PDA

View Full Version : P0068 code???

WA 2 FST
12-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Terry or anyone else,

What is this code? I looked it up in my OBD-II scanner book and it doesn't show it (shows 0067 and 0070, but no "68"). The truck seems to run fine and it just came on this morning. I erased it, and we'll see if it comes back (probably will).

Thanks.

L-Fever
12-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I found this Wes, it may help some:

P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

I don't know what to check, maybe your tps voltage?

03LightningRocks
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I found this Wes, it may help some:

P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

I don't know what to check, maybe your tps voltage?

Yep.........and Sal just answered you on F150 online. Maybe he can give you some info on what to do next.

L-Fever
12-02-2006, 12:38 PM
here is how to check/set the tps:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66431

WA 2 FST
12-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Steve, thanks for the info!

Here is Sal's post:

P0068 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Inconsistent with MAF Sensor

The PCM monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during key ON engine running self-test the comparison of the TP sensor and MAF sensor readings are not consistent with calibrated load values, the test fails and a diagnostic trouble code is stored in continuous memory.

- Air leak between MAF sensor and throttle body
- TP sensor not seated properly
- Damaged TP sensor
- Damaged MAF sensor
-----------------------------

I can't imagine it being any of those, but I'll check. Terry installed an SCT MAF and an Accufab TB about 4 mos ago when he did the KB. It's all pretty new.

L8 APEX
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I have not had that code before. If you have a laptop you could configure the SCT to data log with live link. I would record the MAF counts, tp voltage, batt voltage, RPM, load etc.. Also possibly spray off the MAF element with MAF cleaner in case you got filter oil or other debris on it.

WA 2 FST
12-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't have a working laptop. If this thing continues, I may have you do the datalogging. I still need to get my SCT I bought from Tom over to you.

Is there a special MAF element cleaner I should get?

I haven't had time to even look at it. I reset the code, and I've driven it 3 cycles and the code hasn't come back. We'll see. Thanks.

tiffo60
12-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't have a working laptop. If this thing continues, I may have you do the datalogging. I still need to get my SCT I bought from Tom over to you.

Is there a special MAF element cleaner I should get?

I haven't had time to even look at it. I reset the code, and I've driven it 3 cycles and the code hasn't come back. We'll see. Thanks.

i used some at terrys yesterday and it said right on the can mass air cleaner:tu: