PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ramblings

L8 APEX
12-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Let see where this goes feel free to contribute.
1) What the heck is with stealing of Christmas yard ornaments? This country has gone to the dogs. Do the society a favor and mame these bastards for all to see. I will come and guard your neighborhood art for a small fee. I could be the disgruntled elf in your yard ready to lay the smack down on the perps:evil .
2) Jimmy decided to build the kids a playhouse thing in the back yard for Christmas. So I spent a few nights after work in the rain and drizzle erecting said structure. It turned out pretty good for a last minute deal. We only had one extension cord the first night so I let the diesel idle for 4 hours so we would have light to work by. It seemed to handle that fine. He had a really cheap GMC brand circular saw that would barely cut a 2x4 to save its life!
3) My old business partner wanted to buy his dad a utility trailer for Xmas. He only having an Evo VIII needed someone with a truck to help him pick it up and hide it from dad for a few days. The best deal we found was Eagle Steel at Wintergreen and I-45. They had angle rails for 995 and pipe rails for 1095. The pipe rail was our choice and is a nice solid 16' trailer for the money. They do come with crap tires though. I also had to rewire the back lights as they were wrong.
4)As for shop stuff I try not to think about it too much. I am putting Matt's new engine in and trying to have it ready by Saturday so he can have it for Christmas. The GoRila is on my list and getting closer to the top. It should be an exciting project. He will not be alone for Xmas I will make sure to stop by and see him.
5) Stopped by and helped mom pick out a gift for brother Brad. She didn't want to go to the Sears in the hood by herself at night. She was actually about to drive to The Parks in Arlington and back from Duncanville! The Parks was packed by the way as I came home past it. Sears has Gear Wrench ratchet wrenchs on sale half price if you need any!
666) Thanks for the contributions of Crown for the holdiays from customers and friends. I think I have enough to get me through the holidays:beer: now.

03LightningRocks
12-22-2006, 12:44 AM
You where correct. The Waterloo distillery is in Canada. Ontaro Canada, to be exact. I will go by my favorite liquor store tomorrow and waste the guy that told me Kentucky.

I am now convinced, you, are the Crown expert :bows :bows :bows .

L8 APEX
12-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Here is a pic of us building the kids shack by PIAA light. I bought worklights and cords for the next night.. I will take a completed pic soon, I was pretty impressed for the drunked debochery that was the build..
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/CIMG7178.JPG

dboat
12-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Terry,
underneath it all, you are a good hearted guy.. you can come guard my yard ornaments anytime, although I dont have any..
Merry Christmas, :santa2
Dana and Kim

WA 2 FST
12-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I don't understand the issue with people stealing lights/yard ornaments or cutting strands of lights, either. My sister lives in a nicer neighborhood than I do and her lights have been cut several times over the past 2 years. I told her they are lucky I don't live there. I'd sit outside in the cold on my rooftop with a semi-auto pellet gun and pepper away.

All I know is this time of year my wallet is darn near empty. Son's b'day is 12/19, daughter's is 12/29. Oh yeah... Christmas is in there too. They're getting older (12 and 9) so the toys just get more expensive.

Hope you guys are able to enjoy the holiday. Stay safe.

Terry... all the best to you, my friend!

L8 APEX
12-22-2006, 10:01 PM
The latest I have heard is the slicing open of these neat blow up ornaments. I really like the huge snow globe things. It is usually the local kids that vandalize things. At least I had sense enough not to do that crap in my own neighborhood. Except for the light bulb fights we had in the street. We would unscrew the large Xmas bulbs and throw them at each other. Hopefully hard enough to break and cut the other person. Drawing blood was the goal of the game.:evil

dboat
12-22-2006, 10:56 PM
The latest I have heard is the slicing open of these neat blow up ornaments. I really like the huge snow globe things. It is usually the local kids that vandalize things. At least I had sense enough not to do that crap in my own neighborhood. Except for the light bulb fights we had in the street. We would unscrew the large Xmas bulbs and throw them at each other. Hopefully hard enough to break and cut the other person. Drawing blood was the goal of the game.:evil

Thanks for that post, because I had forgotten about those games.. :D

those were the days, you had to have some spine to you back then to survive..

Dana