PDA

View Full Version : now they are adding tolls to 75 as well ?

Silver_2000
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Geesh

When will it stop ?

from yahoo news videos

Tex Arcana
11-19-2006, 12:47 AM
What. The. Fock???

Link? Someone has GOT to stop this, you can't just toll EVERY major highway and expect to get away with it. :hammer:

dboat
11-19-2006, 06:58 AM
What. The. Fock???

Link? Someone has GOT to stop this, you can't just toll EVERY major highway and expect to get away with it. :hammer:

sure you can.. what do you think you are going to do, vote people out of office.. this is how you avoid state income taxes..

or you could be like New York. If I drive I-90 thru NY, its a tool (er toll) road.

Dana

David N
11-19-2006, 01:09 PM
NTTA just went up in all the tolls around here as well..

Tex Arcana
11-19-2006, 04:04 PM
sure you can.. what do you think you are going to do, vote people out of office.. this is how you avoid state income taxes..

or you could be like New York. If I drive I-90 thru NY, its a tool (er toll) road.

Dana

Oh, I forgot, this isn't a democracy anymore... :hammer:

Toll roads are fine, if they're done in moderation (like everything else in this world): if, say, here, they alternate them back and forth, and keep at least half the major thoroughfares free, then everyone has an alternative. But if you toll ALL highways, you end up with the majority of people using surface streets to get anywhere, which will make traffic even worse than it already is.

NY, Pennsylvania, etc, all have alternatives to toll roads that parallel the toll roads themselves.

Silver_2000
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh, I forgot, this isn't a democracy anymore... :hammer:

Toll roads are fine, if they're done in moderation (like everything else in this world): if, say, here, they alternate them back and forth, and keep at least half the major thoroughfares free, then everyone has an alternative. But if you toll ALL highways, you end up with the majority of people using surface streets to get anywhere, which will make traffic even worse than it already is.

NY, Pennsylvania, etc, all have alternatives to toll roads that parallel the toll roads themselves.

There is no road that parrallels the thruway in NY - in the north is out in the country - nothing around - there are ways to travel the same way

rt 31 goes essentially the same way about 15 miles north of 90 but it only goes about 100 miles same with 5 and 20 to the south - essentially follows the direction but doesnt run from West border to Albany like the thruway does

Doug

03LightningRocks
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I would rather have tolls on certain roads than the alternative. If there is a need for more revenue to maintain or build new highways, either taxes are going up or they can charge tolls. Charging a toll puts the expense of the road right where it belongs. On the people that benefit from the road.

Tex Arcana
11-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I would rather have tolls on certain roads than the alternative. If there is a need for more revenue to maintain or build new highways, either taxes are going up or they can charge tolls. Charging a toll puts the expense of the road right where it belongs. On the people that benefit from the road.

I heard something interesting regarding that: that 121 did NOT have to be toll, because the state/feds had enough money available to widen it properly; that LEWISVILLE decided that the only way they were going to allow widening, they would HAVE to toll 121 AND give the funds to Lewisville--which, to me, is pure-assed extortion, and they should be shot for it. :hammer: