01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Pretty sure I just read his lips to Tony
"THROW THE F'in BALL"

tiffo60
01-06-2007, 10:04 PM
how about that 90 yard kick return just thenknana

gbgary
01-06-2007, 11:24 PM
romo...i don't think he'll be holding on field goals and extra points any more. :tongue:

L8 APEX
01-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Poor Romo:(

WA 2 FST
01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Yep. It's hard not to feel bad for the guy. I was coaching a youth basketball game, so I missed a lot of the game... but I saw Terry Glenn's big fumble which started the Seattle rally with 6 mins left in the game. To me that's as big of a botch as Romo's. It's just that no one expects a blown hold b/c they'll do 4-5 seasons and never have one. Maybe its even more rare than that (the snap is usually the culprit).

Whatever, they didn't deserve to win the game any more than Seattle did. The Cowboys ended up being a very mediocre team by the end of the season. Hopefully Romo will get past this before he steps on the field again for real in September. He's a good QB and will get better.

dboat
01-07-2007, 06:03 AM
We got a lot of mileage out of a quarterback that had not started a game in the NFL until partway thru the season. We were struggling and he provided a spark.
My thoughts on the season.
The defense had played decently until Greg Ellis went down. Now we know how important he was to the defense, but they still need to get some guys that can pass rush besides Ware. ( He's a stud )
The offensive line needs to be upgraded as well. Romo's elusiveness help cover up for their shortfalls somewhat, but the o-line was mediocre to less than mediocre at best.
If the o-line was better, the running and passing game would have been almost unstoppable, and who knows, Drew may have still been starting..

I thought the special teams this year were very good. Esp once they got rid of Vanderjagt..

On the whole, the 'Boys are a pretty good team, heck, before Ellis went down, they were beginning to look like the team to beat in the NFC.. now they werent that good going into a game with a Seattle team that wasnt that good either.

Lets see if they can make the right moves in the offseason and the draft to really move ahead of the rest of them next year.

Dana

Tex Arcana
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
We got a lot of mileage out of a quarterback that had not started a game in the NFL until partway thru the season. We were struggling and he provided a spark.
My thoughts on the season.
The defense had played decently until Greg Ellis went down. Now we know how important he was to the defense, but they still need to get some guys that can pass rush besides Ware. ( He's a stud )
The offensive line needs to be upgraded as well. Romo's elusiveness help cover up for their shortfalls somewhat, but the o-line was mediocre to less than mediocre at best.
If the o-line was better, the running and passing game would have been almost unstoppable, and who knows, Drew may have still been starting..

I thought the special teams this year were very good. Esp once they got rid of Vanderjagt..

On the whole, the 'Boys are a pretty good team, heck, before Ellis went down, they were beginning to look like the team to beat in the NFC.. now they werent that good going into a game with a Seattle team that wasnt that good either.

Lets see if they can make the right moves in the offseason and the draft to really move ahead of the rest of them next year.

Dana

I agree with everything except Blew Dreadsoe: he's a major albatross, and needs to be gone.

However: Anyone notice how well Carpenter played?? I'd say he's getting there.

Where they need help:

* Offensive line: two key drafts who can play IMMEDIATELY.
* Defensive line/linebackers: A complement to Ware (Ellis or a draftee).
* Defensive backs: draft a safety and/or a corner; pick up a vet.

Not too many holes, to be honest. Makes next year look hopeful.