PDA

View Full Version : Roll cages

andy_cain
11-23-2002, 11:57 PM
Who makes a roll cage for the L?
Is there one that doesn't go through the rear windows?
Is there on that can be "pinned in" and removed when not needed?:burnout:

Silver_2000
11-24-2002, 12:41 AM
Dont think its possible to have a legal cage without going thru the rear window.

andy_cain
11-24-2002, 12:54 AM
That sure doesn't apeal to me to think of putting plexiglass reart windows in and jacking up my Snug lid to boot.:bs

Sixpipes
11-24-2002, 12:49 PM
The penalty for running 11s is the cage. You will have plenty of room under the 12 second barrier with your current plans to add an NX system. While you are doing the cage, you may as well get a new bottom end on order. I think it would be way cool to have a GenII that requires a cage, but you've just got to decide where to draw the line. If I had the funds, I'd do a bad-a$$ Gen II that would run 10s, but I will be going the Gen I route when and if this economy ever turns around.

I saw a guy in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) that had a custom cage (still went through the back window), but had removeable side bars and was still NHRA approved. Pretty cool.

So are we going to be ready for Hallsville by December 7?

andy_cain
11-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Better ask Terry if it will be ready...he is the man right now, all hinges on him...I have faith that he will have it finished and tweeked in time.
Going to go ahead with the 75 shot instead of the 50.
I think you identified the real problem...i don't know where to draw the line...would like to have this one in the low 11's with stock block and tranny then start playing with an old Porsche 928S4...really getting a bad itch for one the past few weeks.
maybe have the truck set up for my 1/4 mile vehicle and the Porsche set up for High Speed cruiser:cool: