PDA

View Full Version : time to winterize the trucks!!

tiffo60
11-27-2006, 10:26 PM
were expecting to get some high 20 temps weds and thurs, heads up for those running straight water and water wetter in there intercoolers, i have to change mine tommorow:tu:

L8 APEX
11-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Good post, all the straight water guys should pour in a few cups of anitfreeze for the winter months.:tu:

dboat
11-28-2006, 04:17 AM
On Friday, My L comes off of the street and into the garage for 3 months. We are expecting rain and snow on Fri with snow on the weekend.. going from highs in the low 60's to highs in the low 30's starting next week.. Yes, winter is arriving now for those of us in Erie, PA.. now to start driving the winter beater for at least a 3-4 month period. :vomit:
At least it will give me time to take my time to get a few things done to the truck.
Dana

BC Lightning
11-28-2006, 04:20 AM
havent driven my truck in a month, so I shouldnt be effected

Tex Arcana
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I was perusing my copy of Grassroots Motorsports, and stubled on an ad for Evans NPG+ waterless coolant, www.evanscooling.com. So far, most of the googling I've done produces alot of positive things about the stuff, especially in the area of improved heat transfer and elimination of any sort of boiling.

Anyone ever try this on our trucks?

PoorSvtman
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Yea i changed mine out the other day

let the ice come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!knana BIGGER CHECKS FOR ME.

If it dose rain and it starts to sleet. Anyone in the ftworth area need real road conditions text if you have the number. Ill be out there sanding

tiffo60
11-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Yea i changed mine out the other day

let the ice come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!knana BIGGER CHECKS FOR ME.

If it dose rain and it starts to sleet. Anyone in the ftworth area need real road conditions text if you have the number. Ill be out there sanding

sand sucks, it will be on the road for months :hammer:

my2002lightning
11-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Sand is nothing - salt is way worse.:cool:

sand sucks, it will be on the road for months :hammer:

tiffo60
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
well if it gets icey thursday i will be out in the cummins with the chains making some extra christmas money so if anyone gets into a jam hit me up:D

PoorSvtman
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
well if it gets icey thursday i will be out in the cummins with the chains make some extra christmas money so if anyone get into a jam hit me up:D

The sand we put out has salt mixed into it...

But im working i30 from summit to 183 and other areas...