PDA

View Full Version : N E 1 know about this truck for sale?

WA 2 FST
12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=24&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-Lightning%7CE-ALL%7CM-_14_%7CH-%7CD-_180_%7CN-N%7CR-150%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CS-_1_%7CY-_2002_%7CX-popular%7CZ-75002&aff=national&paId=214086726&recnum=1&leadExists=true&sellerFirst=true

A friend of mine contacted the seller and the guy is going to wholesale it to Carmax shortly. 69k miles, True Blue '02, and he wants $15.5k. Carmax won't give him more than 13.5-14k, IMHO. Anyway, its in Grand Prairie, and I thought maybe someone here knows the owner. It looks very clean in the pics.

Chris94L
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
My friend tried to buy it a few weeks ago, he came off the price about a grand it looks like. Its a decent truck, its the stockest truck I have seen, only has a K&N air filter. It needs a new front bumper cover and paint, it has some pretty deep impressions in it, the tailgate needs to be painted due to scratches, the driver door needs to be PDR'ed, and could just in general take a good buffing to the rest of the truck. The interior is fairly nice, it has the typical driver sear wear.

WA 2 FST
12-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks, Chris. My friend is going to try and go see it tomorrow. If it needs all that, he may pass. It's actually for his son.

WA 2 FST
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Chris,

I sent your description to my friend. He just called me b/c he got home from going to look at the truck. He said your description was right on. He mentioned the cosmetic blemishes and he has some connections to getting that type of thing taken care of at a reasonable cost.

He drove it and said it ran and sounded good. This friend of mine has a mildly modded Harley truck that Terry has done the work on.

So he put a deposit on the truck. Got the guy down a little more.

He's going to get the cosmetic stuff repaired and then store it for a few months before his son's b-day. Lucky kid (but a good, responsible kid).

L8 APEX
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Sounds like he may be in the market for the student tune..

WA 2 FST
12-08-2006, 11:31 PM
What would that be; rev-limiter set at 3000rpm? ;)

L8 APEX
12-08-2006, 11:37 PM
ABout ten degrees of timing and an 85mph limiter, 4500 rpm shift points. Lots of torque reduction.

WA 2 FST
12-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Drove this truck today. I think my friend got a solid deal for what he paid. Aesthetically its not pristine, but with a good wax/buff and some PDR done to a few dings it will be ok. There will still be some scratches, but for what he paid it won't be perfect no matter what. He does need to bite the bullet and get a new front bumper cover, though.

The truck drives fine. It is a stock, one-owner truck w/ 69k miles. Mechanically it is in great shape and that's what you want out of a used vehicle (especially something hi-po like an L). I don't particularly like the Toyo tires. They are noisier than the Nittos I'm used to.

Lyfisin
12-13-2006, 06:21 AM
A True Blue. Very cool. The rarest of all colors. What does PDR stand for?

Flats Man
12-13-2006, 08:35 AM
A True Blue. Very cool. The rarest of all colors. What does PDR stand for?

I was wondering the same thing! I think it is "perty darn rare" or something.

Sixpipes
12-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Paintless Dent Repair .... like for hail damage. :cool:

WA 2 FST
12-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Yep. There are a few tiny dings near the bottom of the driver's side door...must've opened it up and hit something, and one on the front of the hood. They are tiny. They would bother me less than the front bumper cover which has been gouged pretty deep in several places. But hey, he didn't pay a lot for what he got. It just hasn't been owned by an anal TALON member, with the exception that all the routine maintenance has been done on the truck. :D

Sixpipes
12-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I know this is sacrilegious, but I actually would have bought a True Blue in 99 if that color had been available. Very nice looking trucks IMO. :cool:

Lyfisin
12-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info. I was thinking like "Personal Detail ..." but couldn't come up with the rest.

PDR now committed to short term memory.