PDA

View Full Version : Any San Antonio guys in here?

Bird
01-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Looking at that area as a possible move in the future - anybody here to give me the straight skinny on the area? tracks? speed shops? areas to watch out for, etc, etc, etc ???

Bird

CJLightning04
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Why are you moving?

Don't give Texas another fast L !!!

Mika
01-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't live there, my wife did for 2 years though. It's a nice town. If you're a whitey, you're a minority. I really liked the town though. Friendly folks, good food, cheap real estate.

As far as rough parts of the hood, stay north of I-10. San Antonio was my first choice in Texas when I moved out(Dallas 2nd).

Mika

L8 APEX
01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
AggieMom is a lifetime resident of the SA area.

Shiner1
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I was station at Kelly AFB for 3 years back in the late 80's and went back in 95. I liked it down there. As stated before, north of 10 is a great area. That's where I lived in 95. The only problem I have with SA now is those whiney ass, floppin, mutha fockin SPURS!!! Otherwise it's a great place.

Aggie Mom
01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I've worked in San Antonio most of my life. I live about 15 minutes north of SA in the town of Bulverde, which is off of Hwy. 281 North. There are several nice subdivisions and two apartment complexes off of 281 North (once you pass Loop 1604). Everything that is being built here is pretty much new construction. Helotes is another nice area too as long it is close to Loop 1604. Only problem with either of those areas is the traffic. I can get to work in SA in 30 minutes, but it takes an hour and 20 minutes to get home.

The best place to live and send your kids to school (if you have any) is the north side. So anyplace north of IH10 to IH35. Some of the nicer, newer neighborhoods are almost any sub-division off of the road Stone Oak. Pretty much anything on the north side of loop 1604 is good.

The speed shop that all the SVT Mustangs & Lightning’s use is Henderson Performance. Corey just opened a new shop in New Braunfels. It’s about 15 minutes from my house. http://hendersonperformance.com Everyone really likes it and I’ve never heard any complaints, however, when possible I still drive to Dallas and take it to Terry.

The race track is San Antonio Raceway in Marion, Tx. A couple of the TALON guys have gone there for midnight madness racing. http://www.sanantonioraceway.com

I really don’t have too many complaints about the town. I like it. Shopping is good, restaurants are good and it’s not too expensive to live here.

Bird
01-16-2007, 12:17 AM
OK, what about pertinent laws / regulations concerning our trucks ? Tint, inspections, legal mods, etc?

Bird

L8 APEX
01-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Texas is a pretty easy state to drive in. 35% tint is legal on the drivers side windows the back can be blacked out. Cats are rquired but rarely checked for. Front license plate law catches some guys. I can't think of any state easier to drive in other than Arkansas or Okahoma. Annual inspection is 39.95 simple plug in and pass testing.

Bird
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
OK gang - will be moving over in March/April. Bought a house over in Hollywood Park and looking forward to getting over there. Now I just have to finish the 'L' before the trip over.

Bird

black knight
01-29-2007, 06:59 PM
OK gang - will be moving over in March/April. Bought a house over in Hollywood Park and looking forward to getting over there. Now I just have to finish the 'L' before the trip over.

Bird
Whats up bro, hollywood park is in my neck of the woods, i have a shop about 7 miles form there where me and my other L buddys chill and hang out. well i hope u make it, SA not to bad just sometimes the cops can be Dicks, but other than that its alright.

Aggie Mom
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Congratulations. That is a very nice part of town. It is convenient to everything. It has an extremely low crime rate. It is a suburb inside San Antonio that has its own police department, etc. I hope you plan on running a front license plate, cause Hollywood Park will pull you over and give you a ticket.

Here is a web page with more of the town info.
http://www.hollywoodpark-tx.gov/Webpages.asp?WPID=1