PDA

View Full Version : Traded 01 cobra 4 02 Lightning

LocoLightning02
12-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I have had the truck for about a month as so far so good. I do miss shifting gears though:mad: but the supercharger whine makes up for it:beer: . I have got a 6lbs crank pulley,motoblue cai,trueflow intake,nkg plugs,170 thermo,gutted cats and a 40series. Everythings in the box waiting for the predator to get here. Is this can tune going to be good enough or do I need to go ahead and get a dyno session?

Just found this site and it rocks :bows

Tex Arcana
12-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the club, lots of good folks here. :tu:

I'd cough up the $$ for a Performance Research tune, Terry knows his stuff, and does a driving tune versus a dyno/can tune, which you'll find a much better tune all-around.

Methinks you're gonna enjoy the new toy, fer sure. :cool:

LocoLightning02
12-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Cool, Im just about 80 miles north west of yall. Ill let you know when Im ready. Christmas as eat up most of my performance parts fund:mad: . I wont put anything on till I know its going to be right.

Glad to be here:beer:

diablolightning
12-24-2006, 01:50 AM
welcome congrats on the L

charlie
12-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the community. Membership is only $10.00

Take that truck to Terry for a tune before you pop it with that 6 lb pulley.

Welcome and Merry X-mas

Charlie

Sorry I re-read it.... You have not put the pulley on yet. Take it to Terry anyway. He installs the stuff @ very reasonable prices. And he sells the tuners too.

BC Lightning
12-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I have had the truck for about a month as so far so good. I do miss shifting gears though:mad: but the supercharger whine makes up for it:beer: . I have got a 6lbs crank pulley,motoblue cai,trueflow intake,nkg plugs,170 thermo,gutted cats and a 40series. Everythings in the box waiting for the predator to get here. Is this can tune going to be good enough or do I need to go ahead and get a dyno session?

Just found this site and it rocks :bows

I got rid a my predator with a quickness, SCT is the way to be :tu:

LocoLightning02
12-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks, guys!! It will be after the first of the year before I can put everything on, but I would like to talk to terry. I have got a gauge set too. I like to get some numbers on how much this will cost install and tune.
what do yall know about wide band commanders compared to just regular air to fuel gauges. Is this a must?

Thanks, for the warm welcome and everyone have a merrry christmas.

BC Lightning
12-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks, guys!! It will be after the first of the year before I can put everything on, but I would like to talk to terry. I have got a gauge set too. I like to get some numbers on how much this will cost install and tune.
what do yall know about wide band commanders compared to just regular air to fuel gauges. Is this a must?

Thanks, for the warm welcome and everyone have a merrry christmas.

the standard autometer a/f guage is just a light show, most, myself included, are either using AEM or Dynojet widebands, I ordered an Autometer digital NV series wideband back in August but wont be here till February :rolleyes:

I dont remember the exact cost but when I had the similar work done back a few years ago it was very reasonible