PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Blues

dboat
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I have been in Las Vegas since Sunday at a conference. While its always nice to get out of town for a few days, esp when its snowing at home. I realized today that this has me very sad.. I leave on Saturday morning and guess what... FREAKIN SEMA show is in town..
I have never been able to get tickets, plus the price of getting here and such for a show is another thing.. but dang, I would love to spend some hours in the show seeing all the GREAT STUFF that would be there... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Dana:(

wesman
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
So why not just stay ? It would be easy enough to get tickets from your hotel concierge

--wes

dboat
10-25-2006, 08:59 PM
So why not just stay ? It would be easy enough to get tickets from your hotel concierge

--wes

love to, but it starts on the 31st... cant stay that long:(

my2002lightning
10-26-2006, 01:54 AM
You'll live Dana! :tu: What have you checked out thus far? I love the Bellagio, New York, NY., Caesar's Palace, The Venetian, MGM and the Stratosphere.:beer::bowsThat elevator at the Stratosphere is one of the fastest I've ever ridden. Dang! :tu:

At Regan's wedding, the reception was at a pimpin' suite at the MGM on like the 20-30 something floor. Our suites were across the street at the NY, NY. That place rocks!knana

SEMA would be a heckuva' cool event to check out.:tu:

Ronald

Silver_2000
10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
:ron: :ron:
You'll live Dana! :tu: What have you checked out thus far? I love the Bellagio, New York, NY., Caesar's Palace, The Venetian, MGM and the Stratosphere.:beer::bowsThat elevator at the Stratosphere is one of the fastest I've ever ridden. Dang! :tu:

At Regan's wedding, the reception was at a pimpin' suite at the MGM on like the 20-30 something floor. Our suites were across the street at the NY, NY. That place rocks!knana

SEMA would be a heckuva' cool event to check out.:tu:

Ronald
:ron: :ron:

wesman
10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
love to, but it starts on the 31st... cant stay that long:(

Ahh....that sucks. I keep thinking it's the 31st since I have a couple of Halloween parties this weekend. Sucks you're gonna miss it, I saw it down in Daytona a few years ago.....talk about lemonade, and it was Spring Break to boot....sheessshhh:bows

dboat
10-27-2006, 07:24 AM
As I was on the monorail going by the Convention Center late yesterday, I was thinking that the SEMA show would make for a great Talon getaway. Catch a cheap flight to Vegas, go to the show, run around town... etc.. I would think we could get a handful of guys to go..

Dana

Silver_2000
10-27-2006, 08:05 AM
As I was on the monorail going by the Convention Center late yesterday, I was thinking that the SEMA show would make for a great Talon getaway. Catch a cheap flight to Vegas, go to the show, run around town... etc.. I would think we could get a handful of guys to go..

Dana

I get offered an invite most years - just dont get enough notice to get tickets and vacation lined up .... They are cracking down on attendees who dont work in the industry

dboat
10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I get offered an invite most years - just dont get enough notice to get tickets and vacation lined up .... They are cracking down on attendees who dont work in the industry

Since the dates are published in advance, we could make plans.. also, I can get some tickets from various sources. Lastly, the councierge at a lot of these hotels will get you in too... Since I have a timeshare here, we could stay in one of them and have access to the kitchen, washer/dryer, etc to save some money too.. esp if we stay at the one next to the Convention Ctr. Or the other one by the Flamingo.
Dana