PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Lyfisin
01-19-2007, 10:31 AM
After at least 10 loans for new/used cars in 29 years, I finally paid one off and it was the Lightning. I even managed to do it eight months early. The mods were all paid in cash which makes me feel good about it as well.

I was never upside down on any of the previous nine, but I don't believe I ever actually made it to the end of the loan period before getting something else. To be fair, my Wrangler was actually paid off in December, but the loan period was much shorter.

Yea for me I guess. :rolleyes:

tiffo60
01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
congrats:beer: , it will be nice when i will be able to say the same thing:cool:

gbgary
01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
WOW congrats. i've only managed to pay-off one vehicle too...a bronco II and somehow managed to total it a few months later :rolleyes: . i'm one of those that'll always have a car payment.

Ohmsby
01-19-2007, 11:17 AM
That is an awesome feeling:beer: congrats Brook

I have been lucky enough to pay for the gen 1 and gen 2 with cash.

I need to trade my 1ton DD in on a new one this year but it just got paid off in Oct and I hate the idea of another payment.

And we are not going to discuss the payment on the Wife's ride:hammer:

gagspa
01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I know the feeling. I just paid off my Mustang in October (of course the mods are still on the credit card). I have paid off other vehicles in the past, but they were always used cars with short term loans (24 months or less).

2 years to go on the L.

Silver_2000
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Congratulations

Im considering an upgrade now and the idea of a payment is the big reason i havent .....

Tex Arcana
01-19-2007, 06:20 PM
After at least 10 loans for new/used cars in 29 years, I finally paid one off and it was the Lightning. I even managed to do it eight months early. The mods were all paid in cash which makes me feel good about it as well.

I was never upside down on any of the previous nine, but I don't believe I ever actually made it to the end of the loan period before getting something else. To be fair, my Wrangler was actually paid off in December, but the loan period was much shorter.

Yea for me I guess. :rolleyes:

Congrats, it sure does feel good to do that. :cool:

HOwever, your stats on your other cars makes the case for leasing.