PDA

View Full Version : Thiefs strike again

Ohmsby
11-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I fished this weekend on Lake Palestine in a Tournament on Saturday we stayed Friday night I left Saturday afternoon and four of my friends stayed Saturday night with the intent of doing some more fishing on Sunday.

About 2:00 A.M. two thiefs were cought stealing rods and bait out of one of the boats not five feet from the RV Made off with over $3000.00 worth of rods and equipment. :flaming:

I have fished all over the south and this is the first time we have been robbed. Is it just me or is this problem getting worse.

tiffo60
11-02-2006, 10:54 AM
I fished this weekend on Lake Palestine in a Tournament on Saturday we stayed Friday night I left Saturday afternoon and four of my friends stayed Saturday night with the intent of doing some more fishing on Sunday.

About 2:00 A.M. two thiefs were cought stealing rods and bait out of one of the boats not five feet from the RV Made off with over $3000.00 worth of rods and equipment. :flaming:

I have fished all over the south and this is the first time we have been robbed. Is it just me or is this problem getting worse.

yeah that sucks, we got hit at brownwood when we were staying at some cabins, 4 boats, took every rod we had:flaming:

WA 2 FST
11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Did they get caught, or did they get away with it? Your post is confusing in that regard. Nevertheless, it points to the problem getting worse. Sorry to hear about that.

SVTJoseCuervo
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
they broke in to my girls car about 2 months ago and stole her radio and some money that was in the car.....since then...i always get up 2-3-4 times from 2-5am to see if i can spot any car or anyone around here...cant wait for someone to **** up and come again :D

Ohmsby
11-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Did they get caught, or did they get away with it? Your post is confusing in that regard. Nevertheless, it points to the problem getting worse. Sorry to hear about that.

They did not get caught but were caught in the act. The thiefs ran to someone waiting in a pickup several hundred yards away and sped away. They did drop some merchandise along the way so a $400 rain suit and one reel were recovered.

I hate to say it but I am going to put a camera system on the house. We have them installed in the McD's we build and they are pretty sophisticated it may not stop someone but at least we will have their picture.

99WhiteBeast
11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
That sucks John. I grew up in that general area and we have seen it declining in recent years.
There is also several of the states prisons it that area as well.

tiffo60
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
They did not get caught but were caught in the act. The thiefs ran to someone waiting in a pickup several hundred yards away and sped away. They did drop some merchandise along the way so a $400 rain suit and one reel were recovered.

I hate to say it but I am going to put a camera system on the house. We have them installed in the McD's we build and they are pretty sophisticated it may not stop someone but at least we will have their picture.

we started pulling out our tackle and rods and putting them in the hotel rooms with us, its a pain but you get to fish the next day, and also leave the rod boxes unlocked so they dont break them justn to find out there's nothing in them

Ohmsby
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Steve you probably know the villages marina we were all the way out on the end of the jetty it takes some balls to rob someone down there.

I think I will just tie a pit bull to each pedestal seat. Who knows maybe they are handy with a net. :D

Beaudee
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Next time try the old fishin box locked with about 30 lbs of rocks.:rll: