PDA

View Full Version : slite problem

RSVT
01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
As i said on another post that i wanted to upgrade the gears on my 2000 L, well this is why i want to upgrade for because when i do push the gas for accerlation i takes a while to kick in(no peeling out and tires are BALD, not that much torque), and the mods i got are: 6#lower,blue chip, airaid intake,SB TB, C&L upper intake, magnaflow hiflows,and Bassani catback, lakewood traction bars. i feel i had more power stock. ive ran an 8.6 before w/these mods and now i run like ****. and just got it inspected today. :crying: What do yall think?

SILVER2000SVT
01-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Torque converter, Transmission slipping, maybe?

TXBLU
01-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Dude! It ain't the gears!!! That thing should ROAST the tires from a standstill if you just mat the throttle! Sumptink ees beddy beddy wong!:eek:

RSVT
01-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Dude! It ain't the gears!!! That thing should ROAST the tires from a standstill if you just mat the throttle! Sumptink ees beddy beddy wong!:eek:

im not talkin about astandstill, i can easily burnout on standstill, im talkin about on the go and then me punchin the pedal to the medal:burnout:

PoorSvtman
01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
well your tires are bald, so they could be spinning you just dont feel or hear it.. when you have more tread on your tires the sound of them spinning is more noticable....

L8 APEX
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Tire spin is a poor gauge of power or lack of. There are several factors like pavement type, traction bars etc. I build up and test drive Lightnings every day. I test them on dry brushed concrete. I tuned a stock truck with a Kenne Bell Thursday. At 15psi I know it is making more than an Eaton anything would. The customer was riding with me and he will tell you I never spun a tire through downshifts or roll ons. I don't see rolling tire spin under 450 plus horsepower. You should be around 385-400 with chip and pulley.