PDA

View Full Version : Photo shoot?

bluesvt
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I missed last years b/c of work and was curious as to when this years will be. Did not know if anyone has thought anything about it or not.

Silver_2000
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I bought a new camera... A 10 megapixel monster, ill be happy to take the pictures, but it willl take some work to get another Group shot together, our Lead Organizer has moved on to DAD duty so we need someone else to step up and take the lead...

STooPiD
04-12-2007, 09:08 PM
I bought a new camera... A 10 megapixel monster, ill be happy to take the pictures, but it willl take some work to get another Group shot together, our Lead Organizer has moved on to DAD duty so we need someone else to step up and take the lead...

1, 2, 3... NOT IT!!! :d

BUT, it would be nice if it waited until I have my truck back. As of right now, I do not know when that will be.

BC Lightning
04-12-2007, 11:51 PM
1, 2, 3... NOT IT!!! :d

BUT, it would be nice if it waited until I have my truck back. As of right now, I do not know when that will be.

There had been talks of later in the year, We did the 2005 photo shoot in August

tliss
04-13-2007, 09:18 AM

I can make some calls and try to start this up again, but I'm not sure how much effort I'll be able to put into it.

Want to try TMS again, or are we looking for a new venue?

Definitely want to do it during the summer while we have sunlight later into the evening.

Tom

StormShadow
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I can make some calls and try to start this up again, but I'm not sure how much effort I'll be able to put into it.

Definitely want to do it during the summer while we have sunlight later into the evening.

Tom

Maybe in front of the Ballpark in Arlington or The (horse) Racetrack in Grand Praire?

BC Lightning
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Tom

I liked TMS, and it might be a litle effort this go around since we have done it there before

Silver_2000
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
If we do it at TMS who is going to sponsor the cost of the Lift ?

Doug

Ohmsby
04-13-2007, 09:56 AM
If we do it at TMS who is going to sponsor the cost of the Lift ?

Doug

how high do you need to be?

Silver_2000
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Im not sure

In 2005 Ron and Plano AC rented a lift - Garrets photog freind went up in the bucket - maybe 30 feet ?

You can see friom here what we used

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/medium/P1060373_Large_.JPG

for this shot

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/best-image20-302.jpg

We need the height to be able to see the trucks in the second row

We spliced the pictures together in 2005 - Ill rent or buy a wide angle/ fish eye lens to try to get everyone in one shot ....

BC Lightning
04-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Uncle Rocks paid for the lift last time, it was up there pretty high, he even had to go through a training course :tex

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/medium/PICT1786.JPG

Ohmsby
04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't have anything that will go that high

May be able to call in a favor from my electrician he has a bucket truck that will reach out that high

STooPiD
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
As a last resort, I may be able to find a good deal from United Rentals or KDL Lifts through my company.

TP Derrick D
04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe in front of the Ballpark in Arlington or The (horse) Racetrack in Grand Praire?

hey Adam, how's it going man? we talked about the Ballpark just briefly last time. I like that idea,it would be good to jump around to different sites in the area thats not costly and have proper space to showcase DFW attractions.

BC Lightning
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
hey Adam, how's it going man? we talked about the Ballpark just briefly last time. I like that idea,it would be good to jump around to different sites in the area thats not costly and have proper space to showcase DFW attractions.

we also talked about Texas Stadium last time

02HemiWho?
04-13-2007, 03:11 PM

I like the TMS idea, didnt have my L when yall last took the pics, but my buddy was there and they turned out pretty sweet...

TP Derrick D
04-13-2007, 04:03 PM

yeah, i remember talk about pictures on the inside with the star in front of the L's but riding on the turf with 60 trucks maybe a little hard to pass off to Jerry. It would be cool tho, like TMS was. The parking deck was OK for all the trucks,just no postcard type feel to it without the backdrop like TMS,Ballpark...others

99WhiteBeast
04-13-2007, 04:15 PM

That thing is an eyesore POS- Don't get me wrong I'm a Cowboy fan through and through but that is not appealing unless we could park on the field

L8 APEX
04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
That ho looks like the ThunderDome.

99WhiteBeast
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
That ho looks like the ThunderDome.
:rll::bows That's greatness

charlie
04-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Steve K. (mustgofaster) took pic's at that gathering. And IMHO his looked better than the pro's pic. And after seeing that pic. I went out and bought a camera like it. So if some one that knows how to do a good job with it, is more than welcome to use it for a photo shoot.

Charlie

Silver_2000
04-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Steve K. (mustgofaster) took pic's at that gathering. And IMHO his looked better than the pro's pic. And after seeing that pic. I went out and bought a camera like it. So if some one that knows how to do a good job with it, is more than welcome to use it for a photo shoot.

Charlie
What did you buy ?

02HemiWho?
04-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I work at the Gaylord, if all else fails we could park the trucks in the valet lot and shot pics from the 3rd level of the parking garage, or take pics on the top level, just need heads up so i could talk to the GM, and theres texan station which is a bar and grill inside, i get like 20% off there if yall wanna eat lunch...

Just an idea...

BC Lightning
04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I work at the Gaylord, if all else fails we could park the trucks in the valet lot and shot pics from the 3rd level of the parking garage, or take pics on the top level, just need heads up so i could talk to the GM, and theres texan station which is a bar and grill inside, i get like 20% off there if yall wanna eat lunch...

Just an idea...

the problem with the Gaylord is there isn't any real identifying place around there, when other groups see the pic there needs to be something that is very recognizable, Ranger stadium, TMS, inside of Texas Stadium, Downtown by the green building..............

charlie
04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
What did you buy ?

Soney cyber shot
Last year. Wolf camera $700.00 out the door But that was also with a 2 gig memory stick and case. It's only 8 mega pixel and a 12x zoom. Steve's is a 10 maga pixel and 10x zoom Cannon I think.
It has more features than I will ever use.

Charlie

Silver_2000
04-15-2007, 12:02 PM
the problem with the Gaylord is there isn't any real identifying place around there, when other groups see the pic there needs to be something that is very recognizable, Ranger stadium, TMS, inside of Texas Stadium, Downtown by the green building..............

First priority HAS to be getting good picture of the trucks ... the background has to be a second priority

BC Lightning
04-15-2007, 02:19 PM
First priority HAS to be getting good picture of the trucks ... the background has to be a second priority

Which is why I personally like TMS the best, all trucks can be seen, and has the big TEXAS behind us

03LightningRocks
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Uncle Rocks paid for the lift last time, it was up there pretty high, he even had to go through a training course :tex

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6077/medium/PICT1786.JPG

That wasn't training. We where making a bet on which one of us could knock Howard out of the bucket with a rock....:evil .

Tex Arcana
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I'll be willing to volunteer to help with the shoot.

If we do TMS again, I've still got that idea of the entire bunch of trucks on one of the turns as it they're all racing, I think that would look very very cool.

If we end up elsewhere, I've a thought on that: couple years ago, SVTTexas did a shoot at the Addison airport, with a P51 Mustang as a centerpiece; individual shots first, then a huge group photo. It worked out well, and the plane was cool. My thought on this kinda make the idea a long shot, but if we could get the owner(s) of the P38 Lightning in Galveston to bring it up to Addison, we could do our shoot with it. Again, a bit of a long shot, but I can talk to a few folks and see where we can take it.

Outside that, I like the idea of using major local attractions for a backdrop: Texas Stadium, The Ballpark, Frisco Ballpark, Reunion Tower, the cattle drive in Downtown, etc. There's plenty of places we can do a shoot like this (even Frisco has their own cattle drive park that could hold the bunch of trucks).

Just a couple pennies for the thinking...

02HemiWho?
04-17-2007, 12:39 AM
I'll be willing to volunteer to help with the shoot.

If we do TMS again, I've still got that idea of the entire bunch of trucks on one of the turns as it they're all racing, I think that would look very very cool.

I like that idea, the group pic from last time at TMS looked really good, i didnt have my truck then but all the pics ive seen looked really sweet, i think we should do the pic there this year...

03LightningRocks
04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
My company is a founding sponsor(co-owner of sorts) at the Frisco Ballpark. I bet I could get them interested in us using it as a back drop. Let me know if this is a place of interest and I can check it out.

That brings up an:0fftopic . I have free tickets to several of the games out there if anyone is interested, let me know by PM or email plano.air@verizon.net and I will tell you some of the dates I have tickets. Even you Tex... :D .They are in groups of four.

Tex Arcana
04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Even you Tex... :D

:rll:

Tho, what's that black smudge in the corner...?? :tex

Tex Arcana
04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
I like that idea, the group pic from last time at TMS looked really good, i didnt have my truck then but all the pics ive seen looked really sweet, i think we should do the pic there this year...

I'm just OCD enough to still have this idea in my head... and had we enough time last year, I was going to push for it. And if we're going to move on to other venues in later years, maybe we should get this one done asap before the management changes their mind about letting us on the track.