View Full Version : MIA from Talon Fall Classic thread - Rescheduled

99WhiteBeast
11-25-2006, 08:18 PM
TALON Fall Classic V
Rescheduled for December 10
(due to weather conditions)

Please help get the word out.
Same everything just a week later...

There sure is a bunch of people that have made past events or that normally race missing from the thread for the Fall Classic coming up Sunday Dec 3rd. I'm sure there is a few more MIA that I can't think of right now.
Stormshadow (Adam)
Jacob (jcblack)
Michael (True Blue Aggie)
Mike (PoorSVTman)
Tom (tliss)
Wes (WA 2 FAST)
Brook (Lysin)
Lee (whitelightning02)
Tony (04SVTRACING)

This would be a great opportunity for the younger guys (whippersnappers) or first time racers to come out and have fun with the club. There will plenty of old school guys to offer advice;)

StormShadow
11-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I plan on making it.

Lyfisin
11-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Egads! I've been noticed!

Oh wait. You were talking about younger guys, first time racers and a handle of Lysin.

None of those are me. :)

True Blue Aggie
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Its on my radar....

whitelightning'02
11-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Can't make it this year. We have Christmas Magic going on here on the 2nd. If we had it in Hallsville, I could probably make it as it would only be an hour drive. Maybe Next year....:( Didn't the old owners of the Hallsville Dragway open a track in Shreveport?

I hope y'all have a great time, though. I'll miss being there. :beer:

L-Fever
11-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Lee, You could always bring your Mother-in-law to help you navigate and to keep you company!...hehehe..:rll:

WA 2 FST
11-26-2006, 02:58 PM
It's on my calendar. I am just not sure if I can make it. I will certainly post up if I can! Thanks for thinking of me, Steve.:)

whitelightning'02
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Lee, You could always bring your Mother-in-law to help you navigate and to keep you company!...hehehe..:rll:

:Bullshit :throw: :flaming: :evil

L-Fever
11-26-2006, 09:23 PM
:Bullshit :throw: :flaming: :evil

:rll::evil

PoorSvtman
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
i more than likely wont be there... if i do i wont be racing...

Alpine
11-27-2006, 05:58 PM
if i do i wont be racing...:rolleyes: you never do. Lets see what that built motor you did can do.

PoorSvtman
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
i just never race at the fall classic... I dont have slicks or need to go pick up my tbars from jeremey... so no point in even trying. I have taken it to kennedale a few times I know what it will do on street tires. So not worth my time or money. Dont tell me to buy the slicks that are for sale. Its xmas time, over the past 6 years im not broke so its time to have a good xmas for my loved ones.

That and bracket racing is boring as hell in my eyes. I dont want to see who can get the most consistent time. Thats why i stick to street racing. Yes its illegal but more fun cause your seeing who is actualy faster...

my2002lightning
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I plan on haulin' down from Tulsa to make it. knana

wesman
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
i just never race at the fall classic... I dont have slicks or need to go pick up my tbars from jeremey... so no point in even trying. I have taken it to kennedale a few times I know what it will do on street tires. So not worth my time or money. Dont tell me to buy the slicks that are for sale. Its xmas time, over the past 6 years im not broke so its time to have a good xmas for my loved ones.

That and bracket racing is boring as hell in my eyes. I dont want to see who can get the most consistent time. Thats why i stick to street racing. Yes its illegal but more fun cause your seeing who is actualy faster...

Does your sh!t even work???? I'm beginning to believe the built truck is a myth like the Loch Ness Monster.:evil

--wes

BC Lightning
11-28-2006, 04:34 AM
Does your sh!t even work???? I'm beginning to believe the built truck is a myth like the Loch Ness Monster.:evil

--wes

more like big foot, or UFO's :tex

03LightningRocks
11-28-2006, 01:29 PM
snip..........

Spoken like a guy who doesn't know sh!t about drag racing.

PoorSvtman
11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Spoken like a guy who doesn't know sh!t about drag racing.

Given i dont know it all about bracket racing... but never have enjoyed it... i have and always will be a street racer.. Less rules haha. That and everytime im at the track all i hear about is people complaining about somebody else or what the track officials do...

PoorSvtman
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM

--wes

It dose run.. just never drive it cause it realy dosent interest me anymore. Im always in your part of arlington might stop by one day.

The Lightning might be going to another person possibly as well. I have been made some offers and trades that are tempting. And no truck payment would be realy nice..

wesman
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
It dose run.. just never drive it cause it realy dosent interest me anymore. Im always in your part of arlington might stop by one day.

The Lightning might be going to another person possibly as well. I have been made some offers and trades that are tempting. And no truck payment would be realy nice..

May as well take it out for one last hoorah to the TFC if you're planning on gettting rid of it.

What are you planning on next?

--wes

PoorSvtman
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
anything with out a payment lol....

Not even going to bother posting what i might trade it for since all i get is crap. But put it this way, i wil be able to tow your L if you find a trailer....:d

02BOLT
11-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, looks like I'm out for the TFC. My dad had open heart surgery(triple bypass) this morning down here in Bryan. This was completely unexpected, but good that it was caught prior to him having had a heart attack. I'm in Bryan until it is clear that all systems are go, and my mom is O.K. to deal with this without my help. On a good note, the surgery was a success, and the docs expect a full recovery in due time.

You fellas be careful on the drive up and back. Goodluck on some new PB's and have fun.

Later,
Rob

WA 2 FST
11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Rob,

Glad to hear your dad is going to be ok. He'll feel like a new man in a couple of months after recovering. Take care of yourself and your mom.

wesman
11-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Rob,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, glad all is well. We'll miss you up there, you're always a good time but I bet your family would miss you more.

Godspeed to you and yours :tu:

--wes

Well, looks like I'm out for the TFC. My dad had open heart surgery(triple bypass) this morning down here in Bryan. This was completely unexpected, but good that it was caught prior to him having had a heart attack. I'm in Bryan until it is clear that all systems are go, and my mom is O.K. to deal with this without my help. On a good note, the surgery was a success, and the docs expect a full recovery in due time.

You fellas be careful on the drive up and back. Goodluck on some new PB's and have fun.

Later,
Rob

L-Fever
11-29-2006, 08:36 AM

Later,
Rob

Rob, We wish your dad a speedy recovery!

99WhiteBeast
11-29-2006, 08:46 AM

Later,
Rob

Wow what a scare. Glad 'big bob' is OK. You need to be there for your mom.
Best wishes to your Dad for a speedy recovery

Silver_2000
11-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Family comes first

We will be thinking about your Dad this weekend ...

Doug

Nuhklz
11-29-2006, 09:33 AM

Later,
Rob

Been there, done that. It's been a little over two years for me and I feel great!

Give your Dad my best and good luck :tu:

REXRENEGADE
11-29-2006, 01:44 PM
God Bless Big Rob.
Hope everything works out.

my2002lightning
11-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Rob,

I hope your Father is doing much better and has a speedy recovery. :) I also hope you, your wife and child are fine as that is certainly a blessing.

I maybe out this weekend for the TFC due to recent events.:cool: The weather is another consideration.

Take care,

Ronald

StormShadow
11-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Family comes first

We will be thinking about your Dad this weekend ...

Doug

+1

02BOLT
11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Dad is recuperating, and doing better by the day. He still has a tough row to hoe, but he's headed in the right direction. Thanks again.

Rob

FRDRCING
11-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Good to hear your dad is doing better. Like doug said Family is First thing.

Highlander540
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Dad is recuperating, and doing better by the day. He still has a tough row to hoe, but he's headed in the right direction. Thanks again.

Rob

Sorry to hear about this:( Just wanted to send you and your family our best wishes. I bet your Dad will be a new man after her recovers.

Sixpipes
12-01-2006, 02:04 PM
TALON Fall Classic V

Rob - Hope your dad is doing well. You might need those slicks after all. :D

99WhiteBeast
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM
TALON Fall Classic V

I'll call Curtis- I think he was headed to OK earlier to arrange the BBQ

TP Derrick D
12-01-2006, 02:13 PM
TALON Fall Classic V

Cool Sixer, I was really unsure about going since it was going to be cold,hope its better next weekend since i missed FFW-Ennis this year I wanted to get one event in before i pack it in for winter.
Rob,glad your dad is OK, I went through the same thing with my mom in '98 and she if fine so I'm postive your dad will be also.

Sixpipes
12-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I'll call Curtis- I think he was headed to OK earlier to arrange the BBQ

I've already sent Curtis a PM so if you can call that would be much better. Thanks. :tu:

Dennis