PDA

View Full Version : Charity Cruise for Kids

Dean!
11-30-2002, 02:35 PM
[Doug: Can we put a sticky on this ?]

Hello all,

Some friends of mine at CTC Motorsports are organizing a Charity Cruise for Kids on December 14 to benefit the Columbia Children's Medical Center. I'll likely be driving a dark green/grey Impala SS !

They want nice cars only - so wanted me to post this on the Lightning list. (And Mercury Marauders, too :) )

Here's the website: http://www.ctcmotorsports.com/cruiseforkids.php

It's for a great cause, no passing allowed during the caravan, press coverage, nice enjoyable Saturday drive for the whole family.

They are limiting it to the first 60 cars, but there has not been a lot of participants signing up - so if you are interested, just post here and I'll give them a general number by December 9.

If you can't do the Cruise, you can still help by sending toy donations, as detailed on the website.

Thank you!
Dean!

Dean!
11-30-2002, 02:36 PM
....and don't forget your two-way radios !!!

Should be a lot of fun!

Red2002
11-30-2002, 04:00 PM
LMAO! CTC built two of my friend's cars. Very, very nice work, but they didn't even know what a Lightning was when I pulled up. :rolleyes:

Being a premiere import tuner/builder shop, I thought they'd seen The Fast and The Furious. :)

Dean!
11-30-2002, 04:07 PM
They know about them now, because of me. I pulled on one of their customer's "12 second" AWD Turbo car! :)

That same guy ended up purchasing a Lightning - I should get commission or something - forcing people to buy trucks that beat their car... :D

How's that for a bet? If my truck beats you, you have to buy one - well, because you're going to WANT to buy one...

Red2002
11-30-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Dean!
They know about them now, because of me. I pulled on one of their customer's "12 second" AWD Turbo car! :)

That same guy ended up purchasing a Lightning - I should get commission or something - forcing people to buy trucks that beat their car... :D

How's that for a bet? If my truck beats you, you have to buy one - well, because you're going to WANT to buy one...

What was the guy's name that bought the truck? CTC doesn't mess around with slow vehicles....

Surely they'll build the Lightning to the hilt.

Logan
11-30-2002, 05:52 PM
I'll bring the Cougar... It's much more badass than a Marauder... Count me in.

Dean!
11-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Excellent - the more the merrier.

Oh and yes CTC does make fast cars, but a 16 or 17second VW that now runs 12's or 13's - is fast for what it used to run.

A 15second Eclipse that's modded to run 11's on race gas is pretty fast too.

A 15second Eclipse that's modded to go 13's on pump gas is fast - for what it used to be.

They have Supras that have crazy power that they can't put it down - the long running joke is - what does a 300hp Supra and a 600hp Supra have in common ??? A 12 second time slip !!! :)

Now our Lightnings - we're at mid-13's and are being modded to be only a half a second or just a second faster - reliably (average). These "other" cars are knocking 4-5 seconds off their times! So, relatively - that's fast. That's like us running 9's in the quarter mile !!

But no worries, they cater to some very nice vehicles and they refuse to sell ricer parts - so, don't worry about seeing any Hondas on this cruise. :)

Red2002
11-30-2002, 06:36 PM
[B]Excellent - the more the merrier.

Oh and yes CTC does make fast cars, but a 16 or 17second VW that now runs 12's or 13's - is fast for what it used to run.

Sounds like Jeremy's car. Black GTI, put down 392whp in a 2600lb car. Traps low to mid-120's. Quick car, I've got video of him pulling a bolt-on Viper to 160mph on GB 190.

They have Supras that have crazy power that they can't put it down - the long running joke is - what does a 300hp Supra and a 600hp Supra have in common ??? A 12 second time slip !!! :)

Sounds exactly like the joke I told Wayne and Kyle. :) My friend Randy's Supra laid down 682rwhp and 599 ft./pds with no spray. I posted here about it a few months ago. He can put it down too. Edit: He ran a 10.79@138mph two Friday's ago, right before he crashed it into someone's front yard. Wheel and suspension damage. Badly needs the driver mod. :)

Maybe I'll see ya over there sometime. Glad you edumacated 'em. http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-37953.gif

Red2002
11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
....and about the cruise. Being a broke student, I could barely afford the gas over there much less a present. What kind of things are they looking for? I've got some Burago and Maisto 1:18 scale models (unopened) here at the house that might work. Mark me down as 'tentative'.

Dean!
11-30-2002, 06:42 PM
I'll buy your gas and toy donation if you do this cruise and can bring some more vehicles. (Supras, Lightnings, Cobras, Vipers, etc...)

It's for a very good cause. Should be a lot of fun !

Red2002
11-30-2002, 08:29 PM
I'll buy your gas and toy donation if you do this cruise and can bring some more vehicles. (Supras, Lightnings, Cobras, Vipers, etc...)

I greatly appreciate the generous offer, but it won't be necessary. I'll send you a PM later in the week to firm up plans.

99WhiteBeast
12-01-2002, 06:58 PM
Dean,
I met up with you in Hallet a few months back. Count me in sounds like a great cause and fun too:tu:
Steve

wesman
12-02-2002, 10:07 PM

It's for a very good cause. Should be a lot of fun !

Would a 350Z be welcome ?

I don't think my L will be working by then :(

--wes

99WhiteBeast
12-02-2002, 10:50 PM
I would consider the 350Z a "nice car" to say the least:tu:
:d

Dean!
12-03-2002, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone - I have them recorded for the official list - because it is looking like they won't hit their 60 car limit...

A 350Z would be awesome - this is a Lightning forum and I'll be in an Impala SS...doh!!!

Just remember price of admission to the cruise is a toy donation and if you can't participate - toy donations will be accepted at anytime at CTC Motorsports - or heck, I'll come pick 'em up and deliver them for ya. CTC is on Floyd Circle in Richardson - more detail info in the first post in this thread. Only gotcha on the donations is that they must be in original packaging for infectious control reasons - makes sense.

If I get more detail besides what is on the website, I'll definitely post here.

Thanks again!!

L8 APEX
12-03-2002, 01:25 AM
I may even take the Vette out in daylight for this:eek2: It sounds much better than the L:twitch:

Sixpipes
12-03-2002, 08:51 AM
It's on my calendar. :cool:

spdfreak11
12-03-2002, 07:25 PM
Dean,

If work isn't keeping me you can count me in . . . :tu:

Jason

spdfreak11
12-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Dean,

I'll be able to make it . . .count me in! Realized I won't be (shouldn't be) working that day.

Jason

98Cobra
12-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Dean, I am in for this, do I need to still RSVP on the site or just tell you?

Dean!
12-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. If you've posted to here, that's good enough - I'm passing the info to their event coordinator.

So far nothing has changed since the first post - plan is still to meet at CTC Motorsports on Saturday - the website should have an address and directions. The only exception is construction..I think the MidPark exit is closed - so you'll need to take Spring Valley or so...shouldn't be too hard to find, right off the 75 feeder roads...then on Flyod Circle.

The first time I went there - Floyd Circle really is a circle - you'll have to drive around the circle until you see their sign on their building - plus the 50 something cars and people standing around. :)

Don't forget your Toy Donation and Two-Way Radios if you have some...You can get two Motorola talk abouts with 2 mile ranges for like $30....

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE !

Logan
12-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Won't be able to make it now, just found out I've got people flying into town Saturday morning... :(

Dean!
12-12-2002, 06:42 PM
Just poking my head in here to say, all is still a go - rain or ice or shine, all systems go.

I wouldn't wrap your toy donation, for no other reason in that Columbia Medical Center will need to categorize it and sort it out and make sure it's acceptable - whatever that means ? (No Al-Qaeda dolls or butterfly knives or anything! ;) )

I washed my car last night, hehe, and it rained all day today. I'll try again tomorrow. :)

See y'all there....

Dean!
12-13-2002, 07:29 PM
OK, my last post to this thread - DOUG, you can delete this anytime after Sunday....

Went over to CTC last night, supposedly a record 75 vehicles are signed up for the cruise.

I think we have 7 Lightning trucks - from this board and some that don't know about this board!

I'll be in a dark green/grey 94 Impala SS clone with a non-clear-coat paint job.

Spoke to the event coordinator and she said, "Don't wrap it." (THE TOYS, people, THE TOYS....)

Just like the website on the first post says....9am at CTC.

Coming FROM the NORTH on I-75, I took the Spring Valley exit, did a U-turn at MIDPARK (SINCE THIS EXIT IS CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION CURRENTLY) and proceeded north on the feeder road right past Texas Instruments.

The next right (next to Shell Station) was Prestonwood, went past Sherman road, and turned left on Floyd Circle (the next light). Took the circle all the way back around (almost like the shape of a fishing hook) to get there. You can park at a number of places across the street.....

See ya there at 9am for check in, driver's meeting at 9:30am...on the road by 10am.

Thanks for everyone's help!
- Dean!

L8 APEX
12-13-2002, 08:19 PM
I am making some last minute suspension changes but I will be there:tu: A word about drivinig on R compound pads, they don't last for $hit on the street. About 3k and these are going... I am going up 150 lbs on the front coils, they are a little high now but should settle plus some...