PDA

View Full Version : Assassin / 06 L

bluesvt
02-15-2007, 11:45 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-150-Assassin-S-C-H-O-Supercharged-1-of-150-460hp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6219QQihZ011QQite mZ320082513029QQrdZ1

Sorry an 07 but I like it, looks very nice and very similar to the concept L. Love the wheels too but for $58,140.00 seems a bit too much.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Looks badass..but expensive...those wheels are awesome!

wesman
02-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Looks ok...still just a pig with lipstick..it's a shame SVT has been nuetered :mad:

99WhiteBeast
02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
It still doesn't look as good as the SVT concept we saw 2 years ago:hammer:

Ohmsby
02-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Tell ya what bring me an F-150 and I'll give you #001 of our PWL race truck for an extra $30K

Are you kidding me this is insane you order the truck and then they mod it hell call Terry he'll do the same thing better for less dough

WA 2 FST
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Price is way too high, but if SVT would build this truck and put a MSRP on it of $40-42k it would sell out.

TXLIGHTNING
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Only 34lb injectors on a 460hp motor...?
ESV Performance Features

Ford Racing-Whipple twin-screw supercharger
FRPP-Whipple high flow aluminum lower intake manifold with equal-length runners
Aluminum air-to-water intercooler system
Fluidyne heat exchanger
FRPP Racing 34lb injectors
FRPP Racing spark plugs
FRPP Performance PCM calibration
High flow cold air induction system
S&B performance air filter
Dual side exit cat-back exhaust system w/ Magnaflow mufflers
Performance tuned suspension package (2" front coil springs, front struts, 4" rear leaf springs, rear shocks)
Pirelli P-Zero 305/40/22 Tires

Ohmsby
02-16-2007, 02:31 PM
it does have racing spark plugs :hammer:

tiffo60
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Only 34lb injectors on a 460hp motor...?
ESV Performance Features

Ford Racing-Whipple twin-screw supercharger
FRPP-Whipple high flow aluminum lower intake manifold with equal-length runners
Aluminum air-to-water intercooler system
Fluidyne heat exchanger
FRPP Racing 34lb injectors
FRPP Racing spark plugs
FRPP Performance PCM calibration
High flow cold air induction system
S&B performance air filter
Dual side exit cat-back exhaust system w/ Magnaflow mufflers
Performance tuned suspension package (2" front coil springs, front struts, 4" rear leaf springs, rear shocks)
Pirelli P-Zero 305/40/22 Tires

i doubt it but it could have 2 per cylinder like the GT, hard to tell from the pics

Tex Arcana
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
So, they basically put a Cervini's kit on it, some wheels, and some mods, and that's it.

I wonder what it would all cost if someone did it themselves?

TP Derrick D
02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I see most of you guys have never built a vehicle from ground up with all the necessary components to make it drivable & last. Try taking a base F-150 and exchange the interior,suspension,drivetrain, fuel system,body panels,wheels,etc and make 460 hp in a brick and give it a warranty. Don't be fooled by going to a Ford dealer or buying a 100,000 mile used Lightning and making it OK... No, try what I just described and lets see what you come up with. Wa 2 Fas should be more tuned in to what I'm talking about ,he's done it. How much have you got invested in your Vette to make it where it is, plus the cost of the car. I'm not calling you out on your car or anything Wes I just know you have done it a couple times and you should know what I'm talking about. I got a $60,000+ investment sittin in my garage that I can show and share with anyone that don't believe it and its still not finished.Got 3 inches worth of receipts tho.
Let the flaming begin...

Ohmsby
02-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I see most of you guys have never built a vehicle from ground up with all the necessary components to make it drivable & last. Try taking a base F-150 and exchange the interior,suspension,drivetrain, fuel system,body panels,wheels,etc and make 460 hp in a brick and give it a warranty. Don't be fooled by going to a Ford dealer or buying a 100,000 mile used Lightning and making it OK... No, try what I just described and lets see what you come up with. Wa 2 Fas should be more tuned in to what I'm talking about ,he's done it. How much have you got invested in your Vette to make it where it is, plus the cost of the car. I'm not calling you out on your car or anything Wes I just know you have done it a couple times and you should know what I'm talking about. I got a $60,000+ investment sittin in my garage that I can show and share with anyone that don't believe it and its still not finished.Got 3 inches worth of receipts tho.
Let the flaming begin...

I am :throw: the fact you buy the truck and then send it to them to spend an extra $30k in a month or so for what amounts to some modding and a body kit this is all bolt on stuff.

460 at the crank or the wheel who's dyno for that kinda money I need DATA

You are correct about building one it takes time and money but this truck is nothing special IMHO

WA 2 FST
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Derrick,

I agree 100% that there are no real shortcuts when trying to build something reliable _and_ extremely powerful, especially when you're willing to back it up with a warranty. There's a cost for "warranty" that none of us have to worry about when we build something ourselves.

That being said, I still think $58k is too much for the truck, though.

You're darn right I've been down this road before... several times (and this last time, I didn't build it with my own bare hands). I still think its too expensive. Like I said, price it in the low-$40s and it would sell... and I believe if Ford/SVT wanted to, they could build this truck for the price I'm referring to. :tu:

Let's don't even consider comparing Lingenfelter and a 220+mph capable offering of theirs to this truck.

TP Derrick D
02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Derrick,

I agree 100% that there are no real shortcuts when trying to build something reliable _and_ extremely powerful, especially when you're willing to back it up with a warranty. There's a cost for "warranty" that none of us have to worry about when we build something ourselves.

That being said, I still think $58k is too much for the truck, though.

You're darn right I've been down this road before... several times (and this last time, I didn't build it with my own bare hands). I still think its too expensive. Like I said, price it in the low-$40s and it would sell... and I believe if Ford/SVT wanted to, they could build this truck for the price I'm referring to. :tu:

Let's don't even consider comparing Lingenfelter and a 220+mph capable offering of theirs to this truck.

Right, but look @ the cost at other high performance trucks,(SRT 8, Joe Gibbs) you don't get anything much less. It seems as if everybody wants John Force performance but wants to pay Kia prices. like i said and you know take a vehicle change all the components that makes it capable and see how many $$$ it cost. I don't think a lot of these guys that are that truly into all it takes,seems like many just buy a Lightning and all of a sudden its the fastest thing going and if the components nescessary to get it to the next level are needed or used they aren't added to their cost. Brand new L- $30,000+, KB $5,000, fuel upgrades $1,000,suspension-???.. QA1's-$800, 20" wheels & tires-$3,500+... plus all other things I can name, its at what $45,000 now without the labor cost and the cost or R&D etc...you see where I'm going. Its a big different between a stock L and 460 reliable hp I'm just wondering if most of the guys here understand all that -vs- just buying, driving it & talking.. when you add up all the $$$ spent to get there,, that $58,000 may be a bargin with a warranty. That's why I like talking with you Wa 2 Fst, you got a clue:tu: I'm not up on the Lingerfelter truck but i'm sure its in a different class like Lingerfelter Vette -vs- Z06, come on now...no comparison

Ohmsby
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Read the warranty from Easlon it covers nothing except the parts installed and those parts void the Factory Warranty according to Ford

just a sample:
"This Warranty does not apply to damage caused by detonation, overheating, misuse, incorrect maintenance, incorrect maintenance, modification, abuse , racing or accidents"

and the vehicle must be delivered to them for warranty and inspection

sorry the kind of verbiage in this warranty means they have several ways not to be accountable with vague words like abuse in the warranty

I understand what you are saying about the true cost of performance and agree ( I have my own money pits)but this particular deal is not a good one IMHO

www.easlonperformance.com

Tex Arcana
02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Right, but look @ the cost at other high performance trucks,(SRT 8, Joe Gibbs) you don't get anything much less. It seems as if everybody wants John Force performance but wants to pay Kia prices. like i said and you know take a vehicle change all the components that makes it capable and see how many $$$ it cost. I don't think a lot of these guys that are that truly into all it takes,seems like many just buy a Lightning and all of a sudden its the fastest thing going and if the components nescessary to get it to the next level are needed or used they aren't added to their cost. Brand new L- $30,000+, KB $5,000, fuel upgrades $1,000,suspension-???.. QA1's-$800, 20" wheels & tires-$3,500+... plus all other things I can name, its at what $45,000 now without the labor cost and the cost or R&D etc...you see where I'm going. Its a big different between a stock L and 460 reliable hp I'm just wondering if most of the guys here understand all that -vs- just buying, driving it & talking.. when you add up all the $$$ spent to get there,, that $58,000 may be a bargin with a warranty. That's why I like talking with you Wa 2 Fst, you got a clue:tu: I'm not up on the Lingerfelter truck but i'm sure its in a different class like Lingerfelter Vette -vs- Z06, come on now...no comparison

So far, I'm up to $10,300 on the mods, not counting the suspension since you didn't list them. And you're a tad high on a "new" L, I think. Go for a new '06, base model, and you're looking at between $25k and $30k, depending (DISCLAIMER: i tried researching a base model 2dr F150 with the 5.4, but according to Edmunds, they don't make those unless they're the FX model with 4wd. :hammer:), and now we're looking at most $40.3k, maybe $43k with basic suspension mods. KBs now are maybe $2500, you don't have to have QA1s, can use stockers, so we're looking at saving $3200 right off, which goes into the body kit, and we're back to $43k-ish.

Of course, as Wes said, Ford could produce the G3 L for right around $40k and not lose a dime, because what THEY pay for parts and labor will *always* beat what we can get it for, period--especially over a 3000-5000 unit run.

bluesvt
02-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Nevermind did not read all of Tex's post. I was going to point out as well they pay a lot less than we would for parts and labor.

TP Derrick D
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
You don't like it, that's your business, think it cost to much, that also is your business but you got to be in the game to play the game and I see some are not in the game. Tex, I don't know how much you paid for your truck or even if you bought it new but the average L sold for more than $30,000. Now sure, some may have paid less with X-plans, the neighbor's cousin own a dealership discount or what ever but still the average L NEW cost around $30,000+. Now take that and add your $10,000(do you have wheels & tires?) and you're still over $40,000 and the way you sound I guess you didn't count the suspension you done but i did put it in the equation w/ ??? for $$$ because it could vary person to person. There was a lot I didn't put in there that adds up quick...e-water pump, heat x-changer,long tubes, on & on ,etc and all the necessary items it takes to go from stock L to 460hp without it going up in oil & rods. I've blown a few trying to short cut or max out something myself so I know the deal'
Now do anyone have to have this or that as you put it about the QA1's.. well i guess not but the guys are doing it so I'm showing if you add all the $$$ spend on L's to reach the level the owner wants ,it will reach near the $58,000. By the way a base model will not give you the interior & SVT items found on a Lightning -vs- a base F-150. And along the KB for $2,500... what a used one? If that's all they cost everybody would be rolling them. A Vortec S-trim robbed me of $3,100 ten years ago so I know they along w/ KB's are more now. Someone mentioned only 460 @ the crank, so...what good is a billion hp when its unusable on a daily basis. The mighty & untouchable Z06 is only 505 and the regular C6 is only 400. But anyway its a neverending debate, you like what you like,others like what they like,I like what I like. Is any vehicle worth that amount? A vehicle is only worth to an individual what he is willing to pay. It always the same, anything that looks or matchs the L it becomes a threat to L owners and there's noway any truck without Lightning VIN can be faster ,better looking or liked more than a Lightning right. I hope that Ford make the Gen III L because I want to see the cost,hp and looks just to see what happens since it will cost to much,not have enough hp and will look dog-ugly according to some posts on here.

wesman
02-17-2007, 04:09 PM
I've built several cars/trucks in my time and that's what makes me say this thing is way overpriced.....because I *DO* know what it takes to make something like this happen.

Ohmsby
02-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I would love to see a gen 3

TXLIGHTNING
02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I sent the guy a email about the small injectors and this was his reply..... Thank you for bringing the injector concern to my attention. Just as you question, I said to myself that 34lb injectors sound small for that much power when I normaly see 36 or 38lb injectors associated with those power levels. Well here is one better my man. Your question forced me to double check my information before responding to you. I just got off the phone with the manufacturer and after further R&D they call it, they found that the 34lb injectors were unessary to run the system and produce those horsepower numbers so the system now rely on just the oem injectors. The system with the oem injectors is dyno proven by the manufacturer to acually produce 463.5 flywheel horsepower and 415 rear wheel horsepower.

I also learned one other thing as well and I have you to thank for that. Since I posted my information they upgraded the injectors on the mustang systems to 38lb injectors.

Thank you again and I will be updating that info on my website and ebay just as soon as I click send! Of course I can't update the info on the F150 auction because someone has already placed a bid.

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to contact us!

Thank you,
Clinton

Tex Arcana
02-17-2007, 08:53 PM
You don't like it, that's your business, think it cost to much, that also is your business but you got to be in the game to play the game and I see some are not in the game. Tex, I don't know how much you paid for your truck or even if you bought it new but the average L sold for more than $30,000. Now sure, some may have paid less with X-plans, the neighbor's cousin own a dealership discount or what ever but still the average L NEW cost around $30,000+. Now take that and add your $10,000(do you have wheels & tires?) and you're still over $40,000 and the way you sound I guess you didn't count the suspension you done but i did put it in the equation w/ ??? for $$$ because it could vary person to person. There was a lot I didn't put in there that adds up quick...e-water pump, heat x-changer,long tubes, on & on ,etc and all the necessary items it takes to go from stock L to 460hp without it going up in oil & rods. I've blown a few trying to short cut or max out something myself so I know the deal'
Now do anyone have to have this or that as you put it about the QA1's.. well i guess not but the guys are doing it so I'm showing if you add all the $$$ spend on L's to reach the level the owner wants ,it will reach near the $58,000. By the way a base model will not give you the interior & SVT items found on a Lightning -vs- a base F-150. And along the KB for $2,500... what a used one? If that's all they cost everybody would be rolling them. A Vortec S-trim robbed me of $3,100 ten years ago so I know they along w/ KB's are more now. Someone mentioned only 460 @ the crank, so...what good is a billion hp when its unusable on a daily basis. The mighty & untouchable Z06 is only 505 and the regular C6 is only 400. But anyway its a neverending debate, you like what you like,others like what they like,I like what I like. Is any vehicle worth that amount? A vehicle is only worth to an individual what he is willing to pay. It always the same, anything that looks or matchs the L it becomes a threat to L owners and there's noway any truck without Lightning VIN can be faster ,better looking or liked more than a Lightning right. I hope that Ford make the Gen III L because I want to see the cost,hp and looks just to see what happens since it will cost to much,not have enough hp and will look dog-ugly according to some posts on here.

What I gave for my truck: depends on how you look at it. Base price: $24k. After trade: $11k. Nice to have a wife who works for the dealer. :cool:

No, I did not get wheels/tires, I liked what I had.

$50k is alot to pay for nearly any vehicle, unless you've got the money to burn (Wes :tongue: j/k), you have have a raging hard-on for it--which, yes, did happen to a few of us.

Truth is, cost and value are relative. Relative to what Ford could have/should have done with the G3 Lightning, $50k is too much: we all know they could've done it for between $35k and $40k fairly easily.

Something that bothers me, tho: you keep using the base price of a Lightning as the basis cost for this vehicle, which is incorrect. You need to be using the basis cost of a base-level F150 2-dr with the Flareside short bed, with a 5.4L V8. Sure, Edmunds didn't come up with anything similar for 2007, and it keeps wanting to call 2006's "used", but a call to Ford would likely get a person the chance to spec out just such a vehicle, and certainly not for $30k. The rest of it, depends on volume: if you're doing the volume, and have the pricing relationship, you get the parts for significantly less than retail; otherwise, it ends up at $50k+ and no one buys it. :(

This is a nice discussion, but the fact remains that you're still bidding on a prettified F150, not an actual Lightning; if it's worth it to you, by all means do it. But you konw as well as we do tht it doens't have that intangible that makes a Lightning a Lightning. ;)

Ohmsby
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I sent the guy a email about the small injectors and this was his reply..... Thank you for bringing the injector concern to my attention. Just as you question, I said to myself that 34lb injectors sound small for that much power when I normaly see 36 or 38lb injectors associated with those power levels. Well here is one better my man. Your question forced me to double check my information before responding to you. I just got off the phone with the manufacturer and after further R&D they call it, they found that the 34lb injectors were unessary to run the system and produce those horsepower numbers so the system now rely on just the oem injectors. The system with the oem injectors is dyno proven by the manufacturer to acually produce 463.5 flywheel horsepower and 415 rear wheel horsepower.

I also learned one other thing as well and I have you to thank for that. Since I posted my information they upgraded the injectors on the mustang systems to 38lb injectors.

Thank you again and I will be updating that info on my website and ebay just as soon as I click send! Of course I can't update the info on the F150 auction because someone has already placed a bid.

If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to contact us!

Thank you,
Clinton

Sounds like the guy knows his chit, I think I'll order one on Monday. The ad said I could have it in RED.

did anyone read the warranty? better read the "detonation" clause

TXLIGHTNING
02-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Sounds like the guy knows his chit,

did anyone read the warranty? better read the "detonation" clause More like full of chit. :D

TP Derrick D
02-18-2007, 02:19 PM
What I gave for my truck: depends on how you look at it. Base price: $24k. After trade: $11k. Nice to have a wife who works for the dealer. :cool:

No, I did not get wheels/tires, I liked what I had.

$50k is alot to pay for nearly any vehicle, unless you've got the money to burn (Wes :tongue: j/k), you have have a raging hard-on for it--which, yes, did happen to a few of us.

Truth is, cost and value are relative. Relative to what Ford could have/should have done with the G3 Lightning, $50k is too much: we all know they could've done it for between $35k and $40k fairly easily.

Something that bothers me, tho: you keep using the base price of a Lightning as the basis cost for this vehicle, which is incorrect. You need to be using the basis cost of a base-level F150 2-dr with the Flareside short bed, with a 5.4L V8. Sure, Edmunds didn't come up with anything similar for 2007, and it keeps wanting to call 2006's "used", but a call to Ford would likely get a person the chance to spec out just such a vehicle, and certainly not for $30k. The rest of it, depends on volume: if you're doing the volume, and have the pricing relationship, you get the parts for significantly less than retail; otherwise, it ends up at $50k+ and no one buys it. :(

This is a nice discussion, but the fact remains that you're still bidding on a prettified F150, not an actual Lightning; if it's worth it to you, by all means do it. But you konw as well as we do tht it doens't have that intangible that makes a Lightning a Lightning. ;)

Tex, no its not incorrect because I am talking about a Lightning that you , me and others on here change & mod....if you,or me and anyone else on here add up all the cost they have spent it could very well equal that amount. As a matter of fact there was a threat that asked how much "YOU" have invested in your L. $40,000,$50,000 or more.....do a search...it don't have to be VIN'd a Lightning to be fast,look good or be liked by general public(or even Lightning owners)...only us "Lightning is king "nuts feel that way. As many people I have met that wouldn't pay a dime for one or don't see the "Lightning rage" like we do. Using your words a Lightning is nothing more than a prettified F-150. There are millions that don't care about the name,only the looks or whatever it is that draws them to it. Look at the Escalade or even the Navigator nothing special,not a fast vehicle,nothing special but they cost as much as a Jeep SRT8 so go ahead and say apples & oranges or whatever but it won't change the fact that the Cadillac & Lincoln
wipe the "fast" Jeep off the map in sales. If you want something "special" get a Saleen S7 or Ford GT because if a Lightning was that special believe me they wouldn't be showing up on some back lot on Division Street in Arlington. Don't get me wrong I really,really ,really like my truck or I wouldn't have had it for 6 years but I'm not so blinded or stupid to say or believe there's not something equal or better,faster or "more prettified" than my F-150 Lightning...Lightning VIN or not.

dboat
02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
As a matter of fact there was a threat that asked how much "YOU" have invested in your L. $40,000,$50,000 or more.....do a search...

That would be a thread started by me... just to help you when you do the search on the search engine. :D

wesman
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Sounds like the guy knows his chit, I think I'll order one on Monday. The ad said I could have it in RED.

did anyone read the warranty? better read the "detonation" clause

38's even seem small. Keep in mine the L comes with 42's stock:tex

bluesvt
02-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Tex, no its not incorrect because I am talking about a Lightning that you , me and others on here change & mod....if you,or me and anyone else on here add up all the cost they have spent it could very well equal that amount. As a matter of fact there was a threat that asked how much "YOU" have invested in your L. $40,000,$50,000 or more.....do a search...it don't have to be VIN'd a Lightning to be fast,look good or be liked by general public(or even Lightning owners)...only us "Lightning is king "nuts feel that way. As many people I have met that wouldn't pay a dime for one or don't see the "Lightning rage" like we do. Using your words a Lightning is nothing more than a prettified F-150. There are millions that don't care about the name,only the looks or whatever it is that draws them to it. Look at the Escalade or even the Navigator nothing special,not a fast vehicle,nothing special but they cost as much as a Jeep SRT8 so go ahead and say apples & oranges or whatever but it won't change the fact that the Cadillac & Lincoln
wipe the "fast" Jeep off the map in sales. If you want something "special" get a Saleen S7 or Ford GT because if a Lightning was that special believe me they wouldn't be showing up on some back lot on Division Street in Arlington. Don't get me wrong I really,really ,really like my truck or I wouldn't have had it for 6 years but I'm not so blinded or stupid to say or believe there's not something equal or better,faster or "more prettified" than my F-150 Lightning...Lightning VIN or not.

Correct me if I am wrong Tex, but I believe you are trying to say for that Assassin truck it is too much $$$. Lightnings were not even a part in figuring if that truck is to much or not. Like Tex said get the 06 or 07 base line V-8 f-150 and go from there and see what you come up with. :tu:

Tex Arcana
02-18-2007, 07:43 PM

To me, a "special" vehicle is one that was done by the factory--so, the line of Cobras are special, the Bullitts, the Mach1s, the GT... and, of course, our Lightnings. What makes them special is that the factory engineered them and created them, so out of the box they're "better" than your run-of-the-mill vehicle. Sure, any one of us could take a stocker and make it run stronger, faster, etc. than a stock L; it's the intangible that comes from being a "production" vehicle from the manufacturer that takes it that one extra step.

So what sets our Ls apart from this eBay on-off is just that: it's a one-off, something anyone with a garage and money could make; it's not a production vehicle.

I'm surprised like you that L's don't get stolen more; then again, they're understated enough to escape notice. But that doesn't make them any less desirable or command any less: that used Ls are going for $20-$25k is a testament to how well they hold their value.

The investment in *my* vehicle is actually quite low, compared to many of you. But, to me, the vehicle itself is priceless, and I have absolutely no plans to sell it, ever. When I get tired of modding it, I'll decide where to take it mod-wise, and then use it occasionally.

I think where you're missing the point is the difference between a "factory" limited-edition vehicle, and a one-off. Again, "value" is in the eye of the beholder; but if you watch the true concours-level auctions, rarity of a production vehicle far outstrips that of a one-off.

And if you like the eBay f150, by all means get it, don't let any of US stop you. enjoy it, have fun, but don't have any unfounded expectations, especially in value over time, unless this outfit makes alot of them, AND they get real popular real quick--then you can tell us that we're the doofuses. :tongue:

Tex Arcana
02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Correct me if I am wrong Tex, but I believe you are trying to say for that Assassin truck it is too much $$$. Lightnings were not even a part in figuring if that truck is to much or not. Like Tex said get the 06 or 07 base line V-8 f-150 and go from there and see what you come up with. :tu:

I'm saying for a vehicle that's a one-off, that has no factory warranty, from a company with no reputation in the performance Ford world (that I know of), that I'd be hard pressed to justify buying it, especially for that money. Given what I know went into it, I'd be more inclined to build my own off a stock F150 base model--at least that way I'd *know* what quality of work went into it.

TP Derrick D
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
To me, a "special" vehicle is one that was done by the factory--so, the line of Cobras are special, the Bullitts, the Mach1s, the GT... and, of course, our Lightnings. What makes them special is that the factory engineered them and created them, so out of the box they're "better" than your run-of-the-mill vehicle. Sure, any one of us could take a stocker and make it run stronger, faster, etc. than a stock L; it's the intangible that comes from being a "production" vehicle from the manufacturer that takes it that one extra step.

So what sets our Ls apart from this eBay on-off is just that: it's a one-off, something anyone with a garage and money could make; it's not a production vehicle.

I'm surprised like you that L's don't get stolen more; then again, they're understated enough to escape notice. But that doesn't make them any less desirable or command any less: that used Ls are going for $20-$25k is a testament to how well they hold their value.

The investment in *my* vehicle is actually quite low, compared to many of you. But, to me, the vehicle itself is priceless, and I have absolutely no plans to sell it, ever. When I get tired of modding it, I'll decide where to take it mod-wise, and then use it occasionally.

I think where you're missing the point is the difference between a "factory" limited-edition vehicle, and a one-off. Again, "value" is in the eye of the beholder; but if you watch the true concours-level auctions, rarity of a production vehicle far outstrips that of a one-off.

And if you like the eBay f150, by all means get it, don't let any of US stop you. enjoy it, have fun, but don't have any unfounded expectations, especially in value over time, unless this outfit makes alot of them, AND they get real popular real quick--then you can tell us that we're the doofuses. :tongue:

Yeah Tex I'm back, was off board a couple days.
Tell me ,do you know Boyd Cottington, or Chip Foose.. they build "one off" vehicles as you say and they command BIG $$$....yeah I know they are famous and all...OK, have you heard of Callaway,Hennessey....what about Don Yenko,George Hurst, Baldwin Motion....those companies also produced one offs....ever heard of Jack Roush, Steve Saleen, what about Katech?...All of these companies started out with one offs..some of them are very reputatble & well known now....some are out of business because the founder passed away....my point is with Callaway & Hennessey you take your Vette & Viper drop it off, they do their magic and wham...you got a much improved car over factory....now their $$$$ for doing it will set you back a few beers but you got something way,way over factory. You're right about an unknow company but the ones I named were once unknown...Steve Saleen almost went out of biz in the mid-late 90's. But hey talk about dropping your vehicle off to get something done, that's what you do when you take it to Terry right?Or JDM, or JLP. Hey Tex if you think its too $$$ and all you said I understand but since I am not :eek2: ,:eek: googly eyed or awed by factory vehicles they just plain & factory to me. Now some factory vehicles are a step up...Lightning,Cobra,Camaro SS, Z06,Viper...but I'm only awed by ultra vehicles....where the factory vehicle is taken and the factory stuff is trashed and replaced....that's why I like Saleens,Roush,Callaway, Hennessey and more.....but hey man I'm sure I'm way more into the game than you....I tell my friends I have a PHD in car(Street,street rods,car shows,NASCAR,NHRA,IRL,CART etc) also NBA & NFL...I actually "study" and be "in class" when I'm at car shows,the race track, watching Speed, ESPN & ESPN 2, History Channel,TLC & Discovery...been to 100's of carshows and talked to 1000's of people about their car/truck....read 1000's of magazines..got 14 years of Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords in binders by year in the garage,..same thing with 9 years of 5.0 Mustang, along with a variety of other former subscriptions...Car & Driver,Motor Trend,Mustang Monthly....not only that but trophies from various car/truck shows Fun Ford, Lfest, several local Ford dealers & a local high school....don't mention the car/trucks in my garage...just recently restored an '82 Vette wifey bought new, my '95 Mustang that's over $62,000 & counting, and finally my award winning L....now that don't include the cars I sold and lost $$$ on. anyway I said all that to say I play the car game hard so you gonna have to come strong,real strong if you want to convince me,buying a Lightning or any car, putting slicks on and running don't the 1/4 mile won't cut it, got to have more to get your PHD,because I'm way past the GED level.

bluesvt
02-23-2007, 03:18 PM
:ron: I have an award winning L too and it's basically stock. No money needed to mod or make it bad ass to win 3 trophies. :evil

wesman
02-23-2007, 03:27 PM
GED level.

hahaha :rll::rll::throw:

BC Lightning
02-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Tell me ,do you know Boyd Cottington, or Chip Foose.. they build "one off" vehicles as you say and they command BIG $$$....yeah I know they are famous and all...OK, have you heard of Callaway,Hennessey....what about Don Yenko,George Hurst, Baldwin Motion....those companies also produced one offs....ever heard of Jack Roush, Steve Saleen, what about Katech?...

Don't know where the others are from, but Carrol Shelby is from Irving, TX, just thought I'd share :d

TP Derrick D
02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Don't know where the others are from, but Carrol Shelby is from Irving, TX, just thought I'd share :d

yeah Mike, I know he was from from Tx, just not the area..In the show "American Muscle" they describe him as a "tall drink of water Texan"..its the show where they talk about how he asked GM for the money to build a car and was turned down...went to Ford got the money and built the cars we know as GT-40's and Daytona Coupes and beat the European cars in 24 hours of LeMans. He is one of my all time faves..with his Shelby GT500 & GT500KTR(King of The Road) not that fond of the GT350's..but its too long to go into the history of them and his diagreement with Ford management about the 350's.Got anymore good info??...I take great pride in knowning as much as I can so I can have a conversation with the best of them without worrying I'm just yapping & talking out the side of my neck. That's how me and some more of my boyz in the hood start using the PHD reference to describe the above & beyond knowledge of a subject -vs- the basic or GED level. Thats why I had to give my PHD in mackology up when I got married....

BC Lightning
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
yeah Mike, I know he was from from Tx, just not the area...............Got anymore good info??...

Only other personal info I have on Shelby is my buddy Trevor and I got to go to his shop when Paul SR and Paul JR delivered the Shelby GT-500 Chopper to him after the SEMA show a few years ago, the 67 GT500 Trevors friend has is sick and its an original

It made me sick that my computer crashed a few months ago and I lost all my pics, including pics with Paul Jr and Sr, me with Carrol Shelby, and me sitting on the bike

Tex Arcana
02-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm just yapping & talking out the side of my neck.

:rll: you knw that's gonna come back and haunt ya... :rll:

TP Derrick D
02-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Only other personal info I have on Shelby is my buddy Trevor and I got to go to his shop when Paul SR and Paul JR delivered the Shelby GT-500 Chopper to him after the SEMA show a few years ago, the 67 GT500 Trevors friend has is sick and its an original

It made me sick that my computer crashed a few months ago and I lost all my pics, including pics with Paul Jr and Sr, me with Carrol Shelby, and me sitting on the bike

Are you talking about Unique over in Farmers Branch? If so, I saw several of the pictures on the wall there when I took a tour of the shop in summer '06.
watched as they build that bike on American Chopper.
Tex, I don't think I will ever just yap or talk out the side of my neck because I made a promise to myself years ago not to post or yap about any subject I have no knowledge of..that's why I don't post on a lot of threads that don't matter to me or I'm not knowledgable above the GED level on.

Tex Arcana
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Tex, I don't think I will ever just yap or talk out the side of my neck because I made a promise to myself years ago not to post or yap about any subject I have no knowledge of..that's why I don't post on a lot of threads that don't matter to me or I'm not knowledgable above the GED level on.

I disagree with this: how can anyone learn if they don't discuss? I'm perfectly willing to discuss anything (when it's a real discussion and none of Rocks' sniping the discussion into the ground), and listen to anyone's point of view, because that's how I learn. :)

BC Lightning
02-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Are you talking about Unique over in Farmers Branch? If so, I saw several of the pictures on the wall there when I took a tour of the shop in summer '06.
watched as they build that bike on American Chopper.

You are correct sir :tu: same bike they built on the show, it was delivered to Shelby at the shop after the SEMA show.

TP Derrick D
02-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I disagree with this: how can anyone learn if they don't discuss? I'm perfectly willing to discuss anything (when it's a real discussion and none of Rocks' sniping the discussion into the ground), and listen to anyone's point of view, because that's how I learn. :)

true, I agree about the learning part, I just read and learn from others and MAYBE,...MAYBE ask a question if I'm interested in a answer. What I'm talking about is being a know it all type person. I've seen & hear them,work with a guy like that, got an uncle like that and I know how I laugh at some of the stuff that come up.The guy I work with always got to do one better than anything/anyone. Always says "oh, that ain't nothing, I...yap,yap,yap...
we never know what to believe so bacially its decided believe nothing, he just want to be the "star" of any show. For me its like stuff I never had any interest in or really not interested in...for example, on here there are a lot of talk about guns,...all I know are the weapons I was trained on in the Army and my personal faves...a 9,a 357 & a snub nose 12 gauge pump w/ pistol grip aka a Trenchclearer. All else I don't know or really care about so I don't yap about it. I don't hunt, or care about muzzle velocity of a 30.06 or any other safari rifle. That's all I'm talking about when it comes to me yapping.