PDA

View Full Version : 02SVTpimp just bought Red 02 from Arlington dealer

Silver_2000
12-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Did it belong to anyone here ?

it had dinotech headers, flowmaster exhaust, intake and upgraded pulleys from what i know of last night... and today i was comin home from work and blew a piston threw my motor, its under warrenty

Chris94L
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a truck a friend and I test drove when he was looking. Red 02 at a dealer in Arlington. Very similar, flowmasters, pullies, intake, etc. We RAN away from that truck. What is the dealer in question?

02SVTKID
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Yea, my friend bought the truck. We went to high school together. He has been callin me and and askin alot of questions about our trucks.

Chris94L
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
What dealer did he get it from or if you don't want to say the name what area was it in? Sounds alot like a truck we test drove, kinda curious as if its the same one.

02SVTKID
12-04-2006, 01:34 AM
He got it from the dealership off of 360 i believe he said Stadium Auto.

BC Lightning
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
he said Stadium Auto.

:eek:, that place is known for ripping people off :nono:

Chris94L
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Same truck, I drove that one, I was suprised it didn't pop on the test drive we took it on

PoorSvtman
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
:eek:, that place is known for ripping people off :nono:

They have some pretty sweet lifted trucks there, but most vehicles there were used hard and put up....

Ive seen alot of the lifted trucks on the roads that have come from there that stand out and they looks scary going down the road. Float all over the place, etc

L8 APEX
12-04-2006, 09:15 PM
F Stadium Auto and the...

SVTJoseCuervo
12-04-2006, 09:36 PM
he sent me a message on myspace and told me that they are putting a new motor in the truck....he said it had a few mods but i havent asked what exactly came with it...

Chris94L
12-04-2006, 09:41 PM
From what I recall when we test drove it, it had flowmasters, C&L inlet elbow and maf, k&n, and what looked like a 8lb pulley (thing was seriously massive). And best of all, it didn't seem to have a tune on it, pulled fairly well, but idle and part throttle just didn't seem right. screamed like a raped ape though. My best guess though was it had no tune

02SVTpimp
12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Its cool, i got the carfax on it and contacted the only previous owner, he put all those mods on and never once had it toned... i figured thats what was the case when i was lookin it over when i was on the side of the road... but fords puttin a all new motor and checkin over everything, and statium auto gave me a good price for the L but tryed to screw me on the loaner car, wasnt happy bout that... when i get it back either thurs. or fri. im goin straight to get it toned...

parts truck
12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I think I need a tone.:evil

L-Fever
12-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I think I need a tone.:evil

Where then, do you find a "Toner" ? :rll:

bluesvt
12-05-2006, 09:31 AM
:evil

Ohmsby
12-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Where then, do you find a "Toner" ? :rll:

the toner is the sound the air thingy makes when you give it gas Duh!!:cool:

L-Fever
12-05-2006, 10:01 AM
the toner is the sound the air thingy makes when you give it gas Duh!!:cool:

I waz wunderin what that sound wuz!

parts truck
12-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry Kyle just having a little fun. I think terry is a toner,tooner,toe nerr.thats just my opinion. No Really I think you ment tuner. I promise it wont happen again:d

parts truck
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
ment:tu:

SVTJoseCuervo
12-05-2006, 11:07 AM
:rll:
he said that guy never got his truck tuned?:eek:

but hey!...New ENGINE! :banana:

tiffo60
12-05-2006, 11:09 AM
so is ford the ones actually putting the engine in, or is stadium auto doing it, because that would suck if stadium auto put in a regular 5.4 in it to save money

bluesvt
12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
so is ford the ones actually putting the engine in, or is stadium auto doing it, because that would suck if stadium auto put in a regular 5.4 in it to save money

+1 I hate that place anyways.

Chris94L
12-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Well my suspicions were confirmed then from when we test drove it that it was untuned. Figured it was a ticking timebomb

02SVTpimp
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Tuned* didnt relize, but yea 5 star ford in north richland hills is puttin the motor in, i know the manager so i know its getting done right and hell no i wouldnt trust that place with an oil change, lol... but yea new motor and all at the expense of stadium auto, i guess they get what they deserved... should have it back by this weekend hopefully...

BC Lightning
12-06-2006, 06:52 PM
should have it back by this weekend hopefully...

In time for the TALON Fall Classic :nana2

bluesvt
12-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Tuned* didnt relize, but yea 5 star ford in north richland hills is puttin the motor in, i know the manager so i know its getting done right and hell no i wouldnt trust that place with an oil change, lol... but yea new motor and all at the expense of stadium auto, i guess they get what they deserved... should have it back by this weekend hopefully...

What manager do you know? I used to work there and a truck got drove through a wall so you may trust him but not the techs. :d For the most part they were pretty easy on the vehicles and never really did anything stupid but that was some funny stuff to watch. Messed up the bumper and tailgate so they bought him a brand new truck. :tu:

gbgary
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
they're covering it under the warranty with the pulley and stuff on it?? wow! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Chris94L
12-06-2006, 08:29 PM
They sold it with all that stuff on it, so I guess if they offer a waranty, they have to cover it

02SVTpimp
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
What manager do you know? I used to work there and a truck got drove through a wall so you may trust him but not the techs. :d For the most part they were pretty easy on the vehicles and never really did anything stupid but that was some funny stuff to watch. Messed up the bumper and tailgate so they bought him a brand new truck. :tu:

Well i guess hes one of the lead techs, his names jonathon, u probably know him... well i doubt they will run my truck into a wall, had to be a once in a life time thing, lol...

02SVTpimp
12-07-2006, 12:17 AM
they're covering it under the warranty with the pulley and stuff on it?? wow! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Yea they sold the truck with the mods already on it, so they have to cover the truck as is...

BC Lightning
12-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Yea they sold the truck with the mods already on it, so they have to cover the truck as is...

Is there any signed paper work stating Stadium Auto will pay to fix?? I would make sure that everything is verified and that Stadium Auto will pick up the check, even if your buddy is high up I really doubt Ford will warranty it

I know from first hand experience having to pay out of pocket to Ford for a blown motor, and at $8,000 I will never forget either.

I have a good buddy who is also a head mechanic and SVT certified at West Way Ford, and back in 2002 when my motor popped and I didnt know about Terry or TALON, I talked to the Southern Regional Manager for SVT when he had to come check my truck before anything was approved for warranty work, and according to SVT even if you add a drop in K&N filter it will void your warranty. Even if the truck was bought that way it is up to the dealership to return it back to factory specs.

Unless you have signed paper work from Stadium Auto, then I have a feeling that it will turn into a similar situation when Speedworks said they would pay for things to make it right and stuck Terry with the bill

02SVTpimp
12-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Is there any signed paper work stating Stadium Auto will pay to fix?? I would make sure that everything is verified and that Stadium Auto will pick up the check, even if your buddy is high up I really doubt Ford will warranty it

I know from first hand experience having to pay out of pocket to Ford for a blown motor, and at $8,000 I will never forget either.

I have a good buddy who is also a head mechanic and SVT certified at West Way Ford, and back in 2002 when my motor popped and I didnt know about Terry or TALON, I talked to the Southern Regional Manager for SVT when he had to come check my truck before anything was approved for warranty work, and according to SVT even if you add a drop in K&N filter it will void your warranty. Even if the truck was bought that way it is up to the dealership to return it back to factory specs.

Unless you have signed paper work from Stadium Auto, then I have a feeling that it will turn into a similar situation when Speedworks said they would pay for things to make it right and stuck Terry with the bill

yea well i have the signed paper from stadium auto sayin that i paid 2 grand for full bumper to bumper warranty, and they have already told me its goin to be covered, nothin out of my pocket... i talked to the warranty company today and they just asked what happened but they are covering it...

The lead tech at 5 star ford said he wouldnt doubt it if the warranty company says that they dont wanna warranty my truck cuz they will already be out 4 or 5 grand from the start... but if they do that then they will be hearin from my lawyer, worst case is that i give the truck back and go buy another L somewhere else...