PDA

View Full Version : Chirp/Squeak

SIL02SVT
11-09-2006, 02:10 PM
When i'm driving at about 40mph and accelarate mildly i get a chirping noise from under the hood and its loud i can hear it over the whine of the S/C'er has anyone else experienced this or is it just belt whine? Let me know please.

WA 2 FST
11-09-2006, 02:33 PM
When i'm driving at about 40mph and accelarate mildly i get a chirping noise from under the hood and its loud i can hear it over the whine of the S/C'er has anyone else experienced this or is it just belt whine? Let me know please.

An educated guess based on experiences with blowers on other vehicles would be an idler or tensioner pulley. This would typically be engine rpm specific, though.

SIL02SVT
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
So... is it something that needs to be fixed fast as in warranty work or do i need to do it.

TXLIGHTNING
11-09-2006, 03:27 PM
So... is it something that needs to be fixed fast as in warranty work or do i need to do it.Its something I would have checked out. Its not supposed to make that noise.

coors2003
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
do you have the a/c on when it does it? i have some fords here at work that do it. try turning off the a/c and see if it still does it:tu:

SIL02SVT
11-09-2006, 04:07 PM
do you have the a/c on when it does it? i have some fords here at work that do it. try turning off the a/c and see if it still does it:tu:
Na its a beautiful day outside i was just riding with my windows down and when i was getting onto the highway i accelerated from about 40 to 60 mildly and could hear it so after hearing it i got on it a bit just thinking it was a belt whining or something but it didn't subside... So i had to goto another job and when i started it back up i opened my hood and revved it alittle from under the hood and it did nothing then on the way back to my office it was quite as a mouse i don't know whats going on... So i called my dealer and was about to bring it to them but me being a computer tech i know they can't do anything about it until i can reduplicate the error or noise.