Educate customers on service features and functionality
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS VALID AND INCLUDED RESUME IS CURRENT!

The AT&T Staffing Team may use email to contact applicants and base assessment of qualifications on resumes provided.

MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Physical exam (275 lbs. weight limit in working clothes & Safety Gear)
Able to lift and move up to 80 lbs.
Valid state drivers license
Non-negligent driving record
Able to perceive differences in wire and cable colorMinimum qualifying scores on employment tests will be required.

Persons interested in this job must be willing to work day, evening, night, weekend, holiday, 24hr on-call, and/or split shifts. BenefitsAt the AT&T family of companies, our success depends on the determination and dedication of our employees, and it's important that our employees know we value them. We recognize that work is just one of many important things in your life and your needs may change over time. So we've designed a benefits package that allows our employees to plan for their future, offering protection and value today and tomorrow.
Not only does the AT&T family of companies offer excellent compensation packages, but we also have outstanding benefits (medical/dental/vision insurance, education assistance, family care benefits, pension, savings plan), and an environment conducive to personal and professional growth.
AT&T Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment.

SILVER2000SVT
10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
One of my good friends is a field technician (pole climber) for SBC. He's in his 20's without any college degree and makes considerably more money every year than I do as a degreed senior level mechanical engineer plus he has better benefits.
Kind of pisses me off a little. :hammer:

Maybe I need to apply. :D

StormShadow
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
We had a guy make 115k last year (way more than I have ever made). Thats a lot of overtime but we get time and a half for the first 9 hours of ot in a week and then double time after that. Plus we get double time and a half for holidays and time and a half for Sundays.

hallin hay
10-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I am interested pm sent

StormShadow
10-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I am interested pm sent

replied hope it helps you:tu:

my2002lightning
10-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Adam,

Some days in this line of IT work, I think I might take you up on it.:cool:

I have some experience climbin' trees and mashin' computer buttons...:D