PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Rant

dboat
04-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I thought I would share a recent experience with everyone that wasnt a good one.. Doug, if this is off base, please delete it.

On March 24th, I ordered a new set of EBC rotors and green stuff brake pads for my L. I did it at an internet site called autopartsperforman.com. it was an internet order so I had to make sure I had the right parts numbers and such. They offered free ground shipping and I had an appointment to get the truck inspected, get the brakes done, etc for the following Sat. So, it shouldnt be a problem to get my parts by Friday. Well, one set of brake pads arrive on Wed, I open the box only to find out they sent the wrong set of pads to me..
So I call the next morning and talk to the customer sales rep, and let him know of the error. He sends me a return merch auth, but then I ask him to overnight the correct parts to me so I can get my truck done. Well, he would have to charge me for the pads since I havent returned the others, that was ok, but he couldnt approve the overnight shipping and I asked to talk to a supv, of which I was informed that he was in a meeting. He would get back to me. Well, to no surprise, I never got a call, and as of this Thurs, no new pads either. So I call back, am told is there no new order for pads. I told the buy that I had authorized the purchase and that they should overnight me the pads.. He says that they dont overnight performance parts, company policy. I ask to speak to a supv. He tells me a supv cant ok that either and that he is the highest authority to speak with. I said, its your fault that I dont have my brake pads and I also am not paying to ship back the pads you sent in error. He says it isnt "his" fault.. (ok at this point, I am pretty mad) I said of course YOU didnt pick up the wrong ones, but it is your company's fault. He agreed. He told me to send an email to shipping to request a shipping label to see if they will pay to for the return. He then asks me if I want to order the brake pads and I say no.
I went to the Summit Racing site yesterday around 4p, ordered Hawk HPS pads, they get shipped yesterday and after checking the Fedex website, are on the truck to be delivered here today.. now that is service..
Apparently, this company with the POS customer service has multiple websites, the one listed above, thepartsbin.com, and I dont know how many others.. I will say this, it will be a very cold day you know where before I would ever consider giving them my business ever again..

rant off

Dana

charlie
04-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the post. It's good to get a heads up on a vendor. So far I've been lucky ordering over the net.

I wonder if it would be OK to post up a good and bad vendor experience list?

Charlie

GoldLS1
04-07-2007, 09:59 AM
On March 24th, I ordered a new set of EBC rotors and green stuff brake pads for my L.

Off topic, but may I ask why ANOTHER set (mostly the rotors)?? How many miles did you get off your last set??

L8 APEX
04-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Because if you brake hard you will crack and destroy stock size rotors. No matter what pretty CNC design they have on them.

dboat
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Because if you brake hard you will crack and destroy stock size rotors. No matter what pretty CNC design they have on them.

true true.. I am hard on rotors myself, but they have gone around 30k miles.. they passed inspection but that doesnt mean that a new set wouldnt have been a good idea..

I got the brake pad set today from Summit.. man that was fast and great service. They even send a form with the shipment in case you want to return or exchange them.. they will get my business again..:tu:

Dana

tiffo60
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
i have always had great luck with summit, very speedy shipping:tu:

my2002lightning
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Dana,

I was very impressed with http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/start?r=store& for their quick and accurate shipping last year of my EBC rotors / pads and Hotchkis coils / sways.

Besides, the EBC "Sales Rep." should be reason enough to go EBC. :evil

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/MVC-041F1.JPG

Ronald

dboat
04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Ronald,
did you get the black or the gold rotors?
Dana

my2002lightning
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Dana,

The black paint on the rotor surface goes away after a few days of moderate use. The paint on the rotor hat stays.

Here they are out of the box.

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/MVC-040F1.JPG

GoldLS1
04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Yep those look like mine... black is the domestic, zinc is import. Ill take some pics of them on my truck tom. if I remember.

my2002lightning
04-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Dana,

Here are those same front/rear EBC rotors, etc. installed after some mild daily use on the L.

Notice how the paint wore-away to the actual braking surface.

Many thanks, again, to Andrew/microsuck for the install! :tu:

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/MVC-313F.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/MVC-314F.JPG