PDA

View Full Version : Need warranty work done, any recommendations?

bma04ltng
02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Like I said I have to get some warranty work done, some DPFE sensor or something might have gone out. What dealership sould I go to that is reputable and going to take good care of my truck?

I looked in the "Had luck with: " forum and someone said Don Davis Ford. What do you guys think?

99WhiteBeast
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I would just replace it myself warranty or no warranrty. My truck has only been to the dealership once in its seven year life-(intercooler recall)

The DPFE sensor is easy pickings- two hoses, one connector, 2 small bolts. Its on the driver side next to the EGR with two rubber hoses feeding into it.

SILVER2000SVT
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
FWIW...I had my DPFE sensor throw a code. I unplugged it, blew on it, inspected and reseated the hoses and haven't thrown the code again in 3 years.

bma04ltng
02-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I am pretty mechanically inclined but can someone show/tell me a little more detail of how to do it myself.

It is appreciated.:banana:

99WhiteBeast
02-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I am pretty mechanically inclined but can someone show/tell me a little more detail of how to do it myself.

It is appreciated.:banana:

Go to driver side fender. Look to the left of the EGR and there will be a bracket that holds two plastic (could be one plastic and one silver) modules.

One is the DPFE (which has two rubber hoses that feed into it from the EGR tube to the exhaust manifold) the other is the EGR solenoid.

Disconnect the hoses, unplug the electrical connectors. Then take the entire bracket off that holds both modules from the bolt next to the blower. Then you can remove the DPFE sensor from the bracket to replace or blow out.

Pictures from my truck won't do you any good-maybe someone else can chime in with a pic.

bma04ltng
02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks a bunch, I will take a look at it this weekend.

I am new to the Lightning stuff so maybe we can meet at a car show or something, will be good to put a face with some of the usernames.