PDA

View Full Version : No cats & straight pipes

LocoLightning02
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Ive been running that with a 4 inch tips for about 4 days(although it seems more like a year) WTF was I thinking. You cant even here yourself think inside that thing, but it did sound good for a couple of days. Putting the 40 series with three inch tips back on Thurs. It was fun while it lasted.:beer:

gagspa
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I can't even imagine how loud that must be. I thought my Mustang was loud with an O/R X and MagnaPacks, but it won't even compare with your setup!

BC Lightning
01-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't even imagine how loud that must be. I thought my Mustang was loud with an O/R X and MagnaPacks, but it won't even compare with your setup!

For an even more noise you could go with my setup and get the bassani 3" full exhaust, the headers are considerably bigger than the kooks headers, 3" straight pipes going into a straight thru muffler with built in x pipe, even with 2 layers of dynamat on the doors and floor its really load inside

LocoLightning02
01-08-2007, 10:41 PM
You can turn the radio alll the way up and still cant hear it. I just wonder what it sound like when I fly by sombody about 100 mph. I know they are thinking WTF was that. It is mind boggeling:D . My nieghbors hate me! I will be back in good in the nieahbor hood on thurs:mad: Its just way to loud :vomit:

LocoLightning02
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
For an even more noise you could go with my setup and get the bassani 3" full exhaust, the headers are considerably bigger than the kooks headers, 3" straight pipes going into a straight thru muffler with built in x pipe, even with 2 layers of dynamat on the doors and floor its really load inside

I couldnt imagine anything that is louder. Im still putting the 40 seires back on:beer:

my2002lightning
01-09-2007, 12:18 AM
I can only imagine. I'm running twin Series 40 and long road-trips were almost deafening.

CJLightning04
01-09-2007, 11:10 PM
I can LOL I have 94 f150 with a 5.0 in it and when i first go it i had true duals, no cats, and 4" tips put on it....sounded like SH!T but was so freaking loud. So i bought highflow cats and stuck them on. Now i went back to a flowmaster...sounds like an old 5.0 GT:tu:

wesman
01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
If it's too loud.....you're too old :bows :bows

02SVTpimp
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
If it's too loud.....you're too old :bows :bows

haha, thats true to an extent, because i had ran straight pipes on my last car and it was so loud u couldnt here yourself think, it got annoying when i had to go 60 mile round trip to work everyday and i got pulled over by the parks mall for "noise pollution" just got a warning but it is fun at times...

LocoLightning02
01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Silence is golden:d Scrapped the 40 series and went with 18" glass pack and 3" tips. A nice sound at idle and WTF sound at WOT. Didnt think I would ever found the right sound, but I think this just might be it:beer: