PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler reservoir

tiffo60
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I found this earlier and it looks pretty tight, a guy on nloc has one i bet it will hold a crap load of water and ice

http://www.pfabrication.com/lightningrace.html

http://www.pfabrication.com/images/ll3.jpg

SIL02SVT
10-31-2006, 04:31 PM
I found this earlier and it looks pretty tight, a guy on nloc has one i bet it will hold a crap load of water and ice

http://www.pfabrication.com/lightningrace.html

http://www.pfabrication.com/images/ll3.jpg
Cool how much does he want for one of those?

wesman
10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I've been talking to him about it. I've already got a big one in the bed, I want one like we talked about with the IC and the washer fluid and relocate the battery to the rear. I'd also like to get one for the overflow tank.

I know a Al welder, he did up some Koyo radiators for me a few years ago. I wonder if he can make these for a decent price. Maybe I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks.

--wes

tiffo60
10-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I've been talking to him about it. I've already got a big one in the bed, I want one like we talked about with the IC and the washer fluid and relocate the battery to the rear. I'd also like to get one for the overflow tank.

I know a Al welder, he did up some Koyo radiators for me a few years ago. I wonder if he can make these for a decent price. Maybe I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks.

--wes

let me know:tu:

04SVTRACING
10-31-2006, 05:32 PM
That looks nice. They need to make one that is split inside for the washer fuild that way you don't loose the windshield washers.

tiffo60
10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
That looks nice. They need to make one that is split inside for the washer fuild that way you don't loose the windshield washers.

washer fluid is over rated:d

04SVTRACING
10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Thats true....but sometimes you need it.

wesman
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM

There are a few out there. That's the setup I want as well. I might even go with the Aluminum normal size IC that goes where the washer fluid goes, and then get something made that can serve as overflow tank/washer fluid holder and place it where the battery goes. That way I can eliminate that ugly overflow tank on the right side of the engine bay as well.

--wes

04SVTRACING
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Thats good idea. Let me know if you find one like that or get one made up. I might have to get one as well.

PoorSvtman
10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Thats good idea. Let me know if you find one like that or get one made up. I might have to get one as well.

jdm or jlp has a al tank that also serves as the windshield washer tank in the ic tank

BC Lightning
10-31-2006, 10:26 PM
There are a few out there. That's the setup I want as well. I might even go with the Aluminum normal size IC that goes where the washer fluid goes, and then get something made that can serve as overflow tank/washer fluid holder and place it where the battery goes. That way I can eliminate that ugly overflow tank on the right side of the engine bay as well.

--wes

the JLP street kit has the split for washer fluid and I/C fluid

L8 APEX
10-31-2006, 11:01 PM
I like the bed cooler since it keeps the IC fluid seperate from the ice water. That is better for anti corrosion long term of the IC components and not having to handle antifreeze etc each use. I also like holding a 20lb bag of ice each time that is a lot of ice. Keeping all of that weight behind the cab is another plus. Adding weight to the front fender is counter productive. The bare alum boxes could possibly make a considerable amount of condensation which could drip water the track or tires. I have seen corrosion in cores and pumps from running straight water for extended periods.

wesman
11-01-2006, 01:02 AM
the JLP street kit has the split for washer fluid and I/C fluid

Yeah, I'm familiar with that one. What I want to do is get rid of that overflow tank on the right side as well. I figure get the regular IC one like Tiff has perhaps and then get a smaller one for overflow/washer fluid.

Who knows, just a thought for now...soo many other toy projects have sprung up.

--wes

Highlander540
11-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I like the bed cooler since it keeps the IC fluid seperate from the ice water. That is better for anti corrosion long term of the IC components and not having to handle antifreeze etc each use. I also like holding a 20lb bag of ice each time that is a lot of ice. Keeping all of that weight behind the cab is another plus. Adding weight to the front fender is counter productive. The bare alum boxes could possibly make a considerable amount of condensation which could drip water the track or tires. I have seen corrosion in cores and pumps from running straight water for extended periods.

You may remember I am running the JLP cooler in the front. It is the one with the coils, to keep the ice seperate from the i/c fluid.

I was thinking of removing it and running the bigger unit in the back.
Is JLP the only choice?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Is the stock i/c pump strong enough?
Do you fit a shut off to stop the fluid flow to the rear when not racing?

Just trying to work out if its a worthwhile upgrade. :beer:

tiffo60
11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
You may remember I am running the JLP cooler in the front. It is the one with the coils, to keep the ice seperate from the i/c fluid.

I was thinking of removing it and running the bigger unit in the back.
Is JLP the only choice?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Is the stock i/c pump strong enough?
Do you fit a shut off to stop the fluid flow to the rear when not racing?

Just trying to work out if its a worthwhile upgrade. :beer:

wesman runs that one in the bed and i felt his resivour after a pass and it was still cold and his pump seems to keep up just fine, so i say its worth while