PDA

View Full Version : Porting the stock eaton...

SVTJoseCuervo
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Interested in doing this hopefully by summer...
How much does this usually go for?...who does it and how much hp would I be looking at?...

thanks any info or links:tu:

bluesvt
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I know as much as you do on this, but I see a lot of Apten ported stuff and hear good things. They also say it is a hit or miss on the stock Heaton.

L8 APEX
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I would just buy a KB. A good port is 4-500 bucks plus shipping. Occasionally they run specials. I would stay with Steig or Apten.

Fuzion
03-28-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a ported Eaton i will have for sale in about a week or so. I paid 600 for it, spent another 450 at Stiegemeier. But........ the snout does need to new bearings.

Price Breakdown.
Lightning Update (went from Stage 2 port to a Stage 4) (no charge)
Strip Rotors - 245 bucks
Pulley Swap (went from a 2.73 to a 2.93 Cog) 40 bucks
Shipping & Handling - 40
Snout Rebuild - 125 bucks.

So........ if you have any questions let me know. The reason the upgrade port job was no charge is because they were already going to have it apart to strip the rotors and most the $$$ comes from the labor to take it apart.

SVTJoseCuervo
03-28-2007, 07:07 PM
I have a ported Eaton i will have for sale in about a week or so. I paid 600 for it, spent another 450 at Stiegemeier. But........ the snout does need to new bearings.

Price Breakdown.
Strip Rotors - 245 bucks
Shipping & Handling - 40

So........ if you have any questions let me know. The reason the upgrade port job was no charge is because they were already going to have it apart to strip the rotors and most the $$$ comes from the labor to take it apart.

Man...that sounds good but right now I was just looking for some info on it...

I bet you will get rid of the it before summer and Im low on $$$ atm:evil

:tu:

slick-svt
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM

Price Breakdown.
Strip Rotors - 245 bucks
Shipping & Handling - 40

How much of a difference did it make?

Fuzion
03-29-2007, 01:21 AM
How much of a difference did it make?

Specifically i don't know cause i also added a 2.93 pulley to it from the stock Harley pulley which is 2lbs less than ya'll.

I know my numbers went up about 75rwhp by adding the ported S/C and the pulley.

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 01:31 AM
I would like to get mine done or buy one done, I can't go with a KB because of warranty issues

Fuzion
03-29-2007, 01:37 AM
I would like to get mine done or buy one done, I can't go with a KB because of warranty issues

Mine will be for sale, minus the upper pulley and will need the snout rebuilt.

slick-svt
03-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Mine will be for sale, minus the upper pulley and will need the snout rebuilt.
I would like to just put a ported one on mine between dealership visits and maybe add one upgrade at time.I can only use stock pulleys but I can do intake and exhaust. What do you have to have for it?

03stx
03-29-2007, 07:34 AM
most people say to take real advantage of the port you need to add a 6# lower. I dunno that is just what I hear.

TXLIGHTNING
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
most people say to take real advantage of the port you need to add a 6# lower. I dunno that is just what I hear. Its true. You have to spin the Heaton hard to get the power you want.

BC Lightning
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Its true. You have to spin the Heaton hard to get the power you want.

I disagree, if you spin the Heaton to hard all you will create is heat

my blower would be super super hot after a pass when it was ported, 2.80 upper pulley and 6# lower

L8 APEX
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I think he means you have to spin it to get the volume out of it. A ported blower with a 4# pulley isn't much better than stock. When you spin it hard enough the port flows better after the point where the stock port was restrictive which is about 12-14 psi. Or something like that..

03stx
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I think he means you have to spin it to get the volume out of it. A ported blower with a 4# pulley isn't much better than stock. When you spin it hard enough the port flows better after the point where the stock port was restrictive which is about 12-14 psi. Or something like that..

This is what I was talking about.