PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Thread

Sixpipes
03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Maybe we should start an archive with dyno numbers and combo's much the same way we do strip times. I know we can hunt around and find stuff, but it would be interesting to see dyno numbers listed on the same sheet with combo's, time/date, and location dynoed. Weather information would be helpful as well. The dyno thread we have is really outdated and doesn't read easily. Thoughts? :cool:

SVTJoseCuervo
03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Cool Idea.

tiffo60
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
if we were to do it we would have to be more specific in our listing of mods, which each one is, pulley combo, how much boost, ect. it would be more helpful in the way that if someone was wanting to know which mods are more bang for there buck, they could pull up the list and do there comparisons

TXLIGHTNING
03-28-2007, 11:38 AM
:tu:

slick-svt
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
HEY, Here's one Lets all just pitch in and buy a dyno?....Yea Right :rolleyes:

wesman
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Actually stay tuned....:tex

bluesvt
03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
We can do a dyno day at Lincoln Tech!!! :d :rll: I like the idea though of the thread of dyno results. :tu:

charlie
03-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Actually......... I kinda like that idea. Talon members only. Owned by the club.

Charlie

tiffo60
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Actually......... I kinda like that idea. Talon members only. Owned by the club.

Charlie

if 100 of us all threw in 1k, we might be able to pick one up:D

charlie
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
if 100 of us all threw in 1k, we might be able to pick one up:D

I could swing that..... But I would rather it be a 1000 putting in a $100.00 each

But......

Where would you put it?
Who would maintain it? ....... I could.
How much to charge members for each pull?
Who would decide what to do with the extra money the dyno made?
Who would be there when members wanted to use it?
And the list goes on ,,,, and on.
Damn I'm a wet blanket.

Charlie

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Charlie
It could be a portable one if there any good, Terry could be the tech and have a mobile dyno service, charge by the hour or by the pulls plus pay for his expert knowledge. And if anyone sold their L or wanted to get out the rest could buy that persons share or the share could be devided between how ever many people
Maybe we could all put in 250.00 or 500.00 ea?
Terry what do you think?

charlie
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
It could be a portable one if there any good, Terry could be the tech and have a mobile dyno service, charge by the hour or by the pulls plus pay for his expert knowledge. And if anyone sold their L or wanted to get out the rest could buy that persons share or the share could be devided between how ever many people
Maybe we could all put in 250.00 or 500.00 ea?
Terry what do you think?

Thats ok.... I would chip in if the club owned it. But not if one person owned it. Unless the people that chipped in got free dyno sessions for the life of the dyno. ( In writing )

Charlie

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Also there is maintainence on it, maybe Talon members could pay 5.00 a pull or something. There is going to be gas costs....etc. Here is one I found just to look at and there is an L on it (one of yall??)
That one is priced at 36,000 lets just say 40,000 to cover everything for 100 members thats 400ea.

http://racingjunk.com/post/727470/Mobile-Dynojet-Dynamometer-model-224.html

wesman
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
lmao....you guys seriously think that there will be a club owned dyno ??

Some of the issues with that have been posted.....the most important that was left out is the liability and insurance.

Another member and I have talked about getting a dyno, but it's a ways off. There are lots of things to consider, the things listed here are only the tip of the iceberg.

--wes

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 02:12 PM
That would have to be a group thing, if everyone wanted one they would have to chip in

wesman
03-29-2007, 02:16 PM
We can't get people to show up and pay for BBQ they said they wanted and it was like $400 total.....I would say it's next to impossible to get 100 (I've only met about 25 members) members to chip in $400 to even buy the dyno.

--wes

tiffo60
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
heres a link to dynojets price list

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6085/07AutomotiveDomDlr.pdf

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
We can't get people to show up and pay for BBQ they said they wanted and it was like $400 total.....I would say it's next to impossible to get 100 (I've only met about 25 members) members to chip in $400 to even buy the dyno.

--wes
Like I said it would have to be a group thing I was just brainstorming... you guys had BBQ? when was this?:D

Sixpipes
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Why own the cow when you can get the milk for $60? :tongue:

tiffo60
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
fixed the link

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
A mobile one would be nice

Tex Arcana
03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I could swing that..... But I would rather it be a 1000 putting in a $100.00 each

But......

Where would you put it?
Who would maintain it? ....... I could.
How much to charge members for each pull?
Who would decide what to do with the extra money the dyno made?
Who would be there when members wanted to use it?
And the list goes on ,,,, and on.
Damn I'm a wet blanket.

Charlie

Actually, those that contributed would get first dibs and free pulls for life. :cool:

BC Lightning
03-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Why own the cow when you can get the milk for $60? :tongue:

exactly, this like life is nothing more than a math problem, everybody thinks it’s a good idea, but for the few of us who have called manufactures about pricing its just not worth it

here are too many things to think about here, say you put it in a shop. who would own the building, pay the utilities, electric, etc

so buy a mobile dyno, well who is going to fork the $$ to insure the rig, pay the storage costs for the mobile dyno, who is going to keep up with it??

Deals with people are easy to get into, but hard to get out of.

And if I fork out a couple grand, I'd expect to get free pulls

Wes and I have talked about buying our own shop and buying a lift and dyno. But honestly I don't want to spend that much money and not get that much use out of it and have he and I be stuck with all the other costs

Oh and we had BBQ at the TALON Fall Classic where many committed, and like usual, the regulars showed up, but many others didn't

L8 APEX
03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
The in ground is the only way to go. The ones on the end of a lift make it hard to work around the vehicle. ANytime you have to get a nice car on a lift there are issues with clearance. The mobile rigs have never impressed me. I remember when Jake got a door prize pull at L Fest in 04. I think it showed 240hp and the operator was banging rev limiters all weekend. Then there is dyno maintenance, they don't run for free. The brakes, lines, A/F sensors all of that stuff wears out quickly with race fuel/vehicles etc. In ground is the fastest and most reliable system ot use.