PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the things I need?

charlie
10-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I got my block and most of the stuff I need.

I prefer not to buy from Ford dealer.

Things I need next.

ARP head bolts, rod and main bearing bolts.
A good set of head gaskets. Prefer a rebuild gasket kit.
Main bearings and rod bearings. stock size.

Everything I find is for a 4.6. Nothing listed for a 5.4 (or is it the same?)

Thanks
Charlie

liteitup
10-29-2006, 03:45 PM
if memory serves, it's all the same on the items you listed. I got the ARP stuff from Summitt or Jegs, the gaskets from a dealer connection, and the bearings from the place i bought the rods and pistons.

PoorSvtman
10-29-2006, 03:58 PM
i have alot of the updated ford parts from when i rebuilt my motor ill dig them up. If you need help getting the parts my ford guy is awsome

charlie
10-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I hope your awesome Ford guy is better than mine. They want $250.00 Just for the gaskets for the pan and top end (not including head set).

liteitup.... If the ARP bolts are the same as the 4.6, I found them.
Where did you get you rods and pistons from?

I found this for most of the gaskets. But I was wondering about them. the pic's they show are not the same as what they are saying they are.
Timing set is a good example. (on the left side of the screen)

http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/wizard.jsp?year=2000&make=FO&model=F150-LIGHTNING-002&part=Engine%20Gasket%20Set&dp=true

Charlie

Silver_2000
10-29-2006, 05:08 PM
fordpartsonline.com is a dealer from Sherman TX that has good prices and good service
Cheap shipping

liteitup
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.adperformance.com/ I talked to Brian. At the time, they were the best deal I could find, no idea if that's still the case. Be forewarned though, if you purchase from him do NOT be in a hurry!
Also, there are 5.4 specific off the shelf pistons available now....or at least they're supposed to be.
Without going out and looking, I'm guessing that the front cover gasket(s) are 5.4 specific, due to the increased deck height. I know the covers are different.