PDA

View Full Version : L spotted spinning out

tiffo60
11-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Tony called me and said he saw a DSG spin out around the aledo area but didnt hit anything luckly, he said it was lowered and had a Talon sticker on it so whos the lucky one?:evil

SVTJoseCuervo
11-30-2006, 11:15 AM
haha it was not me;)

Ohmsby
11-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Tony called me and said he saw a DSG spin out around the aledo area but didnt hit anything luckly, he said it was lowered and had a Talon sticker on it so whos the lucky one?:evil

Not me. Mine is in the back of the warehouse covered up :D . If you see a leaky 1 ton Dodge it may be me

Sixpipes
11-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Maybe Adam? :cool:

tiffo60
11-30-2006, 11:32 AM

that what i was thinking but hes has auxillary transportation so i dont know why he would be in his truck

WA 2 FST
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
These are the types of days when I'm very thankful to have a beater. The L and the Z06 are under wraps til the rain goes away and the sun comes back out.

wesman
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM

:rll: :rll: Adams not allowed to drive his truck anymore :hammer:

Isn't Larrys DSG?

--wes

04SVTRACING
11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
It was a DSG probably 03-04 lowered with a Harley Davidson Hitch Plug. The sticker was the outline of the Talon sticker with no color. I was gonna stop and make sure everything was ok, but he get it back under controol and got back on the highway.

Mika
11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
*sigh* It was me. Dammit to hell. I was going about 60, and I caught a patch of black ice. Tried keeping it straight(not overcompensating), but no such luck. I'm glad that nobody was around me. I'm ok, ego bruised a bit, but ok:).

Mika

P.S. Shoulda called in today;)

Silver_2000
11-30-2006, 02:59 PM
glad you and the truck are ok

I stayed home
VPN is great

Lyfisin
11-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Same here.

Glad you are ok.
Stayed Home.
VPN is great!

wesman
11-30-2006, 03:41 PM
*sigh* It was me. Dammit to hell. I was going about 60, and I caught a patch of black ice. Tried keeping it straight(not overcompensating), but no such luck. I'm glad that nobody was around me. I'm ok, ego bruised a bit, but ok:).

Mika

Glad everything is ok.

I had a near miss with the Viper the other dy on the wet roads....I try to stay out of inclement weather as much as possible.

--wes

Tex Arcana
11-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Mika

Dude!! WTF is wrong with you?? Drive the BEATER on a day like today!

Hell, I bailed out of my acupuncture appt, because I just *knew* some idiot would smack me. :hammer:

BTW, did you have some ballast back in the bed??

TXLIGHTNING
11-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Glad it didnt turn out worse. :beer:

Mika
11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Dude!! WTF is wrong with you?? Drive the BEATER on a day like today!

Hell, I bailed out of my acupuncture appt, because I just *knew* some idiot would smack me. :hammer:

BTW, did you have some ballast back in the bed??

I figured you'd chime in:D . The L is my daily driver nowadays, as a guy from Arkansas came and picked it up from me on Tuesday.

It doesn't help that I don't have any weight in the back, and my rears are about 3/32".

I'm glad that I learned how to drive with minimal traction. I seriously think its the only thing that saved me(that and someone looking out for me).

Mika(the idiot that luckily didn't smack into anybody)

StormShadow
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
:rll: :rll: Adams not allowed to drive his truck anymore :hammer:

Isn't Larrys DSG?

--wes

Happy to report that it wasn't me but Thanks for the concern. Also happy to report to you Wes that I infact drove my truck to the store today (without permission ....shhhh don't tell) and got some dog food. How's your truck running?

wesman
11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Happy to report that it wasn't me but Thanks for the concern. Also happy to report to you Wes that I infact drove my truck to the store today (without permission ....shhhh don't tell) and got some dog food. How's your truck running?

lol...j/k man. Don't see you much around here anymore so I figure I'll throw your name out and get you involved :beer:

The truck is in the shop for upgrades....you should see it Sunday if you make it up to OK.

We're talking about heading up Sat sometime and chilling at a hotel and then making it to the track when everyone else rolls in.

Let me know what you guys plan on doing.

--wes

StormShadow
11-30-2006, 06:50 PM
lol...j/k man. Don't see you much around here anymore so I figure I'll throw your name out and get you involved :beer:

The truck is in the shop for upgrades....you should see it Sunday if you make it up to OK.

We're talking about heading up Sat sometime and chilling at a hotel and then making it to the track when everyone else rolls in.

Let me know what you guys plan on doing.

--wes

Yea I don't get very much computer time anymore. I have my hands full with the puppies. If I turn my back on them for 5 minutes either something gets chewed on or pissed on.

04SVTRACING
11-30-2006, 07:19 PM

Mika

Well I was in the Four Door Nissan Frontier that you passed. My mom and G/F were in the truck with. My mom said see he is able to drive just fine in this weather in his L. About five or ten seconds later, I said, mom look his spinning out. While you were in mid-spin, I thought, OH SH*T, cause were you went thru the grass there was once a guard rail. I was gonna stop and make sure you weren't stuck to the seat, but you got it back. Then started on your way.

Glad you and the truck are ok though.

Mika
11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Well I was in the Four Door Nissan Frontier that you passed. My mom and G/F were in the truck with. My mom said see he is able to drive just fine in this weather in his L. About five or ten seconds later, I said, mom look his spinning out. While you were in mid-spin, I thought, OH SH*T, cause were you went thru the grass there was once a guard rail. I was gonna stop and make sure you weren't stuck to the seat, but you got it back. Then started on your way.

Glad you and the truck are ok though.

Yeah, I just tried to countersteer it back onto the road, and take it from there. Luckily, there was zero traffic behind me. I appreciate your gesture though. Yeah, I definitely had some clamping down of the seat with my @$$:D. I just gotta take it easy in this weather, especially with my tires(no excuses for stupid driving).

Mika

dboat
11-30-2006, 09:28 PM

Mika

Mika,
I am glad to hear you are ok... I'd hate to think I would lose a F1 fan..

Dana

Mika
11-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Mika,
I am glad to hear you are ok... I'd hate to think I would lose a F1 fan..

Dana

It'd take a little more than a fender bender to take me out;). First time I've ever lost control in ice. I've hydroplaned a few times, and that's nothing compared to black ice. Black ice=lost cause if you're going too fast. At least when you're hydroplaning, you can back off the gas a bit and *sometimes* regain control.

Mika

my2002lightning
11-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Mika,

Glad you're alright, too. I was almost rear-ended in the Liberty today on 121 between Frisco and McKinney. That HVAC van was running up on me fast and getting on the whoa-pedal and braking just in time.:eek2: I thought I saw something like Plano Heat and Air on the side with some old, white-haired crazy-b#stard behind the wheel. :tongue:

Saw two major accidents on the way back.:( They didn't look good - hope they were alright. Certainly glad to have a daily-driver in these situations with the L back at the house.

It's one of the most "uneasy" feelings losing - even momentarily - control of your vehicle on ice.

Be careful out there.

Ronald

coors2003
12-01-2006, 09:28 AM
my L is a beater and it stayed in the driveway, i drove a forsale taurus instead! although i drove my L to work today with no problems!!!:d

Tex Arcana
12-01-2006, 11:36 PM
It'd take a little more than a fender bender to take me out;). First time I've ever lost control in ice. I've hydroplaned a few times, and that's nothing compared to black ice. Black ice=lost cause if you're going too fast. At least when you're hydroplaning, you can back off the gas a bit and *sometimes* regain control.

Mika

The key to black ice, besides keeping the speed down, is to not overreact when you feel the traction go.

BMW holds a winter driving school on the Yukon river, and they discovered a neat little trick that actually works: if you're on ice, and you realize you're sliding and headed toward something or someone, in a situation where antilock isn't going to save you (they won't stop you in time), you pick the direction you want to go and turn the wheels that direction, and stand on the brakes (pump twice to disable antilock); and, just before you hit, let off the brakes. The sliding tires will have heated up just a little bit, enough so that as soon as you let off the brakes, they "grab" the ice and you go the direction the wheels go. It actually works. :cool: