PDA

View Full Version : Ethanol free Gasoline?

L-Fever
03-03-2007, 05:44 PM
We have all been worried about gasohol and detonation issues lately, I was thinking, maybe we could try to locate gas stations adjacent/close to metroplex that may sell ethanol "free" 93 octane. Here are the Texas counties that participate in the Ethanol program:

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implementation/air/mobilesource/vetech/rfgprog.html#rfg2

Texas Counties Required to Use RFG

The Houston-Galveston nonattainment area is required by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 to use RFG. This eight-county area includes Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller counties. The Dallas-Fort Worth nonattainment area voluntarily opted into the RFG Program. This four-county area includes Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant counties.
__________________________________________________ _____________

So finding the Texas counties that sell the "good stuff" might be helpful if worth the extra drive or is it a complete waste of time?

According to Larry, Nuhklz, you can purchase ethanol free 93 in Johnson County(Burleson area).
Other surrounding counties:
Johnson-available
Cooke
Grayson
Parker
Wise
Ellis
Kaufman
Hunt
Fannin

99WhiteBeast
03-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Picked up ethanol free in Kaufman county over the weekend. Thought it make the damn low RPM stumble I have go away-but no:hammer:

bluesvt
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
If I get bad gas and my truck explodes can I get them to buy me a new engine??? I know of this happening once already with a brand new Mustang GT. I sure would like a new engine and I have been getting a lot of bad gas lately, just need to keep reciepts and prove it was from them. It has been detonating like no ones business today and picked up some 101 and it stopped (this was on my cold tune in 70+ degree weather). :hammer:

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
If I get bad gas and my truck explodes can I get them to buy me a new engine??? I know of this happening once already with a brand new Mustang GT. I sure would like a new engine and I have been getting a lot of bad gas lately, just need to keep reciepts and prove it was from them. It has been detonating like no ones business today and picked up some 101 and it stopped (this was on my cold tune in 70+ degree weather). :hammer: Where did you get the 101? The same thing was happening to me and I pulled some timing from the low and mid rpm level and it stopped.

bluesvt
03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Where did you get the 101? The same thing was happening to me and I pulled some timing from the low and mid rpm level and it stopped.

Speedtek, it's right by my house. It was an awesome $8.00 a gallon but stopped the detonating completely.