PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need 9005, 9006 bulbs?

Cartel
03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a pair of 9005 silverstar ultra and 9006 regular silverstar bulbs if anyone wants them. I bought both 9005 and H3 bulbs for my fogs and they ended up being H3 so I dont need the 9005's. The 9006 are left over from an old car I had and never ended up using them. I get them for next to nothing at work so whoever wants them can have them. Just shoot me your addy ill mail them out and once i send them ill tell you how much shipping was and just send me a check for that much. First come first serve because I only have one pair of each. Still new in box.

GoldLS1
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
So which fogs are right for ___ yr truck...

Cartel
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
The 9005's will fit the fogs on a 01+ if i remember right. Its actually a 9145 but the 9005 are the exact same. The only difference is the 9145s are 45w and the 9005's are 65w most say theyll work just fine just brighter. I know the H3's will only work in the 99's and 00's. I bought both not knowing whihc would fit. So now these are left over. The 9006's well they dont fit anything on our trucks. So if you have another car that needs them. Like I said all im asking for is shipping and im like 2 hours outta dallas. The ultras go for 49.99 and the regular silverstars go for 39.99. So youll get a deal I jsut dont need them at all.

GoldLS1
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Sweet... last Q: will light the 9005s put off match the Xenarcs??

L8 APEX
03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Sweet... last Q: will light the 9005s put off match the Xenarcs??
Nothing matches HID's exactly. The Sylvanias are extreme white and most HID's have a hint of blue in them.

Cartel
03-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Like terry said they wont match but they sure do beat stock. I just put silverstars in the headlights and fogs and its a ton better. Not HIDS....but still good enough for me. Im sure they look evern better on a newer L with the clear headlights.

Kinda off topic but does anyone know a good way to go about cleaning headlights? I dont feel like getting clear ones yet because they wont match my fogs but they have a little tint of yellow starting on them so id like to clean them up a bit. I have some of that meguairs optix stuff and a headlight restoration kit for a drill. I just havent gotten around to itl. I tried wet sanding some headlights on my old bronco and that didnt get me anywhere.

dboat
03-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Like terry said they wont match but they sure do beat stock. I just put silverstars in the headlights and fogs and its a ton better. Not HIDS....but still good enough for me. Im sure they look evern better on a newer L with the clear headlights.

Kinda off topic but does anyone know a good way to go about cleaning headlights? I dont feel like getting clear ones yet because they wont match my fogs but they have a little tint of yellow starting on them so id like to clean them up a bit. I have some of that meguairs optix stuff and a headlight restoration kit for a drill. I just havent gotten around to itl. I tried wet sanding some headlights on my old bronco and that didnt get me anywhere.

The Meguiars route should work, although I havent used it myself. Or a good plastic polish.. I have seen some folks use toothpaste and a microfiber towel with good luck.
Dana

Cartel
03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks im heading up your way in a couple of weeks dana! No idea what to expect iv only lived in SoCal and Tejas so the north will be something very new to me...

Tex Arcana
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
The Meguiars route should work, although I havent used it myself. Or a good plastic polish.. I have seen some folks use toothpaste and a microfiber towel with good luck.
Dana

There is also a product called Brillianize that's basically a plastic polish, and can help take out the haze and protect them at the same time. Works pretty good on glass, too; but I don't know what it'll do to window film.

Tex Arcana
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
ugpm, btw

dboat
03-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks im heading up your way in a couple of weeks dana! No idea what to expect iv only lived in SoCal and Tejas so the north will be something very new to me...

Wil, where you coming up here to? If you are nearby, we can get together for a meal.. the truck is still in winter storage until April 1..

drop me a pm or email
Dana

dboat
03-08-2007, 08:50 PM
ugpm, btw:confused: what does that mean?

GoldLS1
03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Nothing matches HID's exactly. The Sylvanias are extreme white and most HID's have a hint of blue in them.

Recommend sum foglights/bulbs to match??

donkeydan
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Yeah i just got hids on my car...and hate taht they dont match the fog..but i saw a mustang webpage that has the same foglight bulbs to match....

Cartel
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
:confused: what does that mean?

You got personal Message by the way

Im leaving the 26th and spending the week in MD with the gf. Then im heading to PA the 29th I think either way ill be in PA that weekend just in time for your truck to get outta storage! Haha but yeah I dunno how far we'll be but id like to meet some L's

dboat
03-09-2007, 05:38 AM
You got personal Message by the way

Im leaving the 26th and spending the week in MD with the gf. Then im heading to PA the 29th I think either way ill be in PA that weekend just in time for your truck to get outta storage! Haha but yeah I dunno how far we'll be but id like to meet some L's

Thanks and Cool..

what city(s) in Pa are you planning on going thru?

Cartel
03-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Im going to be in MD well the University of MD then driving up to blairsville PA. I have no idea what towns im going through all I know is ill be in Indiana county and about 4o miles outta pittsburgh. Im guessing your all the way on the otherside in erie huh?

dboat
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Im going to be in MD well the University of MD then driving up to blairsville PA. I have no idea what towns im going through all I know is ill be in Indiana county and about 4o miles outta pittsburgh. Im guessing your all the way on the otherside in erie huh?

Well, Erie isnt that big, but you will be about 160 miles away from me.. doesnt look good for a hookup for dinner..

If you can get closer, let me know..

Dana