PDA

View Full Version : Octanium Works!

TXLIGHTNING
03-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I recently found a new octane booster on the market, its called Octanium (Octaniumpower.com). I have been having det problems like crazy, Terry sent me new tunes, but I still had to pull more timing to cure the problem :mad: . Mon I ordered a bottle of Octanium and mixed half the bottle (16oz) with a full tank of Exxon 93oct gas and loaded my original tune from Terry (The one that was Det like CRAZY!). I drove around for about 15miles and then I got on it. There was absolutely NO DET :D . The truck ran hard, and smooth as I have ever felt in my BUTT-O-METER. I am going to buy more of this stuff and next refill I will try mixing 1/3 of the bottle to each tank, just to raise the octane a couple of points, they come in 32oz bottles. If it works that means a bottle will treat 3 full tanks. I don't do much driving, so this works great for me. If you can afford to put this in your tank at every fill up I doubt you will be disappointed. Before I got a bottle, I sent a email to the Octanium crew and this is what they had to say :tu: .
Hi Tony,

Octanium definitely works extremely well especially in your supercharged Lightning. We just took a Kenne Bell supercharger equipped Lightning to the track on Saturday and with pump gas + Octanium the truck went an 11.47 @ 117 with no detonation. We always run 1/2 tank or less at the track. With the large fuel tank in your truck, you should run the full amount (32oz) to a full tank of gas. Naturally, the less pump gas you run & mix in the Octanium, you will see an even higher octane rating. I totally agree with you regarding the Ethanol blend. This is one of the key reasons why we have spent the last year and a half developing this product. Ethanol has been causing detonation in every performance vehicle that we have tested with.

Good luck with it and please report your experience to us please.

Jayson @ Xcelacorp

Fuzion
03-09-2007, 01:21 PM
That might fix my problem....

TXLIGHTNING
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
That might fix my problem....I have tried everything. The only way to get around the 10% ethanol problem is to pull timing or add more octane, and this stuff works. I just looked at my bottle and I didn't even pour half the bottle like I thought, (it was dark) it was a little over 1/3 of the bottle like I was going to try on my next refill :D . So I will probably order a case of this stuff. :tu:

Fuzion
03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
How much is it? Where you getting it from, direct from them?

TXLIGHTNING
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
How much is it? Where you getting it from, direct from them?http://www.octaniumpower.com/ Check it out. It comes in big 32oz aluminum cans. They are in Houston so it only takes a day to get it. :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Just loaded my warm weather Terry tune from 2006, warmed her up and took her out for some runs. Runs GREAT! No det at all. And what gets me is how smooth the truck is running :D, at idle and WOT.:tu:

bluesvt
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Just ordered some, and hopefully this stuff does the trick.

bluesvt
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Got an email from then saying thanks and wanting feedback. How did they know I had a Lightning though? I never put anything down about vehicle type or anything.

TXLIGHTNING
03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Probably because when I ordered mine I told them that there might be more lightning owners from TX ordering. Also, they could have done a Google search for their product and found our posts...?

Mark #2
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
What exactly is this stuff?
Chemical compostion?

Silver_2000
03-10-2007, 10:46 PM
What exactly is this stuff?
Chemical compostion?

the flash site is so screwed up that the music restarts all the time and the one detail page is only visible for a second when you click the logo

they have a street page BUT then also state its for off road use only ...

Finally something like 60% of ecommerce occurs while people are at work - Puting sound like that on a page lowers that to under 20%

WA 2 FST
03-10-2007, 11:02 PM
the flash site is so screwed up that the music restarts all the time and the one detail page is only visible for a second when you click the logo

they have a street page BUT then also state its for off road use only ...

Finally something like 60% of ecommerce occurs while people are at work - Puting sound like that on a page lowers that to under 20%

Yep... whoever put that site together (certainly the flash/home page) better not give up their day job... and refund Octanium their $$. That is one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

I'm not buying any until I know what I'm putting through my fuel system. I'd also like to see a decent technical write-up on the why/how it works. Looks very promising, though, and its good to see TXLIGHTNING is happy with it!

Mark #2
03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Guessing it is some heavy metals like Torco.
Basically elements near Pb (for those smarter than a 5th grader).;)

Ohmsby
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Sorry for the Hijack but I have been mixing three Gallons of 104 to a tank and seems to work the detonation out.

Mine is not a DD but lately the weather has encouraged me to drive an L

I had a barrel delivered to the shop last week

Mark #2
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Sorry for the Hijack but I have been mixing three Gallons of 104 to a tank and seems to work the detonation out.

I am going to put Pb in my tank C16 and see if that effects the O2s slow to respond codes. I cannot hear or feel detonation in the gas pedal like you guys.;)

Cartel
03-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I was going to order some but that site def discoraged me and i got tired of banging my head on the keyboard so I gave up :hammer:

dboat
03-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I am going to put Pb in my tank C16 and see if that effects the O2s slow to respond codes. I cannot hear or feel detonation in the gas pedal like you guys.;)

do you think the Pb level will be low enough to not mess up the 02 sensors?

Dana

Mark #2
03-11-2007, 01:25 AM
do you think the Pb level will be low enough to not mess up the 02 sensors?

Dana
Many have run straight C16 for years with no issues on the O2s.

bluesvt
03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I do not see anything wrong with the site. click on the images at the bottom left of the page. It says "what the heck is octanium?" Shaped like a mag glass.

bluesvt
03-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Really does not say anything about it though but mine will be here Tuesday or so. I doubt this stuff is any worse than some of the gas we get and can't be worse than detonation. Just my opinion.

Silver_2000
03-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I do not see anything wrong with the site. click on the images at the bottom left of the page. It says "what the heck is octanium?" Shaped like a mag glass.

Didnt see that link ..

Funny the link says "what the heck is octanium?" but the page is a simple explanation of what octane boost is and what detonation is ... NO information on what its made of or lead content

TXLIGHTNING
03-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Tried to post pics of the label. No such luck, file was to big :mad: . Its says it contains Methylcyclopentadienyl, Manganese, Tricarbonyl, MMT, and petroleum distillates. Of course they are not going to tell you exactly what is in it (I would like to know the formula for making CR :rolleyes: ) and give away their formula.

dboat
03-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Many have run straight C16 for years with no issues on the O2s.

Thats good to know.. somehow I always thought that any lead would kill the sensors.. I appreciate the newfound knowledge..

Dana

Mark #2
03-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Tried to post pics of the label. No such luck, file was to big :mad: . Its says it contains Methylcyclopentadienyl, Manganese, Tricarbonyl, MMT, and petroleum distillates. Of course they are not going to tell you exactly what is in it (I would like to know the formula for making CR :rolleyes: ) and give away their formula.

Manganese is the lead substitute, it probably does what is says.

BC Lightning
03-11-2007, 02:12 PM

+1

going to be adding 104 to every tank of gas from now on

L-Fever
03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
+1

going to be adding 104 to every tank of gas from now on

:tu::tu:

TXLIGHTNING
03-11-2007, 02:16 PM
+1

going to be adding 104 to every tank of gas from now on Where do you get the 104 from? And how long can it be stored?

BC Lightning
03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Where do you get the 104 from? And how long can it be stored?

From a sunoco dealer, and you have to pay a deposit for the 55 gallon drum, I remember reading where Terry posted it should be good if sealed up for 6 months, I paid roughly $425 for a 55 gallon drum back a year or so ago

TXLIGHTNING
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
From a sunoco dealer, and you have to pay a deposit for the 55 gallon drum, I remember reading where Terry posted it should be good if sealed up for 6 months, I paid roughly $425 for a 55 gallon drum back a year or so agoAre you still using the gas from that drum you bought a year ago?

BC Lightning
03-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Are you still using the gas from that drum you bought a year ago?

no

Silver_2000
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
From a sunoco dealer, and you have to pay a deposit for the 55 gallon drum, I remember reading where Terry posted it should be good if sealed up for 6 months, I paid roughly $425 for a 55 gallon drum back a year or so ago

~8 bucks a gallon ... :eek:

Ohmsby
03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
~8 bucks a gallon ... :eek:
I'm getting it for about 6.50 my truck was really only detonating with more timing and cooler temps but a little insurance for me goes a long way

cost me $12.00 per fill up octane booster is only a little less and I dont think it does the same thing IMHO

3 gallons per fill up gives me 18 tanks again mine is not a dd

I am running a conservative tune on the street, @ 12* I have trouble keeping the DR's under the truck so more power really is not needed on the street we are currently developing a full on race tune

P.S. red is faster.... suck it:throw:

bluesvt
03-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I would much rather pay the $25 for Octanium if it works. I never fill up and I figure 1/3 the bottle will give me a tank so.... $425 is not worth it to me on top of the gas prices as they are.

Tex Arcana
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
P.S. red is faster.... suck it:throw:

:rll: 'til the cop throws a hook on you for LOOKING fast. :tongue:

charlie
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I would much rather pay the $25 for Octanium if it works. I never fill up and I figure 1/3 the bottle will give me a tank so.... $425 is not worth it to me on top of the gas prices as they are.

Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just get a meth/water injection kit? And run denatured alcky. from home crapo.

Charlie

bluesvt
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just get a meth/water injection kit? And run denatured alcky. from home crapo.

Charlie

Or get rid of ethanol in the gas.

Tex Arcana
03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Or get rid of ethanol in the gas.

Or up the fuel in the tune?

bluesvt
03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Or up the fuel in the tune?

I was running 11 - 11.2 and detonating. Thats what you mean right?

Tex Arcana
03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I was running 11 - 11.2 and detonating. Thats what you mean right?

yah, I should've stated that better: "increase the amount of fuel in the air-fuel ratio?"

This is where Terry needs to chime in. :)

bluesvt
03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Got my Octanium today! I will see what happens when I get some more fuel in the truck. :beer: Smells like moth balls.

TXLIGHTNING
03-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Got my Octanium today! I will see what happens when I get some more fuel in the truck. :beer: Smells like moth balls.Make sure you hang on to the plastic plug under the cap. The bottle will leak without it. :tu:

bluesvt
03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Gotcha :tu: The UPS guy was making fun of me when I got it b/c I might have a few drinks in me. :beer:

Mark #2
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Got my Octanium today! I will see what happens when I get some more fuel in the truck. :beer: Smells like moth balls.

Got an idea what this stuff is, industry banned and old school mixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylcyclopentadienyl_manganese_tricarbonyl

Link above mixed with naphthalene(moth balls)

The legend of mothballs as an octane enhancer arose well before WWII when naphthalene was used as the active ingredient. Today, the majority of mothballs use para-dichlorobenzene in place of naphthalene, so choose
carefully if you wish to experiment :-). There have been some concerns about the toxicity of para-dichlorobenzene, and naphthalene mothballs have again become popular. In the 1920s, typical gasoline octane ratings were 40-60 [11], and during the 1930s and 40s, the ratings increased by approximately 20 units as alkyl leads and improved refining processes became widespread [12].

Naphthalene has a blending motor octane number of 90 [52], so the addition of a significant amount of mothballs could increase the octane, and they were soluble in gasoline. The amount usually required to appreciably increase the octane also had some adverse effects. The most obvious was due to the high melting point ( 80C ), when the fuel evaporated the naphthalene would precipitate out, blocking jets and filters. With modern gasolines, naphthalene is more likely to reduce the octane rating, and the amount required for low octane fuels will also create operational and emissions problems.

bluesvt
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Well damn I knew it smelled like mothballs. Have not used any yet.

Mark #2
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Well damn I knew it smelled like mothballs. Have not used any yet.
Just to be clear I am not saying not to use it, just trying to understand what it is.
NOS off road racing formula octane boost is similar and I have used it.

It probably works and will turn your plugs orange or purple based on what I have seen with NOS and Torco additives.

TXLIGHTNING
03-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Got an idea what this stuff is, industry banned and old school mixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylcyclopentadienyl_manganese_tricarbonyl

Link above mixed with naphthalene(moth balls)

The legend of mothballs as an octane enhancer arose well before WWII when naphthalene was used as the active ingredient. Today, the majority of mothballs use para-dichlorobenzene in place of naphthalene, so choose
carefully if you wish to experiment :-). There have been some concerns about the toxicity of para-dichlorobenzene, and naphthalene mothballs have again become popular. In the 1920s, typical gasoline octane ratings were 40-60 [11], and during the 1930s and 40s, the ratings increased by approximately 20 units as alkyl leads and improved refining processes became widespread [12].

Naphthalene has a blending motor octane number of 90 [52], so the addition of a significant amount of mothballs could increase the octane, and they were soluble in gasoline. The amount usually required to appreciably increase the octane also had some adverse effects. The most obvious was due to the high melting point ( 80C ), when the fuel evaporated the naphthalene would precipitate out, blocking jets and filters. With modern gasolines, naphthalene is more likely to reduce the octane rating, and the amount required for low octane fuels will also create operational and emissions problems. Claims on the bottle to be safe for injectors, catts, O2 sensors exc..?

bluesvt
03-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I will use it only when I get bad gas. So everytime I fill up I will wait to make sure I start detonating and then use it. :tu: