PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Nitro

StormShadow
10-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone know anything about these new SUV? It is built on the Jeep Liberty platform but is supposed to have more room. They offer an R/T version but no SRT as of yet. The woman is interested in one so I am doing some research on them. Here are a few pictures.

http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/nitro/enlarge_4.jpg

http://www.dodge.com/gallery/img/nitro/enlarge_12.jpg

gbgary
10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
kinda cool from the front. i'd have to see it's backside and profile to give a real opinion. for the urban-assault-vehicle-look i'd wait for the bronco (if they make it). i saw something else (on "rides" i think), that was really cool, along the same lines. it had shields that came down to cover the windows when it was parked.

FRDRCING
10-27-2006, 10:49 PM
I saw one at the coffee shop lastweekend. Not a Bad looking vehicale

my2002lightning
10-27-2006, 11:03 PM
My '05 Liberty Limited 3.7L has been very reliable. Not that much get-up-and-go in traffic, but you can maneuver like crazy during daily errands about town.

Sharp looking little Jeeper. :tu:

Ronald

Sixpipes
10-27-2006, 11:33 PM
After a couple of company cars (including the current Magnum), no way I can get excited about any D-O-D-G-E no matter what it looks like. They make some nice stuff, but their cheap stuff is so far below the acceptable quality level, it still amazes me that Daimler-Chrysler allows it. :cool:

Tex Arcana
10-28-2006, 11:57 PM
The Liberty isn't the most comfortable vehicle around, too-stiff suspension, and poor utilization of the space it has. Our Mariner (Escape-clone) has more overall and useful room than they do.

StormShadow
10-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Speed channel is doing a test drive on it today at 10:30 so I guess I'll find out more then. It is an extended wheelbase Jeep Liberty platform so I heard.

Mark #2
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Speed channel is doing a test drive on it today at 10:30 so I guess I'll find out more then. It is an extended wheelbase Jeep Liberty platform so I heard.

Watched that show too this morning, they hard a pretty good opinion of it. Kind of sold it as a girl's car in the end.

gbgary
10-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Watched that show too this morning, they hard a pretty good opinion of it. Kind of sold it as a girl's car in the end.

girls aren't going to like it......it's not cute.

Mark #2
10-29-2006, 05:21 PM
girls aren't going to like it......it's not cute.
:D just saw the commercial
"It isn't fuzzy wuzzy, It's not cute"

StormShadow
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM

During the whole show they sold it as a 20-late 30's guys SUV because of the styling and the gadgets. I missed the very last. I was trying to watch two shows at once and forgot to click back over after the commercial. This wouldnt be a SUV for me though. Kim is wanting one so I told her if she gets one she has to get the R/T unless they make a SRT in which case she will have to get that one.