PDA

View Full Version : Those with QA1's and lowered trucks

wesman
01-13-2007, 03:40 PM
What is your drop and do you have shock extenders?

At what drop are extenders needed?

I've got QA1's I need to install and extenders, but I only have a 2" drop via shackles. Will I need the extenders?

--wes

Alpine
01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
What is your drop and do you have shock extenders?

At what drop are extenders needed?

I've got QA1's I need to install and extenders, but I only have a 2" drop via shackles. Will I need the extenders?

--wesYou dont need them Wes. :tu:

L-Fever
01-13-2007, 05:16 PM
You dont need them Wes. :tu:

Only Mr. Stubbs needs extenders!....:rll:

SILVER2000SVT
01-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I have about 3.5" drop on the rear with QA1's. I thought I needed shock extenders and bought some only to put every thing together and realize I don't need them. You'll be fine without them assuming you have the same length QA1 I'm running.

L8 APEX
01-14-2007, 01:03 AM
I have never installed extenders on even the lowest of trucks. The QA's are pretty short. If you retain any kind of bump stop it will be safe.

BC Lightning
01-14-2007, 11:31 AM
I have the Roush suspension, on the box it said that its a 2" frot and 4" rear dro, I dont have the extenders but was thinking of buying them from RUSLOW

PoorSvtman
01-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I have the Roush suspension, on the box it said that its a 2" frot and 4" rear dro, I dont have the extenders but was thinking of buying them from RUSLOW

dont think ruslow makes extenders... Everyone gets them from socal speed shop...

I have them on mine however... Im pretty low but figured it was good for safe measure.. If your only running shackles you wont need them

L8 APEX
01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Stan has the upper heim joints which are nice on the rears.

BC Lightning
01-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Stan has the upper heim joints which are nice on the rears.

those are what i meant :tu:

Tex Arcana
01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I think it depends mostly on what part #s you're running. I specifically bought from Stan because he had the number for the shorter shocks, based on the particular drop. So far, I haven't had a problem, so I think he did me right. I also got the heims, which are damn near a lifesaver.

Also, just FYI: if you decide against the heims, put the stock bushings back in, instead of the urethane ones provided. It's the urethane bushings that cause the bending/breaking problem.

my2002lightning
01-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm running Hotchkis coils, sways F/R and JLP 4" shackles on the stock leafs and stock Bilsteins all-around with no issues.

Looking to upgrade sometime soon to QA1s as I've only heard good about their product.

Ronald