PDA

View Full Version : L Sighted

umclightning
12-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Saw a black lightning in lake worth had smoked tail lights . We weare messing with u in a white 04 cobra. Ur truck looks nice man

tiffo60
12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
im guessing that was bc lightning since he was on the way to my house

BC Lightning
12-28-2006, 07:54 PM
im guessing that was bc lightning since he was on the way to my house

yup was me. too bad it wasnt till I was leaving your house and had data logged and figured what was wrong with my truck :cool:

RSVT
12-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Ur truck looks nice man

yeah. it is, i still want to know how yall painted tail lites man, how do you seperate them and what kind of glue do yall use to put them back:confused:

Fuzion
12-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't know how they smoked theres, but i smoked mine using Nite Shade. Bought it from Summit Racing, then just sprayed it on. It applies just like spray paint.

PoorSvtman
12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't know how they smoked theres, but i smoked mine using Nite Shade. Bought it from Summit Racing, then just sprayed it on. It applies just like spray paint.

I did a set for bc lightning awhile back for his friend... They came out pretty nice... Maybe bc has a pic of them if not i can dig for one when i did my tails...

BC Lightning
12-29-2006, 09:15 PM
I did a set for bc lightning awhile back for his friend... They came out pretty nice... Maybe bc has a pic of them if not i can dig for one when i did my tails...

ask and you shall recieve

Pic of my tails that Wes painted for me, you have to heat them in the oven, then use a razor blade to seperate them, prep for paint, tape them off and use Black glossy paint, I believe the paint code is UA, the Lingenfilter twin turbo Z06 in the reflection was running pretty strong that day :tu:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/PICT1246-1.jpg

I'm still digging through my pics trying to find the 99 red tail lights mike shaded

PoorSvtman
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm still digging through my pics trying to find the 99 red tail lights mike shaded

i have pics of mine, but mine where alot darker and not as good as the ones i did for you...

Cracking the tails open is easy tho. just pop them in the oven and seperate.. Im doing my headlights this weekend.

Tex Arcana
12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
i have pics of mine, but mine where alot darker and not as good as the ones i did for you...

Cracking the tails open is easy tho. just pop them in the oven and seperate.. Im doing my headlights this weekend.
Take some good pics and make a thread, I wanna see how it's done.

Tex Arcana
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
ask and you shall recieve

Pic of my tails that Wes painted for me, you have to heat them in the oven, then use a razor blade to seperate them, prep for paint, tape them off and use Black glossy paint, I believe the paint code is UA, the Lingenfilter twin turbo Z06 in the reflection was running pretty strong that day :tu:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/PICT1246-1.jpg

Wes did mine as well, tho I eventually ran into a couple of problems with moisture in the tails (not his fault). The solution is to spray some of that canned duster stuff into the cavity, then seal the openings to prevent any moist air getting back in. I"m going to be redoing mine again (because of a mistake with alcohol in the tails), and this time I'll seal them with black RTV around the edges, then replacing the air with the dry duster gas.

PoorSvtman
12-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Take some good pics and make a thread, I wanna see how it's done.

when i get off my butt and do it i will...

RSVT
01-07-2007, 12:52 AM

do you mine doing my tail lites:D