PDA

View Full Version : Oil Seperator Kit??

slick-svt
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Hey I need one does anyone have a kit or is this a basic do it yourself kinda thing?
Thanks

charlie
03-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Go to Home crapo . In the tool section there will be air/oil seperators. Get one that will except NPT threads. In the the same department the will be hose barbs. get 2 of them that has the same NPT threads as the seperator, and the barb part the same as the hose your going to split.

To those that say they don't work.... Stop now..... Mine works great. And I have less than $20.00 bux in it.

Charlie

http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/1852/medium/Under_hood_2.jpg

Mine also has a regulator built in...I wanted to see if I could reduce the flow. (don't bother with the regulator)

SVTJoseCuervo
03-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I need one too :hammer:

Cartel
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah im going either the cheapo route for now or I have a catch can left over from an old LS1 I use to have. I think im prob just going to make that work. It even has a clear little lens to see how much oil its gathered up. Looks really nice too.

Iv alos seen cheap catch cans on ebay. Im sure theyd do the same job wouldnt they?

slick-svt
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I just hope the cooler under the blower doesn't have alot of oil on it. Any other way to clean it without removing it? HIgh idle and a can of B-12

tiffo60
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I just hope the cooler under the blower doesn't have alot of oil on it. Any other way to clean it without removing it? HIgh idle and a can of B-12

theres no getting around it, you have to pull it off to get it super clean, I used about 8 cans of chemtool when i cleaned mine:rolleyes:

slick-svt
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Tifton I kinda remember what yours looked like at the track, but I slept since then. RPM outlet had a kit but I what to get it before I retire

slick-svt
03-09-2007, 03:42 PM
OK, I have it on. Were it T's in at there is another line that runs to the back of the engine behind the blower is this from the drivers side of the valve cover? Couldn't really see back there.

Tex Arcana
03-10-2007, 11:27 PM

That Super Clean purple stuff works real well, too, and lets you soak the intercooler to get all the gunk off.

slick-svt
03-11-2007, 01:05 AM
I haven't thought about taking it off yet, installed on of thoses oil seperators and still is a little oil getting through but I'm sure its better than none at all