PDA

View Full Version : Its off to Belton, TX Saturday morning

02REDSVT
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
To take my Border Patrol entry exam, but as I was heading back home today. I was on Hulen coming from the north and at the stop light just before you get to the Shell gas station. Some guy turns right at the light, like coming out of the Albersons I believe. He didn't even see me coming, so I had to brake real hard to avoid hitting him and turn the steering wheel to the left and hit the curb real hard. It did not crack or dent my wheel but my tire messed up and my alignment a little which I had taken to get done yesterday.

Its off to Belton on my spare.:flaming: I just hope I pass the test.

slick-svt
04-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Your going to work for the Border Patrol, that would be a cool job.

02REDSVT
04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah I have been trying to get into it since last year when I applied. I passed but did not go to my interview. Because at the time I was having some financial problems and could not move to New Mexico or Arizona if i passed everything, i forgot were the training camp is. So hopefully I'll pass the test again. This time I can afford to move out if I need to.

StormShadow
04-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Are you saying that Texas doesnt have any need for new Border Patrol positions?

TP Derrick D
04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I was in the Army at Ft Hood during my last year and all these companies & agencies come to try and hire ex-GI's, I wanted to apply for Border Patrol but had to take a pre-test in order to take the test since I didn't speak spanish,I took the pre-test to see if I could learn another language or not, failed the pre-test.

slick-svt
04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
There was a border solution a while back, it said dig out the Rio Grande use the dirt to fix the leveas in New Orleans, then fill the dug out Rio Grande with Florida crocks. then no more border problems.:cool:

Shiner1
04-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I applied for the Border patrol back in 94' when I got out of the Air Force. I was offered a job by them and LAPD. Took LAPD only because of the assignment commitment. Back then they could post you to any location they wanted. I had just spent 12 years going where they told me and really didn't want anymore of that. As it turned out my carreer with the LAPD was short lived. Tough, tough training with the BP. Best of luck.

02REDSVT
04-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I just got back from Belton, but didn't pass the test this time.:flaming: Although the Border Patrol officer told me to call the Minneapolis Hiring Center to see if they could still pull my old test score and just schedule me another interview. So I'm going to try and call them on Monday. The Border Patrol will be hiring for 2 to 3 years. If I cant get them to get my old test score, I'll just try again in 6 months.

02REDSVT
04-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Are you saying that Texas doesnt have any need for new Border Patrol positions?

No I'm not saying Texas does not need more Border Patrol officer. I think they do need more thats why I'm trying to join. My uncle works for them he has been pushing me to join. The angry smilie was because i was mad at the guy that made me hit the curb of of Hulen.

gagspa
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
What is on the test?

projlightning
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
There was a border solution a while back, it said dig out the Rio Grande use the dirt to fix the leveas in New Orleans, then fill the dug out Rio Grande with Florida crocks. then no more border problems.:cool:

They threw that idea out the window because the outcome of that would of been a lot of alligator boots, purses, etc.....:cool:

L8 APEX
04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
What is on the test?
Spanish:D,

02REDSVT
04-16-2007, 06:41 PM
What is on the test?
There were 36 reading questions in English. And 66 in Spanish I believe. But you can choose to take a different artificial language test which is alot harder, instead of the spanish test. And there's a personality test. Go to http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/study_guides/
for more info.

02REDSVT
04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
They threw that idea out the window because the outcome of that would of been a lot of alligator boots, purses, etc.....:cool:
There have been a lot of alligators spotted actually. Last year a friend killed 2 when he went fishing in the Rio Grande. I think people have thrown them in there or something.

slick-svt
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
There have been a lot of alligators spotted actually. Last year a friend killed 2 when he went fishing in the Rio Grande. I think people have thrown them in there or something.
SSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Don't tell anyone we need more:evil

TP Derrick D
04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
There were 36 reading questions in English. And 66 in Spanish I believe. But you can choose to take a different artificial language test which is alot harder, instead of the spanish test. And there's a personality test. Go to http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/study_guides/
for more info.

I took the artificial language test, that was about 16 years ago in' 91 I believe
after I got back from Desert Storm, so I'm sure they have changed it a little since then. At that time the topic was stopping illegal drugs more than the current topic of illegal immigrants.They also mentioned you could be stationed anywhere along the US border with Canada & Mexico-from Texas to Cali. I'm with Shiner when it comes to the assignment part,served in Army in Europe,Saudi/Iraq & US and kind of glad I'm somewhat settled without relocating,it was fun when I was young but hate moving as I got older.

wesman
04-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I took the artificial language test, that was about 16 years ago in' 91 I believe
after I got back from Desert Storm, so I'm sure they have changed it a little since then. At that time the topic was stopping illegal drugs more than the current topic of illegal immigrants.They also mentioned you could be stationed anywhere along the US border with Canada & Mexico-from Texas to Cali. I'm with Shiner when it comes to the assignment part,served in Army in Europe,Saudi/Iraq & US and kind of glad I'm somewhat settled without relocating,it was fun when I was young but hate moving as I got older.

I took the test as well when I first went through MEPS, it was called the DLAB if I recall correctly. It basically uses a made up language and teaches the rules (grammer, sentence structure etc.) and has you attempt to correctly identify the correct usage of the language you just learned.

I passed the test by two points and almost became an MI interrogator....chose Telecommunications instead. That test actually made my brain hurt. :tex

--wes