PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Pictures!

tliss
11-24-2002, 06:05 PM
I was riding home yesterday from the dyno and saw this in my neighborhood. I had heard there was another Lightning owner in my area, but had never met him/her. Unfortunately that L is completely destroyed. I'm not sure what happened, but the fire took out most of the front of the house, melted the tires and pretty much all of fiberglass on the truck. These images will haunt me for a while. I really want to find out what happened and I hope everyone was ok.

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/3/DCP_0799.jpg

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/3/DCP_0800.jpg

Tom

98Cobra
11-25-2002, 08:50 AM
That was a Lightning? You sure? Daayyyym.

J.D. Blackwell
11-25-2002, 09:17 AM
:eek: Boy that will haunt me too. I think I am going to install a sprinkler system in my garage now.

tliss
11-25-2002, 10:32 AM
It has what looks like the '01-'02 wheels on it, but I could not see the front end and didn't want to cross the magical police line. Couldn't really tell by the seats because the tops were burned down to the metal as well. It could be common F150, but my gut says it was an L. I'll check it out better this week.

Tom

Sixpipes
11-25-2002, 06:00 PM
If you blow the picture up, it looks like Lighting exhaust tips. Wheels, trailer hitch, etc......... gotta be a Lightning. :crying:

Red2002
11-25-2002, 06:34 PM
That positively looks like a Lightning. I wonder what happened?http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-36275.gif It appears as if the truck is halfway out of the garage. :confused:

Maybe he/she tried to save it and had to bail because of the heat?

tliss
11-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Craig did a little more thorough inspection and said there is/was a Harley Davidson motorcycle in front of it. The front end is pretty much gone and all that's left of the hood is the support skeleton. It is about half way out of the garage, but I still can't quite figure out what happened. Maybe I'll go talk to the neighbors for a run down on the scoop. I'm mainly interested in finding out if the L started the blaze because if it did we may need to be a little worried.

Tom

andy_cain
11-25-2002, 09:02 PM
That seems like alot of money that burned up at one time without leveling the house.
Call me silly but I think the insurance investigator will spend a great deal of time looking at that one.
Judging from the lawn and damage in the pics, looks as if the fire started in the garage:
Theroy...
Gas leaking Harley + Hot exhaust on L = paid off Harley and L.

Anyone who ever has owned a motorcycle know of a little tittle tube called "over flow tube"...

Cost me $180. when the first week I lived in my house here in Allen I had one of my Motocross bikes fall over, leaked out less that a gallon and a half of gas....In a brain storm, I grab the waterhose to wash the driveway off and dilute it...next thing I know the neighbors have complained about gas smells and thought all the water was gas and called the fire department...

Big red truck, pretty lights, full suited firemen, little yellow pump spray tubes and a big arse hose pouring out a$180. worth of water in 45 minutes.
Been a little over a year ago this month, neighbors still think we are trash...LOL:throw:

99WhiteBeast
11-26-2002, 11:16 AM
fubar