PDA

View Full Version : Machine Shop

skidmarkracing
04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,
I need a local machine shop to prep a block for me. I finally found the cause of all my frustration with my motor. It would work then not work. Leak oil into the coolant then not. lose boost then not. Dang gremlins. Well some time back my boost controller failed and I hit upwards 50 psi which in turn lifted the heads. Since then I have been chasing problems with leaky heads and the above. After my last tear down, their she lay, split my block. When the heads lifted it broke some of the stud runners. Anyway I have several blocks and need to prep a new one. I have used Plano Machine in the past, but the last time I did was not pleased at all.

Basically it needs to be vatted, tumbled, decked and honed.

03LightningRocks
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey guys,
I need a local machine shop to prep a block for me. I finally found the cause of all my frustration with my motor. It would work then not work. Leak oil into the coolant then not. lose boost then not. Dang gremlins. Well some time back my boost controller failed and I hit upwards 50 psi which in turn lifted the heads. Since then I have been chasing problems with leaky heads and the above. After my last tear down, their she lay, split my block. When the heads lifted it broke some of the stud runners. Anyway I have several blocks and need to prep a new one. I have used Plano Machine in the past, but the last time I did was not pleased at all.

Basically it needs to be vatted, tumbled, decked and honed.

Send a PM to Terry( L8 APEX (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=11820) ). he'll know of someone.

slick-svt
04-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Use torque plates if you have to bore it

wesman
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Terry uses/used Wells racing for machine work

--wes

BC Lightning
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Terry uses/used Wells racing for machine work

--wes

+1 for Wells Racing; 972-298-9900

skidmarkracing
04-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I contacted Wells and will be taking my block to them. They were very nice on the phone and told me exactly what needed to be done for my application.