PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs....Playoffs

Mark #2
01-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Well I am rooting for the Patriots and Da Bears. We'll see.

bluesvt
01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Got my Pats sweatshirt in yesterday just in time!!! :tu: Was gonna post a pic but I guess they sold out. It's black with the big white throwback guy on the front.

Lyfisin
01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Colts and Saints here.

bluesvt
01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Colts and Saints here.

Saints are not looking so hot right now. Three turnovers in the 1st quarter.

Lyfisin
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Two field goals < one touchdown.

StormShadow
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Colts and Bears

tliss
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Saints D can't seem to stop Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson, and the Bears D is holding strong. Super Bowl XLI = Chicago Bears vs. New England Patriots, though I could really care less who wins in the AFC.

Go Bears!!

Tom

Lyfisin
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
though I could really care less who wins in the AFC.

Same way I felt about the NFC. I'm mainly just rooting for the Colts at this time. Undefeated at home Colts vs Undefeated in a Dome Pats. It "should" be a good game, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the Pats got blown out.

bluesvt
01-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Same way I felt about the NFC. I'm mainly just rooting for the Colts at this time. Undefeated at home Colts vs Undefeated in a Dome Pats. It "should" be a good game, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the Pats got blown out.

I would!!! I think it will be a good game though with a Pats win. :D

bluesvt
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Gotta admit Bears are doing pretty damn good. Glad to see the Saints loosing, makes me feel a little better about the game being rigged.

tliss
01-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I told you...:banana:

Tom

Mark #2
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, I got one, one to go, Go Pats.:D

tiffo60
01-21-2007, 10:13 PM
that was a nice touchdown with 1 minute to goknana

tiffo60
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
colts pulled it off, awsome game:bows

FRDRCING
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
colts pulled it off, awsome game:bows

I am so glad to see Tom Brady and the Pats. go down in the AFC Championship game:banana: .

FRDRCING
01-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Double post

BC Lightning
01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I am so glad to see Tom Brady and the Pats. go down in the AFC Championship game:banana: .

+1

hopefully Manning breaks the "A-Rod Curse"

Tex Arcana
01-21-2007, 10:57 PM
OMFG, what a TWEEST!!! :lol:

Colt and Bears in the show.

Smartest QB in the league, against the dumbest. :hammer:

No way to call this one, because they both have more ways to choke than O.J. has to cut throats.

It could be interesting, if they can keep the score close. Otherwise, it's gonna be boring.

Meh.

Lyfisin
01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
OMNo way to call this one, because they both have more ways to choke than O.J. has to cut throats.

You can say that if you want, but I'd say the players and teams that choked are the ones not going to the Super Bowl.

The Bears have 'choked' their way to a 13-3 record, despite all the media hype about how much Grossman needed to be replaced. I'm not saying he's stellar, but he's gotten the job done. If anything chokes on their side, it will be the defense. Not Grossman.

The Colts started the year with 10 consecutive wins and I didn't see him choke too bad after throwing an interception and suddenly finding himself down by 18 points. Their defense, which allowed over 100 yards rushing against them every game, has not allowed 100 in any of the playoff games.

TP Derrick D
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Got my wish, Colts & Bears. But if Saints had gone that would have been OK too. Now I'm going with the Colts so Tony Dungy can get his Super Bowl he got cheated out of in Tampa. And the "experts" can leave Peyton Manning along and shut their yappers.

tliss
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
...Their defense, which allowed over 100 yards rushing against them every game, has not allowed 100 in any of the playoff games.

Heeheehee...that's going to change in two weeks...:evil . Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson are going to run all over that defense and Peyton Manning will be on his back most of the game!

Tom

Lyfisin
01-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Heeheehee...that's going to change in two weeks...:evil . Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson are going to run all over that defense and Peyton Manning will be on his back most of the game!
Tom

I'm sure KC thought the same thing with Larry Johnson, but that didn't happen. Peyton has done a great job this year getting rid of the ball. The Bears D is first rate, but I would say their strenth will come more into play on receiver defense then pass rush.

Whatever happens, I hope the game is a good one. I'm from Indy, although I left before the Colts came. Their somewhat of a sentimental favorite on my part.

Good luck with your Bears. My counterpart here at the office is from Chicago as well.

bluesvt
01-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Very good game unlike the Bears and Saints. Pats should have had it but now I guess I am going to have to go for the Colts even though I hate Manning. It is funny how Bears fans or the ones I talked to today think they created football and it's their game. :rolleyes:

dboat
01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
My thoughts

Grossman isnt as bad as everyone makes him out to be.. he is like a poormans Phil Simms.. not great but doesnt make mistakes, especially ones that hurt your team.. he gets rid of the ball and doesnt get turnovers.

However, I look at Indy's offense and the Bears defense cancelling each other out.. what will be the "tale of the tape" in this game is how well Indy's defense does against the Bears offense. I thought the Bears would win on Sunday and they did.. however, I am not so sure that the Bears offense is better than the Indy Defense. At least not the way Indy's defense has played in the last few games.

Dana

tliss
01-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Very good game unlike the Bears and Saints. Pats should have had it but now I guess I am going to have to go for the Colts even though I hate Manning. It is funny how Bears fans or the ones I talked to today think they created football and it's their game. :rolleyes:

Umm, ever heard of George Halas? Founder of the Chicago Bears (at the time called the Decatur Staleys) in the early 1920s somewhere and one of the founding fathers of the NFL. The Bears are one of the oldest teams in the league. Believe it or not, that is where pro football started.

Tom

dboat
01-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Umm, ever heard of George Halas? Founder of the Chicago Bears (at the time called the Decatur Staleys) in the early 1920s somewhere and one of the founding fathers of the NFL. The Bears are one of the oldest teams in the league. Believe it or not, that is where pro football started.

Tom

This is true... May Poppa Bear rest in peace..

tliss
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
A little history....in 1920 there were 14 teams:

Here are the original teams:
• Akron Professionals
• Buffalo All-Americans
• Canton Bulldogs
• Chicago Cardinals
• Chicago Tigers
• Cleveland Tigers
• Columbus Panhandles
• Dayton Triangles
• Decatur Staleys
• Detroit Heralds
• Hammond Pros
• Muncie Flyers
• Rochester (N.Y.) Jeffersons
• Rock Island Independents

Throughout NFL history all but two of these original teams folded: the Decatur Staleys and the Chicago Cardinals. The Staleys became the Chicago Bears in 1922 and the Chicago Cardinals became the St. Louis Cardinals in 1960 and the Arizona Cardinals in 1988. So, considering the two oldest franchises in the league are from Chicago, and the Bears have had their current name for 85 years, do you think Bears fans have the right to claim football? You bet we do...

Tom

RSVT
01-23-2007, 12:27 PM
i diff. take the bears on this super bowl, im more of a NFC guy.....Go CowBoys..Haha...lol

Tex Arcana
01-23-2007, 03:02 PM
My thoughts

Grossman isnt as bad as everyone makes him out to be.. he is like a poormans Phil Simms.. not great but doesnt make mistakes, especially ones that hurt your team.. he gets rid of the ball and doesnt get turnovers.

"...doesn't make mistakes"??? What game were you watching Sunday?? He made some of the dumbest mistakes, including a couple of critical ones involving clock-management during the 2-minute warning that should have gotten his butt bit, 'cept for the refs cutting him more slack than they did Hussein when they hung him. :hammer:

However, I look at Indy's offense and the Bears defense cancelling each other out.. what will be the "tale of the tape" in this game is how well Indy's defense does against the Bears offense. I thought the Bears would win on Sunday and they did.. however, I am not so sure that the Bears offense is better than the Indy Defense. At least not the way Indy's defense has played in the last few games.

Dana

I honestly felt that the Saints could do it, but when a couple of critical calls get blown, we see where that went. The Saints are more talented on both sides of the ball, tho I think Brees needed a glove to counter the cold/wet ball.

As for the StupidBowl: I think you may be hitting the nail on the head here. If Manning can take control early and rack up alot of points, then INdy will win; in a closer game where INdy falls behind a bit early, then Manning will lose his composure, try to do too much, try to force too many close plays, and will get bit by the Bears defense--and as long as the Bears can run the ball, and score with minimal passing (i.e., keeping Grossman out of the decisions as much as possible), the Bears will win.

bluesvt
01-23-2007, 05:02 PM

Tom

I already knew that, just the way the guy was telling me I found funny. Sorry.

Tex Arcana
01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I already knew that, just the way the guy was telling me I found funny. Sorry.

nevermind tom, he gets his underroos in a twist whenever we "dis" da Bores. :tongue:

dboat
01-23-2007, 07:22 PM
"...doesn't make mistakes"??? What game were you watching Sunday?? He made some of the dumbest mistakes, including a couple of critical ones involving clock-management during the 2-minute warning that should have gotten his butt bit, 'cept for the refs cutting him more slack than they did Hussein when they hung him. :hammer:

Tex, we were watching the very same game.. but what I didnt see him do was throw stupid passes, get intercepted, fumble the ball, etc.. his clock management had more to do with what he was told to do by his coaches on the sidelines and their confusion, not his.. as for the refs, I thought that issue was cleared up later when there should not be a penalty on the timeout, the refs just disregard the signal..

Dana