PDA

View Full Version : 06 Dodge Ram sucks!

L8 APEX
10-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Sucks balls that is! I had the chance to drive a new 06-07 Ram 1500 crew cab for a few days. It had the 4.7 V8 engine which is so gutless I had to look and make sure it wasn't a V6. They should badge these trucks with a NOT a HEMI sticker, or NEEDS HEMI... This V8 would barely rotate the tires on DIRT! A brake stand was all but impossible on any hard surface. It idles around 500 prm and has an annoying shiver at idle. Road noise is about double the tolerable level. It only avg's about 15mpg. Flex fuel engine by the way, I should have pissed in it. The transmission constantly hunted in and out of lockup and downshifted to maintain the most mederate of speeds. The seats were worse than a paramedic's back board. It does not have European brights! Their is no way to flash high beams! The remote is built onto the key and the panis button is huge and gets bumped a lot by accident. The tailgate has a huge plastic piece of crap on it for some purpose. The headrest made you want to hunch forward the whole time. The rear doors opened fully but were the smallest I have seen. The damn seat belt buzzer is enough to make me think of shooting the gauge cluster. If there was insurance on it I would have on general principal. It would go off 85% of the time and you could not shut it up other than to click the belt in. Oh yeah the mirrors sucked as well, you can't see much of anything behind or beside the truck.
The good points were the suspension, it handled quite well for a half ton crew cab truck. Stereo was cheap but had acceptable sound. Decent wheels and tires. The A/C and heat were pretty strong and simple to use. The auto cranking until started feature is nice.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG6817.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG6820.JPG

Ohmsby
10-23-2006, 07:58 AM
I recently had an opportunity to have a very similar looking vehicle for a couple of day's while one of my toy's was at a world fomous speed shop in Duncanville Texas.

I agree with Terry that thing is a raging piece of S**T I don't mind giving up fuel economy for power (see Ford Lightning) but to have neither that's just wrong.:vomit:

I'll make sure Enterprise get's that POS off your lot this morning

L8 APEX
10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Tell them about 10 I think I should be there by then;)

Ivanhoe_Farms
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Tell them about 10 I think I should be there by then;)

I like the avatar, at least you have come around to a REAL pistol:tongue:

L8 APEX
10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
I am dissapointed that nobody spotted the pistol under the seat;) . This must have been one of those Lone Star edition Rams:D .

Ivanhoe_Farms
10-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I am dissapointed that nobody spotted the pistol under the seat;) . This must have been one of those Lone Star edition Rams:D .

It really is not distinguishable as a pistol --- No hammer to give it away, not in condition 1, so it is a wanna be pistol ;)

Moonshine
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I am dissapointed that nobody spotted the pistol under the seat;) .

Spotted, or commented on? 'Twas expected, therefore no reason to comment on the sighting. :tu: