PDA

View Full Version : Car Shows

SpeedyBolt
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Has anybody ever hosted thier own car show? I'm thinking about having one to raise money for our Relay For Life team. It will be here in Whitney and we are supposed to be having a team meeting to set a definitive date to have it. Any way would any of you be interested in coming if we decide to do this? All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. I'm just trying to get some feelers out there right now to see if I can make this thng work or not.

Shiner1
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I put one together a couple of years ago as a fund raiser. Not too hard really, just time intensive to get set up. Now is a great time of year with tax season right around the corner. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some specifics if you want.

SpeedyBolt
04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I put one together a couple of years ago as a fund raiser. Not too hard really, just time intensive to get set up. Now is a great time of year with tax season right around the corner. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some specifics if you want.

Well, this might not happen now. I got orders to go to Iraq last night. I find out more this weekend at drill but right now it looks like I will be leaving the first of May!!!! I just got back from training and haven't even been home for two months yet! I'll keep you posted though. I really think its a good idea to raise some money!

tiffo60
04-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, this might not happen now. I got orders to go to Iraq last night. I find out more this weekend at drill but right now it looks like I will be leaving the first of May!!!! I just got back from training and haven't even been home for two months yet! I'll keep you posted though. I really think its a good idea to raise some money!

I have a buddy in Iraq right now and hes been there for over a year and he is on his second tour, I have great respect for anyone in the armed forces, my best to all of yall:beer:

wesman
04-11-2007, 11:08 AM

Best of luck...keep your head down ....are you in the guard or the reserves ?

--wes

L8 APEX
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Dumbass, look what you got yourself into now:D . Kill first ask questions later!

Shiner1
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM

No problem. Best of luck to you and always remember....Never die for lack of shooting back. Good luck. If you need me to take care of your Lightning while you are gone just let me know...:d

SpeedyBolt
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Best of luck...keep your head down ....are you in the guard or the reserves ?

--wes

I'm in the Guard. I'm really not looking forward to it but I will do my part!!!

bluesvt
04-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I got 2 friends in Afghanistan doing work for Blackwater. Should be home soon, been there over a year now. He said his group got hit twice in a week and a guy lost his leg. Crazy hearing stories from over there. Try to be safe man and god bless. -Kyle