PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe sucks

Mark #2
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Not much more to add to the topic, but he just sucks in the red zone.
Romo now at the half please.

StormShadow
10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Very frustrating when he just hold the ball untill he gets sacked. Even more so when he throws interceptions in the end zone. Offensive line sucks and where is Jason Witten?

BTW that was BS that the ref can't get himself out of the play on the TD to Burress.

Mark #2
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Very frustrating when he just hold the ball untill he gets sacked. Even more so when he throws interceptions in the end zone. Offensive line sucks and where is Jason Witten?

BTW that was BS that the ref can't get himself out of the play on the TD to Burress.

Yes, Romo is in, and intercepted on his first pass, Cowboys just getting their arse kicked.
O line sucks I agree where is Witten?
And TO drops again, get rid of him

L8 APEX
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Romo isn't much relief to anyone but Bledsoe... Get back up in your suite box Jerry, stay off the sidelines!!!!!!!!1

wesman
10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
HAahahahaa...this is funny sh!t. It wasn't Drew's fault for some of that crap, unimpeded to the QB it's gonna bea sack, I don't care who you are.

He does hold the ball too long at times, btu his line is blowing their assignments more often than not.

The Int by Romo was his fault, not the lines. This is what Parcells get for letting the owner make football/personell playing decisions.

--wes

StormShadow
10-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I didn't think they should go to Romo yet but now that he's in I'm pullin for him.

wesman
10-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I didn't think they should go to Romo yet but now that he's in I'm pullin for him.

Agreed, gotta support the troops :beer:

StormShadow
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
4th and 2 T.O. wide open and he drops it WTF! :throw:

Mark #2
10-23-2006, 10:02 PM
4th and 2 T.O. wide open and he drops it WTF! :throw:
Yup, he sucks too, that was the end of this game.

wesman
10-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Lmao....I'd say Romo sucks worse, makes horrible throws and horrible decisions.

--wes

StormShadow
10-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Offensive like sucks the most

TP Derrick D
10-24-2006, 09:19 AM
The Cow-girls get what they desire. I just feel bad for Bill Parcells, I liked him as a coach because he didn't let overpaid players control his ship with Giants, Jets or Patriots now the Irving Cow-girls.

Tex Arcana
10-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, Brew Dreadsoe sits the lumber, and Romo leads the 'boys to a decisive victory. B.O. catches a bunch for over 100 yards, and Barber pounds the final nail in the coffin with his last touchdown run. The Dallas defense was excellent, the offensively-smelling line had enough right-gard to at least control their regular death-stink, and eventually play a decent game.

I've always thought Dreadsoe was a wooden toy soldier, barely able to think much less react and maneuver.

At least Romo is mobile and able to make decent decisions. The only problem is he's showing up in games two or three years too late. Better late than never, I suppose; maybe there's hope for the year after all.

dboat
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
My personal opinion is that the offensive line showed up to play last night.. that made the difference.. there might have been a couple of plays that Bledsoe might have been sacked instead of Romo, but everyone played last night... and they played hard.. plus the 'Boys got a few non-calls go their way.

Romo looked good, but the tale of the tape isnt one game.. anyone here remember Clint Longley? snake hunter?

Dana

StormShadow
10-31-2006, 07:50 AM
My personal opinion is that the offensive line showed up to play last night.. that made the difference.. there might have been a couple of plays that Bledsoe might have been sacked instead of Romo, but everyone played last night... and they played hard.. plus the 'Boys got a few non-calls go their way.

Romo looked good, but the tale of the tape isnt one game.. anyone here remember Clint Longley? snake hunter?

Dana

Yea, didn't he punch Rodger?

Sixpipes
10-31-2006, 08:28 AM
My take on the Bledsoe thing. Drew must have chronically low blood pressure. I can't think of any starting quarterback in the NFL that after getting pulled at halftime, wouldn't have almost had a coronary at the post-game press conference. But not Bledsoe. You can marvel at his maturity, but to me, it signals that he is just too complacent. That at this point in his career, he is just happy with his gig. That seems to be his personality in the pocket. He'd just as soon go down as try to escape and possibly get nailed with a career ending injury. Call me crazy, but he has never had the fire (read leadership) that folks in Dallas expect out of their quarterback.

Romo may not be as gifted, but he's got the kind of fire that I like to see in a player, particularly at the quarterback position. :cool:

Tex Arcana
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
My take on the Bledsoe thing. Drew must have chronically low blood pressure. I can't think of any starting quarterback in the NFL that after getting pulled at halftime, wouldn't have almost had a coronary at the post-game press conference. But not Bledsoe. You can marvel at his maturity, but to me, it signals that he is just too complacent. That at this point in his career, he is just happy with his gig. That seems to be his personality in the pocket. He'd just as soon go down as try to escape and possibly get nailed with a career ending injury. Call me crazy, but he has never had the fire (read leadership) that folks in Dallas expect out of their quarterback.

Romo may not be as gifted, but he's got the kind of fire that I like to see in a player, particularly at the quarterback position. :cool:

Honestly, imho, Dreadsoe is a brainless twit with a fairly gifted arm. Kinda reminds me of Dilbert of Ravens fame, who finally got taught to *NOT* make a mistake and let the defense win the game, which got him his Super Bowl ring. Of course, Dilbert wasn't able to translate that into a new gig, because every time he would try to think, he's toss the ball into the defender's arms. :hammer:

Dreadsoe is the same way, except Tunahead can't seem to get him to stop thinking long enough to prevent turnovers.

Given the way they play with him in there, I'm almost thinking Dreadsoe's gone and p!ssed off the line and other players (B.O. notwithstanding), and they just don't respect him anymore, because every time Romo walks on the field, the whole team seems to step it up a notch.

dboat
10-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Yea, didn't he punch Rodger?

yep

FRDRCING
11-01-2006, 09:52 AM
I say give Romo a few more starts and see how he does against some other teams. If he starts to look like Bledsoe then The cowboys are done for the year. But he may beable to turn things around.

dboat
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Nice post Dennis.. I would tend to agree with this assessment.. you would have normally expected a helmet throwing episode on the sideline..
But I do respect the guy. I do think he has talent.. I also think that negative will wear anyone down after a period of time and that has been a big part of his career at NE, Buff and Dallas..

BC Lightning
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Nice post Dennis.. I would tend to agree with this assessment.. you would have normally expected a helmet throwing episode on the sideline..
But I do respect the guy. I do think he has talent.. I also think that negative will wear anyone down after a period of time and that has been a big part of his career at NE, Buff and Dallas..

I called it at the beginnig of the year and told my good buddy Tyson (who btw is now out with a broken ankle after the late sideline hit :hammer: ) that Bledsoe was going to have a relapse of what happened with the Patriots, he gets injured or pulled and the younger QB will take over and actually do good with the team, like what happened with Bledsoe and Tom Brady

wesman
11-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I called it at the beginnig of the year and told my good buddy Tyson (who btw is now out with a broken ankle after the late sideline hit :hammer: ) that Bledsoe was going to have a relapse of what happened with the Patriots, he gets injured or pulled and the younger QB will take over and actually do good with the team, like what happened with Bledsoe and Tom Brady

Dear lord do not compare Romo to Brady....they are so light years apart in every single category. Maybe someday Romo will lead the Cowboys into the promise land, but it won't be this year, and he won't do it with his present style of play. He has a lot of maturing to do.

--wes

BC Lightning
11-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Dear lord do not compare Romo to Brady....they are so light years apart in every single category. Maybe someday Romo will lead the Cowboys into the promise land, but it won't be this year, and he won't do it with his present style of play. He has a lot of maturing to do.

--wes

I'm not comparing brady to romo, romo has a long way to go to be like brady, but the situation with Bledsoe and Romo to the similar situation with Bledsoe and Brady with the Patriots

Mark #2
11-05-2006, 02:58 PM
TO is an idiot, referring to the sleeping in the end zone stunt.
One of his teammates needs to slap him upside the head one of these days.
Another dropped pass.

WA 2 FST
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
TO is an idiot, referring to the sleeping in the end zone stunt.
One of his teammates needs to slap him upside the head one of these days.
Another dropped pass.

The idiot pretty much cost them the game today. Dropped a sure TD in the 2nd half which would have put them up 26-12 in the latter part of the 3rd qtr. And he dropped another one later that could have resulted in a 1st down...ended up punting on the next play.

Then Vanderjerk gets a kick blocked in a crazy ending to the game...not sure it was his fault. It looked like 3 Redskins were blowing past the interior line as soon as the ball was snapped.

All the penalties (~150yds worth)... that is purely a _coaching_ problem.

bluesvt
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't think Romo could ever compare to Brady even when he matures. As for todays game, that face mask penalty for 15 yards??? That was barely a face mask maybe a 5 yard but prob would have lost in overtime anyways.

WA 2 FST
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
No one knows what Romo will become. You can't compare him to Brady, and you can't compare him to Rick Mirer, either. :tongue: There's no way to tell. Give it 3-5 years... if he lasts that long. From the early results, he's better than anyone the Cowboys have had since Aikman. He had a good game today, but they didn't win. That's all that matters.

Mark #2
11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, glad to see that TO drops his first pass.
Maybe this thread should change to TO sucks.

WA 2 FST
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Yep... 1 play, 1 drop. Maybe he's going for a record. What a fool. He has to be one of the worst teammates to have in the history of sports.

L8 APEX
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM
It was a wobbly low flop of a pass, but he still should have caught it. I liked the Eagles game today though. Joe Gibbs sucks balls!

L8 APEX
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
TO's gonna bobble them all day long.. It was bold ofthe Cardinals to go for the 4th down conversion right off the bat:tu: .

Tex Arcana
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Yep... 1 play, 1 drop. Maybe he's going for a record. What a fool. He has to be one of the worst teammates to have in the history of sports.

Yeah, he pulled a "Terry Glenn", aka "Alligator Arms", on that one play across the middle. Damned weener. :hammer:

Tex Arcana
11-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Another Cowboy player that's "T.otally O.verrated": Julius Jones. I wish like hell they would set his sorry butt down and let Barber do the honors. :hammer:

Lyfisin
11-12-2006, 06:18 PM
JJ isn't that bad. It's hard to be a number one running back on any team which is evidenced by the fact there isn't one for every team.

I think Barber is a good back, but it's easy to look good when you're only in there once in a while. You're much more rested and the defense doesn't key on you so much.

Tex Arcana
11-12-2006, 07:16 PM
JJ isn't that bad. It's hard to be a number one running back on any team which is evidenced by the fact there isn't one for every team.

I think Barber is a good back, but it's easy to look good when you're only in there once in a while. You're much more rested and the defense doesn't key on you so much.

Jones is speedy, but he doesn't seem to see the holes as well as Barber does. Jones typically will head where he's supposed to, but just doesn't seem to see the hole closing 'til it's too late; Barber spots this sooner, and either *attacks* the hole hard and bursts thru, or he sees the real opening and takes it.

Jones does best on the outside; then again, he came from an option-based offense. I honestly think he's the "second" back, and Barber should be the "first" back, expecially if they insist on running between the tackles more.

Lyfisin
11-13-2006, 09:04 AM
There's no question their skill sets are different. Barber is pretty much a 3rd down back The defenses are more spread out because they are frequently passing situations. It's easier to get more yards per carry and Barber's 5.1 average is better than JJ's 4.1 average because of this. Put Barber in on 1st and 2nd down all the time when defenses are more in run-protect mode and I believe the situation would change.

JJ runs the ball an average of 20 times per game. Barber less than half that.

If Barber was the better back, I think it would show in practice and he'd have the starting job.

Just my .02.

Tex Arcana
11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
There's no question their skill sets are different. Barber is pretty much a 3rd down back The defenses are more spread out because they are frequently passing situations. It's easier to get more yards per carry and Barber's 5.1 average is better than JJ's 4.1 average because of this. Put Barber in on 1st and 2nd down all the time when defenses are more in run-protect mode and I believe the situation would change.

If Barber was the better back, I think it would show in practice and he'd have the starting job.

Just my .02.

My penny's worth:

Look at yesterday's game. Barber took the ball a majority of the time in the 3rd, and was able to create yardage where JJ would hit a body and fall down. And a large majority of JJ's yardage to date has been in the 4th quarter, when the game's already decided, and usually the bulk of which consists of a couple-three long runs (typically outside runs); however, between the tackles, he NEVER sees the hole unless it's large enough to fly a 747 thru, and he typically gains NOTHING.

There was one run by Barber yesterday, late in the 3rd or 4th, where he headed for the line (they ran the replay from behind the QB), and before he even got close, saw the hole close, redirected, and ended up with some good positive yardage. JJ is rarely ever able to do that.

Simple solution: two-back backfield, with JJ and Barber. Set up the motions to include playaction to one or the other, and run Barber inside the tackles and draws, and JJ on outside sweeps and such. One or both can stay in for blitz protection, and can slip out as outlet recievers. :tu: That way, JJ's salary can be justified.

Now to get B.O. to truly earn his salary. :hammer:

Lyfisin
11-13-2006, 03:16 PM
My penny's worth:

I gave my .02 which beats your .01. :tongue:

You can't compare what a guy did on any one play or even a single game. They definately have different skillsets, and there's nothing wrong with a two back system. All I'm saying is that if Barber had a chance to get hit as much as Jones has he'd probably be a different guy.

Jones has rushed the ball 180 times this season and caught 3 passes. Barber has rushed the ball only 73 times and caught 12 passes. If Barber was the starting and every down back, I don't think he'd be able to hit the holes you're talking about quite as well this far into the season as he is now.

In this week's game, he didn't even touch the ball until almost the two minute warning. He ran a couple more times in the last two minutes and didn't run the ball again until the end of the third quarter (although he did catch one pass). By far, most of the running he did was in the 4th quarter when the AZ defense was pretty worn down.

Tex Arcana
11-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I gave my .02 which beats your .01. :tongue:

You can't compare what a guy did on any one play or even a single game. They definately have different skillsets, and there's nothing wrong with a two back system. All I'm saying is that if Barber had a chance to get hit as much as Jones has he'd probably be a different guy.

Jones has rushed the ball 180 times this season and caught 3 passes. Barber has rushed the ball only 73 times and caught 12 passes. If Barber was the starting and every down back, I don't think he'd be able to hit the holes you're talking about quite as well this far into the season as he is now.

In this week's game, he didn't even touch the ball until almost the two minute warning. He ran a couple more times in the last two minutes and didn't run the ball again until the end of the third quarter (although he did catch one pass). By far, most of the running he did was in the 4th quarter when the AZ defense was pretty worn down.

I'll see your 2c, and raise you a nickel. :tongue:

i'll grant you the 4th quarter bit; however, you must've been seeing a different game than me, because I saw him carry more during the meat of the game.

And I disagree about the number of carries, I think he'll respond better to more. Call it a hunch, but that's my thoughts on the matter. I really do think JJ does better when he's not getting hit. And we've yet to see if he'll be durable enough to carry that much. My prediction: he'll get hurt in the next couple of games, and end up sitting the bench because Barber will step up to the plate and deliver.

Lyfisin
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I'll see your 2c, and raise you a nickel. :tongue:

i'll grant you the 4th quarter bit; however, you must've been seeing a different game than me, because I saw him carry more during the meat of the game.

And I disagree about the number of carries, I think he'll respond better to more. Call it a hunch, but that's my thoughts on the matter. I really do think JJ does better when he's not getting hit. And we've yet to see if he'll be durable enough to carry that much. My prediction: he'll get hurt in the next couple of games, and end up sitting the bench because Barber will step up to the plate and deliver.

I'm outta cash.

I didn't watch the game. I watched the Cincinnati/San Diego game. The info I got came from the play by play writeup from nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061112_DAL@ARI

Your hunch might be right, if Barber really has that much talent, Parcells can't seem to see it. He can't play on hunches. Those guys are all about number crunching. If Barber's numbers start to win over, he'll get more playing time.

Tex Arcana
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm outta cash.

I didn't watch the game. I watched the Cincinnati/San Diego game. The info I got came from the play by play writeup from nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061112_DAL@ARI

Your hunch might be right, if Barber really has that much talent, Parcells can't seem to see it. He can't play on hunches. Those guys are all about number crunching. If Barber's numbers start to win over, he'll get more playing time.

Or, maybe Tunahead is doing what he did with Romo, limiting his action while giving JJ enough rope to hang himself with; when JJ screws up royally or gets hurt, Barber becomes #1, and no one looks back. ;)

You going to the meet tonite?

Lyfisin
11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I might. Depends on if I can actually remember it a couple of hours from now.

I already ate. :(

dboat
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Just my .02.

Tex, I agree with Brook on this one.. I have watched every game on the big screen here at the house.. They have two completely different running styles.. This is like comparing Earl Campbell to Barry Sanders.. In my book, Barber doesnt have a lot of moves and isnt overly fast but he is a banger (Tuna likes bangers).. JJ is more of a finesse back that has some semblance of speed to him..
I dont think this is like the QB situation, Tuna will play who he thinks gives him the best opportunity to win.. Thats why I have Barber on my FF league, he scores more touchdowns because he is the banger when they get close to the goal line. I believe that Tuna felt that Bledsoe did give him the best chance to win until just recently too. I still like Bledsoe, but Romo is proving himself to be pretty darned good right now.
Dana

Tex Arcana
11-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Tex, I agree with Brook on this one.. I have watched every game on the big screen here at the house.. They have two completely different running styles.. This is like comparing Earl Campbell to Barry Sanders.. In my book, Barber doesnt have a lot of moves and isnt overly fast but he is a banger (Tuna likes bangers).. JJ is more of a finesse back that has some semblance of speed to him..
I dont think this is like the QB situation, Tuna will play who he thinks gives him the best opportunity to win.. Thats why I have Barber on my FF league, he scores more touchdowns because he is the banger when they get close to the goal line. I believe that Tuna felt that Bledsoe did give him the best chance to win until just recently too. I still like Bledsoe, but Romo is proving himself to be pretty darned good right now.
Dana

:confused: Then why am I see what I am seeing?? Maybe it's me being :tex:, but dangit, I *know* what I see!! Don't I?? :(

Either way, we'll all have to agree to disagree; tho Brook admitted tonite at Hooters that he just reads stats to keep up with his fantasy football team, that he hasn't watched a game since the Hoover administration, and that his racoon coat and porkpie hat are still in good shape, tho his Dolphins pennant is getting a bit tattered. :d :tongue:

I'm sticking with Barber: even tho you see him as a "banger", I see moves that indicate his vision is better than JJ's.

Now to change subjects: who is going to replace Ellis?? Achille's Tendon rupture, which could very well be a career-ending injury. The Ticket threw out some names, I forget who, but none of them alone can do what he did. I can see that side of the defensive line weakening for sure, I can only hope they can plug the hole.

Tex Arcana
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Dana

:confused: Then why am I see what I am seeing?? Maybe it's me being :tex:, but dangit, I *know* what I see!! Don't I?? :(

Either way, we'll all have to agree to disagree; tho Brook admitted tonite at Hooters that he just reads stats to keep up with his fantasy football team, that he hasn't watched a game since the Hoover administration, and that his racoon coat and porkpie hat are still in good shape, tho his Dolphins pennant is getting a bit tattered. :d :tongue:

I'm sticking with Barber: even tho you see him as a "banger", I see moves that indicate his vision is better than JJ's.

Now to change subjects: who is going to replace Ellis?? Achille's Tendon rupture, which could very well be a career-ending injury. The Ticket threw out some names, I forget who, but none of them alone can do what he did. I can see that side of the defensive line weakening for sure, I can only hope they can plug the hole.

dboat
11-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Dang it Tex, I was ok until you mentioned The Ticket, I do miss listening to them. My wife hated listening to it, then I made her listen in the car for a while, then she would listen in too, just wouldnt tell me.
That was the first I heard on Ellis' injury.. that is not good news, not sure they can make that up until free agency and draft time is here.
Dana

Tex Arcana
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Dang it Tex, I was ok until you mentioned The Ticket, I do miss listening to them. My wife hated listening to it, then I made her listen in the car for a while, then she would listen in too, just wouldnt tell me.
That was the first I heard on Ellis' injury.. that is not good news, not sure they can make that up until free agency and draft time is here.
Dana

You can listen on the web via streaming audio, dead simple and such low bandwidth even corporate networks don't notice. :tu:

dboat
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
You can listen on the web via streaming audio, dead simple and such low bandwidth even corporate networks don't notice. :tu:

I know but even mine is so slow at work that it cuts in and out.. more pain than it is worth.. I tried it for a while after I moved up here but just had to give it up.. :flaming:

Dana

Tex Arcana
11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
I know but even mine is so slow at work that it cuts in and out.. more pain than it is worth.. I tried it for a while after I moved up here but just had to give it up.. :flaming:

Dana

Geez, what'd they give you at work, AT&T Wireless Broadband?? :rll::hammer: YOu'd figure you would be on at least a T3 up there. Hell, I could listen on the DSL at the bookstore (when it was open). :confused:

dboat
11-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Geez, what'd they give you at work, AT&T Wireless Broadband?? :rll::hammer: YOu'd figure you would be on at least a T3 up there. Hell, I could listen on the DSL at the bookstore (when it was open). :confused:

Its a very large organization that uses a lot of bandwidth.. you know, everyone listening to The Ticket all the time... LOL..

They keep having to get more "pipe"..

Dana

Tex Arcana
11-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Its a very large organization that uses a lot of bandwidth.. you know, everyone listening to The Ticket all the time... LOL..

They keep having to get more "pipe"..

Dana

I'll bet ya they're trying to stop it altogether. :nono: Talk to the network admins, tell 'em to let it thru. :tu:

Mark #2
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Pretty interesting game so far today, the TO bowl...Turn Over.

dboat
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Pretty interesting game so far today, the TO bowl...Turn Over.

yep until the end of the first half when Dallas just could not stop them from driving down the field for a touchdown.. and then all we can muster is two missed fields goals from the highest paid kicker in the league. :flaming:

Tex Arcana
11-19-2006, 09:17 PM
yep until the end of the first half when Dallas just could not stop them from driving down the field for a touchdown.. and then all we can muster is two missed fields goals from the highest paid kicker in the league. :flaming:

Hey, the final result was excellent: 21-14 Dallas. Our defense really stepped up to the plate, and filled the hole left by the loss of Ellis. Yeah, Vanderjack0ff screwed up and should be shot--at this point Swisham is looking REALLY good, and he can bury a kickoff in the endzone--but the rest of the team played very well, despite the penalties, which seem to be improving. Romo looked good, B.O. actually acted the professional AND caught a couple critical passes, the offensive line didn't smell nearly as offensive as they have in recent games.

What I found funny is how close both teams were in the stats, overall. It did play out to be an excellent game, and came down to the final minutes with Manning choking on that last play.

A good day, overall. And gives us hope for a decent year. :cool: