PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hello to everyone

Rocks
11-27-2002, 12:05 AM
I am new to these forums and new to owning a Lightning. I have an 03 that is suppose to be in my garage by the week of christmas.
Production date on it is the week of 12/09/02. I don't know how my dealer plans on getting it from there to me in a few weeks, but I'm not *****ing(Hum, that word must not be allowed. How about complaining?) about it...LOL.

Rocks:beer:

99WhiteBeast
11-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard you're in for a wild ride:burnout:

Tony2000
11-27-2002, 12:15 AM
wasssssssssss up man
welcome to the club
I have an 2000 White:nana2 :nana2
what color is yours? :nana2 :nana2

Silver_2000
11-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Welcome rocks...

Send me an email and Ill give you the secrets of tracking your truck... BUT in 2000 it took longer for My truck to get to me from the Railroad in maine to my hands in Texas than it took to build it...

Doug

Rocks
11-27-2002, 12:25 AM
I ordered it in the fastest color...Black:d

Actually Doug,
I sent you an email on a different topic. Give me a call on Tuesday after the holidays if you can.

Oh heck, I just read your offer for tracking...LOl. The other issue was business, that issue is pleasure...I can handle that now.

Thanks for the welcome all. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone.

Red2002
11-27-2002, 12:32 AM
Welcome Rocks!

Silver_2000
11-27-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Rocks
I ordered it in the fastest color...Black:d
Actually Doug,
I sent you an email on a different topic. Give me a call on Tuesday after the holidays if you can.

Just sent you the tracking info ...

Doug

PS- My tired SILVER 2000 is faster ( and quicker ) than your Black 2003....
;)
Doug

Red2002
11-27-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
;)

:rolleyes: You'd be much faster (and quicker :D) if you'd lose about 40lbs of stickers. lol

I had a sticker made for you though. It says "Red ownz me".

Rocks
11-27-2002, 12:47 AM
Just sent you the tracking info ...

Doug

;)
Doug

Just think of how fast it would go if it were black with all those mods.:eek2:

Rocks

curtis75051
11-27-2002, 12:53 AM
congrads on the purchase

Red2002
11-27-2002, 12:55 AM
Just think of how fast it would go if it were black with all those mods.:eek2:

Rocks

Your 03 will have better carpet and a higher payload capacity. I wonder how much quicker that will make it? :)

What are your first planned mods, besides the 2" drop shackles? :p

Sixpipes
11-27-2002, 01:10 AM
Welcome Rocks. :cool:

You might want to join us in Hallsville on December 7th for a little fun. I'm sure you can hitch a ride if you want. :nana2

Rocks
11-27-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Red2002
Your 03 will have better carpet and a higher payload capacity. I wonder how much quicker that will make it? :)

What are your first planned mods, besides the 2" drop shackles? :p

I'm thinking 4# pulley, airbox, electric fans.

I am also real tempted to get all my spark plug holes, helicoiled?, I believe that is the right word, to avoid spitting one up later.

Clunk washers and the 2/4 drop is tempting also.

Torque converter is also right up there.

I am wanting to have at least all the above done before the end of next summer. Then it's on to pumping her up with some tuning and 6# pulley. At some point I want this truck to see 10.5 1/4 mile runs without blowing a rod out of the oil pan...LOL.

Rocks:nana2

Red2002
11-27-2002, 01:23 AM

At some point I want this truck to see 10.5 1/4 mile runs without blowing a rod out of the oil pan...LOL.

For some reason, it seems like I'm responsible for that mess over there. :) Glad to be of service...:rolleyes:

Rocks
11-27-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Red2002
For some reason, it seems like I'm responsible for that mess over there. :) Glad to be of service...:rolleyes:

So...it's your fault!!!!!:tongue:
I don't want to bring that mess here but it to darned bad the fighting had to keep all from learning what could be done to minimize the risks of this happening.

By the way...I am from the You gotta pay to play club...LOL.
I told the dealer I am buying from that I may have the quickest voided warranty they have ever experienced...he just laughed.

Rocks

Rocks
11-27-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Welcome Rocks. :cool:

You might want to join us in Hallsville on December 7th for a little fun. I'm sure you can hitch a ride if you want. :nana2

That sounds like it would be fun.
What...I can't race my LB SC? It's pretty fast...at least in the 17's.

Rocks

Silver_2000
11-27-2002, 09:15 AM
So thats the way it is huh taking shots at the decals ....

If all goes well Ill be racing the old heavy, over decaled Silver PIG this weekend and NEXT weekend. Whos gonna bring thier smack talk and thier slow ass black or red to see how slow they are ???

Talk is cheap...

I just have a chipnfilter...

The decals are responsible for the rest.

Doug

PS - I just decided - In order to participate in the forum in 2003 you MUST have an SVTLightnings.com sticker on your truck http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/decals/smalldecalclose450.jpg and you must send me a picture of the truck with the sticker installed

make fun of my decals will ya....

andy_cain
11-27-2002, 09:16 AM
Glad to see you made it....and EXCELLENT choice on a color....LOL, gotta love it.
Welcome aboard THE board:tu:

lerandell
11-27-2002, 10:36 AM
PS - I just decided - In order to participate in the forum in 2003 you MUST have an SVTLightnings.com sticker on your truck
Where can I get one of these stickers? how much of a HP increase can I expect? how about the TALON sticker also?
:burnout:

L8 APEX
11-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Though silvers are the fastest average for color in TALON:banana: The NA FLASH project should help the blacks out with some mid 11 second passes at Hallsville:bows

Moonshine
11-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Though silvers are the fastest average for color in TALON:banana: The NA FLASH project should help the blacks out with some mid 11 second passes at Hallsville:bows

Are they? :eek: I didn't know we had a fastest average color. Has anyone actually done the math on this?

Rocks, welcome to the menagerie. :tu:

If you make it to Hallsville you can see my tired, high mileage, plug puking, dirty, hay haulin', slow colored beast doing its' thing. :d

Rocks
11-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Are they? :eek: I didn't know we had a fastest average color. Has anyone actually done the math on this?

Rocks, welcome to the menagerie. :tu:

If you make it to Hallsville you can see my tired, high mileage, plug puking, dirty, hay haulin', slow colored beast doing its' thing. :d

So I see white is checking in with the "fastest" color.:nana2

Moonshine
11-27-2002, 01:40 PM
So I see white is checking in with the "fastest" color.:nana2

Nope, not laying any claims there, just didn't know silver was.

blueoval01
11-27-2002, 01:50 PM

Humm, I thought it was a well known fact ..... :rolleyes:
:D

Welcome to the board Rocks ... :tu:

Silver_2000
11-27-2002, 02:48 PM

I know that Silver is clearly the fastest and quickest ... At least it was on the way back from lunch....

Doug

lerandell
11-27-2002, 02:50 PM
I know that Silver is clearly the fastest and quickest ... At least it was on the way back from lunch....

Doug

LOL:D

99WhiteBeast
11-27-2002, 02:52 PM
White the fastest color- oh yea;)

Actually I probably the slowest truck in the club except for maybe jcblack:throw:

Dennis- are we giving trophies for mediocre RT's and slow ET's then I'm your huckleberry:tu:

Crawford
11-27-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
White the fastest color- oh yea;)

Actually I probably the slowest truck in the club except for maybe jcblack:throw:

Dennis- are we giving trophies for mediocre RT's and slow ET's then I'm your huckleberry:tu:

I think Justin Blackwell has the slowest L in TALON right now. :banana:
(I couldnt resist heheheh)

andy_cain
11-27-2002, 05:05 PM
:nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2

get used to this view.....

At least till I blow something up.....:hammer:

03LightningRocks
09-05-2005, 11:50 AM
LOL....I just saw this post. It was my first post on Talon. Even then I had the ability to get a thread stirred up.

I still haven't reached my goal of 10.5...but I plan to hit it y the end of this year.

Note to self.....immediately contact Terry Cole for a "secret weapon". Next on the list...Call out that slacker T. Hogge:throw: .