PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here modified an Xbox?

98Cobra
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
If so, would you be willing to do mine? I am a little nervous about sautering it myself.

tiffo60
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
what does this accomplish?

Shiner1
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
what does this accomplish?

I have to ask that question myself..

wesman
11-28-2006, 05:38 PM
What do you mean by modify?

I have two that I modded to use with a 1.5Tb Terraserver for movies, music, pictures etc.

It still functions as a DVD Player, plays games etc....can also store the games themselves on the server or the HD in the Xbox for play without the CD/DVD(not all of them will work like this)

--wes

wesman
11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
BTW- Mine is a software/firmware only mod. I do not modify the hardware at all. It can also be undone in a short amount of time to restore it to the original configuration.

--wes

TXLIGHTNING
11-28-2006, 06:24 PM
He's talking about the mod for saving the games to the hard drive. The mod does much more as well. You have to solder in a chip to the board of the XBox. I knew a guy that did my brother in laws XBox but I haven't seen him in some time.

wesman
11-28-2006, 06:47 PM
He's talking about the mod for saving the games to the hard drive. The mod does much more as well. You have to solder in a chip to the board of the XBox. I knew a guy that did my brother in laws XBox but I haven't seen him in some time.

Ah....cool.

Just FYI, there is a software mod to do it as well. I changed no hardware on mine and have the ability to save games and pretty much anything I want to the Xbox harddrive.

I'm not sure how to do just that portion of the software mods as I did everything for the server and all at once.

--wes

Tex Arcana
11-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Ah....cool.

Just FYI, there is a software mod to do it as well. I changed no hardware on mine and have the ability to save games and pretty much anything I want to the Xbox harddrive.

I'm not sure how to do just that portion of the software mods as I did everything for the server and all at once.

--wes

^^^He speaks truth. Google will get you all the info you need; last I heard all it takes is a BIOS reflash. But I'd talk to Wes first for sure.

SVTJoseCuervo
11-29-2006, 01:56 AM
look on craigslist.net?

some ppl would do it for a couple of bucks..not sure how much..or if thats what you are looking for

98Cobra
11-29-2006, 02:13 AM
Yea, I was going to give it a shot, but I figured I would see if there were any experts at the hardware mod in the house. I want to run the media center stuff on it (Linux) so I can watch downloaded TV eps, etc.

wesman
11-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Yea, I was going to give it a shot, but I figured I would see if there were any experts at the hardware mod in the house. I want to run the media center stuff on it (Linux) so I can watch downloaded TV eps, etc.

If you lived closer I'd give you a run through of what mine can do. Maybe you can make it for a B-day bash next week that we seem to be planning. Who knows......I'd be happy to show you what it's capable of the way I have it tho.

--wes