PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Sunday

RSVT
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
GO BEARS!!! So where are the super bowls parties at?

tliss
02-04-2007, 02:30 PM
GO BEARS!!! So where are the super bowls parties at?

I second that! GO BEARS!!

Tom

Silver_2000
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
colts are winning by 2 ....

tiffo60
02-04-2007, 09:27 PM
not looking good for the bears:d

RSVT
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
that sucks if they lose,the score is 29-17 colts on top,

SVTJoseCuervo
02-04-2007, 10:45 PM
:banana: Peyton baby!

Tex Arcana
02-04-2007, 11:18 PM
holy carp, they need to rename this to the "Fumble Bowl". :rolleyes:

I swear, if Grossman were any dumber, he'd have a starring role on Robot Chicken as the retarded pumpkin.

I have to give it to the Colts, tho: they made it work, despite falling behind early (which SHOULD have been the kiss o' death to Peyton). The Bears defense were on the field way too long for them to be effective in the end.

So, props to the colts, for snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

WA 2 FST
02-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Bottom line... Grossman is the worst QB to ever start/play in a Super Bowl game. He was the "MVP" for the Colts. His team finished with the best record in the league _in spite of_ him, not b/c of him. Chances are had they lost just a few more games during the season, he wouldn't even have been playing yesterday (although the Bears certainly could still have been in the SB... they were the best team in the NFC _in spite of_ their lousy QB).

The Bears defense played very well despite being on the field almost the entire game, the special teams gave spotted the team 7, and yet Grossman just continued to make stupid play after stupid play.

The Bears with an average (Tony Romo-type) QB probably win the game.

Sixpipes
02-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Watched it on a 27" TV. Mediocre game at best, but congratulations to the Colts. Best commercial was the Bud Light Gorillas. :D

RSVT
02-05-2007, 10:32 AM
well i hope the NFC wins the Pro Bowl this Saturday, maybe if the cowboys had won the NFC championship, and then go on and beat the Colts again in the super bowl, that would be bad , well i hope that Jerry Jones doesnt get Ron Rivera from the bears, cuz that defense sucked yesterday w/ a wide open Reggie Wayne to the endzone

BC Lightning
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Watched it on a 27" TV. Mediocre game at best, but congratulations to the Colts. Best commercial was the Bud Light Gorillas. :D

that and the rock paper scissors for the Bud Light

Sixpipes
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM
...also forgot to mention that I will never buy another Snickers. :cool:

Lyfisin
02-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Me either. Totally disgusting and Snickers WAS my favorite candy bar.

My favorite commercial was the auctioneer wedding, but I also liked the dalmation one.

Regarding the game, it was almost like watching the Colts/Ravens game again. Controlled drives toward the endzone, but they didn't want to test the defenses in the red zone and make mistakes. Very understandable considering the quality of those two defenses. Neither the Ravens nor the Bears had enough offense to counteract.

It was kind of disappointing to see the Colts win like that. They were obviously more known for their air attack with Harrison and Wayne, but they pretty much did only short passes. I don't think it would have been much different even if it wasn't raining. Sadly, a LOT of the teams that made it far through the playoffs used their RBs and TEs as primary receivers.

Still, I'm glad the Colts won, regardless of the need to adapt that way.

TP Derrick D
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
:banana: Yep!!! Colts won!! They are just a better team. Not only that ,the tough games they played against the Patriots & Steeters the past few years along with K.C. & the Ravens this year just made them better. You have to beat the best to be the best.They took steps each year in the tougher conference(AFC) right now. Kinda like the Mavericks have been doing the past 4 years. The Bears were just a weaker team no fault of their own,the NFC Central is weak right now (The Pack, Lions,Vikes all weak) so the Bears got a pass. While they were good in the NFC that same team would have a really tough time in the AFC against Colts,Pats,Jets,Chiefs,Chargers,Ravens...The Colts should have won by more,they almost doubled the Bears in all areas.The Colts are just too strong offensive. Remember the Colts-Ravens game,the Colts beat the Ravens and the Ravens "D" is as tough or tougher than the Bears. That goes back to the Bears weak division and being in the NFC. This was just Indy's time. Tony Dungy got robbed of his Tampa Bay Super Bowl because that organization didn't wait long enough, yeah they got a S.B. with Dungy's team but look at them now... a losing laughing stock that could still be a winner had they not changed coach. Give the Bears another year or 2 and them along with the Saints will be strong. As far as the commercials, I liked the auctioneer wedding & Blockbuster get on line w/mouse-oh it needs to be plugged in. The homo:vomit: Broke back Snicker thingy was sorry as he11 and a "man law" commercial should be done to make fun of it:vomit: .I was like..:eek: WTF?

dboat
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM

But had that been two gorgeous women, you'd been out there buying a case of Snickers today... :D

Sixpipes
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
But had that been two gorgeous women, you'd been out there buying a case of Snickers today... :D

Yeah, but it wasn't and I'm not. :beer:

L8 APEX
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I watched most of the game on the 25 year old 13" TV in the 40 degree garage. Then on the way home it was the 7" SD tv or Super Duty television. The pic is pretty clear the pic is poor in low light. The game was okay through the first half. After the 3rd it was a lame game and only worth the commercials. Did they have the Bud Bowl this year?
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG7290.JPG

BC Lightning
02-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Did they have the Bud Bowl this year?

They havent had the Bud Bowl in years