PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

dboat
12-25-2006, 07:44 AM
This is the obligatory thread where you can post what you got for Christmas.

Whether its a lump of coal:flaming: , underwear or that new KB blower:santa , post up.

Dana

p.s. I am waiting for the wife to get up before I can open my presents, so I will post up later.

Lyfisin
12-25-2006, 09:41 AM
My nicest gift was a telescope. Not the kind you look at stars with. The kind you look at other ships with. It goes well with the Caribbean maps and Pirate Ships that decorate my room. :)

coors2003
12-25-2006, 10:23 AM
i got a new 26 gal air compressor to help get started on restoring my L next year!!

L-Fever
12-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I got a personalized Garden Gnome! And a big A$$ Ham!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/gnome_001.jpg

Sixpipes
12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Starmate Sirius Radio kit, $200 gift certificate to Lone Star Performance (for Gen I stuff), jeans, some tools, and a small home equity loan for Lightning repair and rebuild projects. :santa :santa

Wht95Lightning
12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I got some good stuff this year. A Revell 99 Lightning model kit, paints, new exacto etc. A cool Ford wall clock for the garage that looks like white faced gauges with humidity and temp as well as time, one of a kind custom knife made by Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com (http://www.kosterknives.com) , Lead Sled rifle rest for sighting in scoped rifles, stainless dial calipers, two new gittups for cowboy action shooting, reeses cups, york peppermint patties, Batman pez dispenser, moonclip checker and remooner (for 45 acp wheelgun), Ceramic angel (get one every year), pj's, Mach 5 for my desk, rem oil wipes, and my wife dressed up in Christmas fashion courtesy of Fredericks of Hollywood.
:santa

Yes, I am blessed. :d

Sixpipes
12-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Ceramic angel (get one every year)

What kind of ceramic angel? My wife has been collecting LLadro tree toppers for about 10 years...:cool:

Wht95Lightning
12-25-2006, 12:23 PM
What kind of ceramic angel? My wife has been collecting LLadro tree toppers for about 10 years...:cool:

No particular maker, just nice ones. Next year will be our 10th Christmas together so this is #9.

bluesvt
12-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Remington 700 SPS 30-06, Wolverive boots, $150 to Cabelas. Time to hunt. :beer:

tiffo60
12-25-2006, 12:34 PM
money, samsung black jack phone, ipod harded wired to the L

dboat
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
I got some good stuff this year. A Revell 99 Lightning model kit, paints, new exacto etc. A cool Ford wall clock for the garage that looks like white faced gauges with humidity and temp as well as time, one of a kind custom knife made by Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com (http://www.kosterknives.com) , Lead Sled rifle rest for sighting in scoped rifles, stainless dial calipers, two new gittups for cowboy action shooting, reeses cups, york peppermint patties, Batman pez dispenser, moonclip checker and remooner (for 45 acp wheelgun), Ceramic angel (get one every year), pj's, Mach 5 for my desk, rem oil wipes, and my wife dressed up in Christmas fashion courtesy of Fredericks of Hollywood.
:santa

Yes, I am blessed. :d

two questions...
1) what is a Mach 5 for the desk
and
2) does Santa's coming have a different meaning in your house than most others? :evil (I am so sorry, I just couldnt resist it)

Dana

dboat
12-25-2006, 01:12 PM
I got a bunch of stuff from Griots Garage. Detailing stuff, plus some desk accessories, tape dispenser that looks like a brembos brake caliper, a letter opener that looks like the outline of an F1 car, an engine cylinder off of a motorcycle that holds pens, pencils, paperclips and notes. I also got a curtain rod for my Dallas Cowboy Championship banner, a new case for my hunting bow too.

Dana

Ohmsby
12-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Bose noise cancelling headphones a smattering of gift cards and a really nice coffee table book with all ford trucks from beginning to end L's included

wife made out with some nice stuff:santa

bluesvt
12-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Bose noise cancelling headphones a smattering of gift cards and a really nice coffee table book with all ford trucks from beginning to end L's included

wife made out with some nice stuff:santa

How are those headphones? I have seen a lot of commercials about them and seem pretty cool and may have to get some. :beer:

Nuhklz
12-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Playstation and Guitar Hero II

Ohmsby
12-25-2006, 03:32 PM
How are those headphones? I have seen a lot of commercials about them and seem pretty cool and may have to get some. :beer:

Very nice:D

my2002lightning
12-25-2006, 10:56 PM
No comment as this is a public forum/thread. :cool:

I did spend quality time with the aunts / uncles /cousins / etc. over Christmas Dinner and I argued / debated with my 89 year-old Grand-Dad Ralph. He's good. :bows

Got out in the woods and walked all over my Uncle Raymond's 60 acre houseplace looking for deer tracks and checking-out all the recent dozer work. Too early to start looking for antler-sheds, though. Saw quite a few mallards though on the ponds.

John, I've tested those Bose head-phones on some airliner at cruise height - I think it was DFW to Chicago. We were between the wings and the dude next to me offered them for me to try. When you have them turned off, but on your head, it's like riding down the road in a quiet car with the windows down and moon-roof back.

Turn the head-phones ON, and it's like rolling UP the windows / moon-roof closed and ALL quiet!

I was definitely impressed. :tu:

Tex Arcana
12-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Mmm... I got a couple nice shirts, the 8525 smartphone, a couple pairs of nice socks (can't get enough warm socks, yanno), a nice keychain, a couple DVDs, and a belated xmas gift (thanks to late delivery) of the Alien 9-DVD tetralogy set. :cool:

Tex Arcana
12-25-2006, 11:01 PM
two questions...
1) what is a Mach 5 for the desk
and
2) does Santa's coming have a different meaning in your house than most others? :evil (I am so sorry, I just couldnt resist it)

Dana

I'm guess a Mach 5 1/18 or 1/24-scale model car. Steve, post pics, I have one as well. :cool:

L8 APEX
12-25-2006, 11:59 PM
From friends and family I got some home burned DVD's and a pocket knife. I also got a nice infared game camera to catch thieves/tresspassers when I build on my land. I got a bottle of XR and Special Reserve to get the through the holidays:beer: .
From myself I got a set of Rancho 9K shocks for the truck. I wish I got them last year they ride so much better than the fake Ranchos the FX4 came with...

Wht95Lightning
12-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Right, it's Speed Racers Mach 5 and it's about double the size of a matchbox car. The autojacks launched that sucker out of my stocking so fast, damn near put my eye out. :d

Tex Arcana
12-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Right, it's Speed Racers Mach 5 and it's about double the size of a matchbox car. The autojacks launched that sucker out of my stocking so fast, damn near put my eye out. :d

:rll: Very cool! I picked up the 1/18th at a car show a few years ago, and I built a smaller (1/24th?) that actually is closer to the original TV version's proportions (if you can say any of that had "proportion"). I've also got a small set of the Johnny Lightning "Speed Racer" HO-scale cars as well--have the GRX sitting here on my desk as we speak. :cool:

99WhiteBeast
12-27-2006, 01:36 PM
ipod harded wired to the L

How did you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nuhklz
12-27-2006, 02:23 PM

+1. This may mean a Saturday at Steveo's wiring up some iPods.

tiffo60
12-27-2006, 02:30 PM

beats me Cartoys did it for me, they installed some box that hooked up to my headunit and then a cord that hooks to the ipod, i plug it up and it stays in the glove box and i scroll thru the songs via the head unit

99WhiteBeast
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
beats me Cartoys did it for me, they installed some box that hooked up to my headunit and then a cord that hooks to the ipod, i plug it up and it stays in the glove box and i scroll thru the songs via the head unit
:0fftopic sorry to degrade the thread

Cool- stock head unit or aftermarket?

charlie
12-27-2006, 08:36 PM
I was a good boy this year! I got 2 lumps of coal! :tu:

But my daughter made out like a bandit.

Charlie

Moonshine
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
A set of Cold Steel kitchen knives, a set of fireplace tools, a shirt, and a throw blanket for movie watching. There were a couple of special things that shall remain unmentioned, and a taste of Crown XR to smooth the holiday.

Ohmsby
12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
please add to my list one Ford Lightning all be it a few days late...Stupid Santa:santa

L-Fever
12-27-2006, 11:49 PM
please add to my list one Ford Lightning all be it a few days late...Stupid Santa:santa

:cool:

Silver_2000
12-28-2006, 05:29 AM
I got the typical stuff
Couple of Tall size shirts
Couple of Labatts Blue Light Beers
Home cooked meals at Mom and Dads
Quality time with family - Christmas Day Evening I was with 85 members of my Moms family at My uncles farm house

Xbox game

Im seriously considering buying myself a 40+ "DLP in the next few weeks

tiffo60
12-28-2006, 09:27 AM
:0fftopic sorry to degrade the thread

Cool- stock head unit or aftermarket?

its a pioneer head unit:tu:

dboat
12-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I got the typical stuff
Couple of Tall size shirts
Couple of Labatts Blue Light Beers
Home cooked meals at Mom and Dads
Quality time with family - Christmas Day Evening I was with 85 members of my Moms family at My uncles farm house

Xbox game

Im seriously considering buying myself a 40+ "DLP in the next few weeks

ok, We are disappointed that we didnt even get a phone call.. :(

Dana

Silver_2000
12-28-2006, 09:42 PM
ok, We are disappointed that we didnt even get a phone call.. :(

Dana
It was a last minute trip - filled with family drama