12-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Oh wow! Looks like fun though.... minus the bees

dboat
12-30-2006, 04:35 AM
That was a pretty cool post...

Dana

charlie
12-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Well at least that was better than the home made flame throwers when we was kids. Damn bee's could out run us and a short flame.

Hair spray and a Zippo.

Charlie

WA 2 FST
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
That's pretty funny. I guess once they got to the point of using fire, there was no interest in saving the swingset. They really thought it through pretty well, though. Otherwise they could have easily set the house on fire.

Of course, as soon as I typed that I went back and looked again... and noticed no water hose in sight. Tsk! Tsk!

Silver_2000
12-30-2006, 10:49 AM
That's pretty funny. I guess once they got to the point of using fire, there was no interest in saving the swingset. They really thought it through pretty well, though. Otherwise they could have easily set the house on fire.

Of course, as soon as I typed that I went back and looked again... and noticed no water hose in sight. Tsk! Tsk!

Throwing big buckets of gas on a fire ? They are lucky they are alive .. :hammer:

03LightningRocks
12-30-2006, 11:06 AM

A water hose would not have done much good to put out a gas fire :popcorn.

WA 2 FST
12-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I was thinking of soaking the grass next to the house, etc. Obviously where the gasoline was present, it wouldn't do any good. I was considering the preventative side of it potentially spreading on the ground... long after the gasoline/paint thinner had been burned.

Doug... yeah, I guess I can see where they "threw" the paint thinner into an already burning fire. I agree that's a bit risky.

03LightningRocks
12-30-2006, 11:55 AM
I was thinking of soaking the grass next to the house, etc. Obviously where the gasoline was present, it wouldn't do any good. I was considering the preventative side of it potentially spreading on the ground... long after the gasoline/paint thinner had been burned.

Doug... yeah, I guess I can see where they "threw" the paint thinner into an already burning fire. I agree that's a bit risky.

I didn't study the video as well as you did Wes, but I am pretty sure at least one of the frames said 87 octane gasoline. Although paint thinner is risky too.

WA 2 FST
12-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, after the paint thinner they brought in the 87 octane. I am assuming (possibly wrong) that since they took pics of carnage after almost every fire, that they let the flames die before tossing on more flammables. But maybe not. Throwing fuel onto an open fire is obviously a no-no. I'm not the only one I'm sure who has seen fire follow fumes back into the container creating a "bomb" in and of itself.

Silver_2000
12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I didn't study the video as well as you did Wes, but I am pretty sure at least one of the frames said 87 octane gasoline. Although paint thinner is risky too.

spill just a little of either from the open bucket, on you as you throw it onto an open fire. Not real bright.

:ron:I have had gas sprayed on me and lit ... Its nothing to play with