PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference in heads?

charlie
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
My 99"L" heads And the heads off of a 4.6? Other than I have never heard of a mustang spitting out spark plugs.

And what does PI stand for, relating to the heads?

Thanks
Charlie

L8 APEX
10-25-2006, 09:57 PM
All 99-up heads are exactly the same heads and cams. The only diff is in late 03 they went from 4 spark plug threads to 7 threads. All PI heads chuck plugs I even fixed a 96 Cobra head last year.

wesman
10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
All 99-up heads are exactly the same heads and cams. The only diff is in late 03 they went from 4 spark plug threads to 7 threads. All PI heads chuck plugs I even fixed a 96 Cobra head last year.

Yep, ask Rocks about his ford Vans chunking plugs :hammer:

liteitup
10-26-2006, 05:26 AM
There are Windors and Romeos, they are interchangeable w/the exception of the cam covers. L's have Windsors, mustangs and other vehicles can have either.

PI, power improved

Beaudee
10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Yep, ask Rocks about his ford Vans chunking plugs :hammer:
I bet he was driven too.:D

Chris94L
10-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Other than I have never heard of a mustang spitting out spark plugs.

I have several friends that have popped the plugs out of their mustangs. I saw a mustang at a dealership that had caught fire because it popped a plug that was still firing with gas being pumped out of the cylinder by the piston.

wesman
10-26-2006, 10:42 AM
There are Windors and Romeos, they are interchangeable w/the exception of the cam covers. L's have Windsors, mustangs and other vehicles can have either.

PI, power improved

Yep, when I spit a plug I got a set of heads from a GT and it turned out I needed to change over the cams from my heads to those due to the timing notch not being on the Mustang head.

--wes